It’s nothing new

Congrats to all these kids getting paid but **** they need some financial advice. Invest that money or get some real estate not a 100K vehicle that will only go down in value
So… if a person makes only $200,000 and spends 1000 a month on a car, it’s 6% of his yearly earnings. If he makes only $5,000,000 a year, and he will his first contract not counting his signing bonus, and his payment is $3000 mo. it comes out to one tenth of that. I think he’ll be fine. His math isn’t like most peoples. Again he’ll be fine. It’s the common man I’m most concerned about.

Advertisement
Black college football star with a nice ride = something fishy

White college football star with a nice ride = oh his folks got money

Known plenty of folks whose initial reaction will always be the same

I hope you aren't suggesting Zbrod posted this because the kid is black? I'm 100% confident this would be a worthwhile discussion regardless of the player's race. It a 100K+ car for a college kid.

We saw SEC players post these pics all the time in past years, when the player had no legal source of income, while Miami players would be banned from playing college for getting a discount on renting out nice sports cars. What's different now is that everything is legal if done through an NIL deal. And some kids are allegedly earning 1M+ a year while still in college under those NIL deals.

No idea what Nolan is earning. But if it's that amount, then I can't even say he's reckless for buying his wheels. He'll still have a cool half million plus after taxes to save for a rainy day. Good for him. He deserves it more than Kirby does.

So we miss the part where William, Chase, Smith was flex on the net with new vehicle

I was told a couple years ago by guys on here Florida boys don't like to drive around in Bmws and Benzes and would much rather drive around in 1980s Chevys.

I hope he, and everyone else on NIL deals, are stashing away 33% because the IRS is salivating at the fact that it will finally get its cut from these payments.
Winners in NIL:
1. Players
2. IRS
3. Schools with NIL budgets/alumni

Exactly I’m hoping they’re assisting them and educating them on when it comes time to pay Uncle Sam.

Also with these NIL deals give them some real life classes on saving, investing etc.

Advertisement
I hope you aren't suggesting Zbrod posted this because the kid is black? I'm 100% confident this would be a worthwhile discussion regardless of the player's race.
I specifically said people who I know.

Didn't mention anything about message board posters I've never met.

I was told a couple years ago by guys on here Florida boys don't like to drive around in Bmws and Benzes and would much rather drive around in 1980s Chevys.
New Age New wave
I love my box Chevy's too but the wifey always wins out at the end.

New Age New wave
I love my box Chevy's too but the wifey always wins out at the end.
Thats what I was saying in my argument though, that the kids like foreigns. People said different. You are exactly right though, girls would much rather get picked up by a guy in a foreign than an old chevy.

Advertisement
I don’t understand. Maybe I missed something. Why do you care OP? Are you mad the young man is rolling in 100k vehicle? Get your hands out of that young mans pocket and stop trying to count his money . **** lol

Seems is point is that Georgia kids and other SEC power kids were getting whips like this under the table for decades and the whole wild west that is the NIL is allowing schools to lean on local dealerships and boosters to hook the kids up in broad daylight now.

Not about these kids finally getting theirs—it's about the Georgia's of the world getting even more of a competitive advantage over the have-nots in college football.

If anyone things Smith spent one red cent on this car, you're high. This was either a gift, of a loaner—which they'll replace in a year when he wants a new toy.

Again, good for the kids finally getting their due—but this NIL system is an poorly-thought out disaster that is going to crash and burn in a big way.

Advertisement
A $100K ride is only about $1K per month on a lease, maybe less if your dealer gives you a “deal”. If you think that these kids have zero expenses, technically even if they get $50K per year in NIL deals, they could easily afford to lease a nice whip.
This ain’t the type of vehicle you lease homeboy…as in the dealer won’t let you since it has about 30k + in mods.

1. I hope he takes that truck off road
2. I love my 2021 Ford Ranger (FX4 with upgraded Nitto all terrain tires)

Advertisement
So… if a person makes only $200,000 and spends 1000 a month on a car, it’s 6% of his yearly earnings. If he makes only $5,000,000 a year, and he will his first contract not counting his signing bonus, and his payment is $3000 mo. it comes out to one tenth of that. I think he’ll be fine. His math isn’t like most peoples. Again he’ll be fine. It’s the common man I’m most concerned about.

What if he has a career ending injury? Money doesn’t last for ever. It’s the basic principles of understanding money that most ppl lack. If you are buying a 100L truck, I bet you are blowing money on a new house for moms, then your boys etc… next thing you know you are out the league after 3 years and and got a dime to show. It happens more often then most realize. These nfl dudes go broke so quick cause no one has taught them about investing and money management. You could be set for life, instead most for broke and back to grinding out a 9-5 to survive like the rest of the world.

Seems is point is that Georgia kids and other SEC power kids were getting whips like this under the table for decades and the whole wild west that is the NIL is allowing schools to lean on local dealerships and boosters to hook the kids up in broad daylight now.

Not about these kids finally getting theirs—it's about the Georgia's of the world getting even more of a competitive advantage over the have-nots in college football.

If anyone things Smith spent one red cent on this car, you're high. This was either a gift, of a loaner—which they'll replace in a year when he wants a new toy.

Again, good for the kids finally getting their due—but this NIL system is an poorly-thought out disaster that is going to crash and burn in a big way.

The difference is, we can do similar now and the NCAA can go straight fūck themselves.

It may not be from some small town back channel, back door local dealer but now that we have people wanting to spend money on the program, they’ll figure out other ways.

Nobody is concerned that "kids" as they are called in this thread are having this much money?
Money like fame when comes too early in life could be damaging to young people especially without strict supervision.
Or it's only me?

Advertisement
Back