Issues with coach Mike Rumph

Advertisement
I'm onboard the hate train. Everyone kept telling us to be patient with Rumph. That sounds too much like Golden supporters telling us to be patient. Three years of trash recruiting. ZERO actual battles won. We've only gotten the guys who didn't necessarily need to be recruited. Thank god there's a crazy amount of talent down here.

Fire him.

Welcome aboard. I'm driving.

I think the focus of your ire should be on the defensive recruiting as a whole. Not sure what the issue but there's something not quite right with our defensive recruiting. Not sure if it's how they're targeting folks or when they're targeting or how Manny is involved but something is amiss there.

Advertisement

Marco
Henderson
Edwards
S.Davis

Campbell
PS2
Samuel

Will this guy ever land an elite CB lol ?

Blades don't count. He would of been a cane no matter what

Lets see how they turn out. Three of those cats are from AH and truth be told, you can blame a kid for going to Bama or UGA right now. those are very good programs.

The problem is no coherent strategy. They should have realized that Rumph sucks *** at recruiting the last 2 years losing guys like Byrd and Henderson, and gladly taken guys like Samuel 10 months ago instead of counting on him to land kids like Surtain and Campbell. That's a leadership issue. Rumph is what he is - a horrendous recruiter.

Advertisement
He's a good position coach.

Which I guess is a major prerequisite when you can't land top tier talent and are forced to squeeze every ounce of potential out of kids with less ability.

Die in a fire RUMPH

Advertisement
The problem is no coherent strategy. They should have realized that Rumph sucks *** at recruiting the last 2 years losing guys like Byrd and Henderson, and gladly taken guys like Samuel 10 months ago instead of counting on him to land kids like Surtain and Campbell. That's a leadership issue. Rumph is what he is - a horrendous recruiter.

Wouldn't it be something if he goes elsewhere and all of a sudden starts pulling blue chippers left and right? lol, just our luck that would happen

He'll have a heck of a lot more talent next season than he did this past season.

Complete and utter failure. I have no excuses left for Rumph. 0-3 on the top 3 DBs within a 40 min drive from the school and 2 of these guys are **** near ur babies?? Between DBs not turning their heads around and this, I’m good on him.

Advertisement
He's a good position coach.

Which I guess is a major prerequisite when you can't land top tier talent and are forced to squeeze every ounce of potential out of kids with less ability.

Die in a fire RUMPH

He's good, certainly not great. Wisconsin torched our DBs.

it may not be coaching at this point... the SEC draw is insane today. The money, facilities, ESPN etc are just too much now. The elite kids are getting it, we'll get the rest. Our best shot with elite kids are ones that aren't from Miami and are in awe of the cache of the city.

Advertisement
Back