Issiah Walker in transfer portal

Advertisement
Locals look at us as a last resort side option, they know when all else fails they can come back "home" even after they ****ted on us & picked our hated rival.

They'll talk shìt about us, clown us & disrespect us at every turn, but once they realize the grass ain't greener on the other side they'll come crawling back because they know Miami are some desperate hoes that you can treat any kind of way but we'll accept anything so it's okay lol.

That's how Local recruits see us. They don't wanna come here until after they experience that good ol' SEC country confederacy & there are no other options left on the table lol.

This is startlingly sad, and unfortunately so true for many of the ranked local recruits.

You don’t earn respect by acting like the used-up all-too-eager side chick that drops to her knees and starts inhaling ***** on command.

I don’t know what the story is with this dude.

But until we start earning our respect by a combination of winning and behaving like a program that has a pair of swinging nuts, we’re not automatically going to earn respect by the home crowd.

This is why if there’s any kind of a season this year, Diaz had to win big with this schedule or he needs to be out on his ***.

I’m done with this culture sh*t, if anything YOU helped manifest it but I know staff wasn’t complaining about culture when they were winning the first 2 years but after the last 2 seasons when they lose its such a problem. Fvck that, bring walker in, he’s an immense talent
30DAAE59-0651-4359-A1D9-0219A98C65CE.gif

This is startlingly sad, and unfortunately so true for many of the ranked local recruits.

You don’t earn respect by acting like the used-up all-too-eager side chick that drops to her knees and starts inhaling ***** on command.

I don’t know what the story is with this dude.

But until we start earning our respect by a combination of winning and behaving like a program that has a pair of swinging nuts, we’re not automatically going to earn respect by the home crowd.

This is why if there’s any kind of a season this year, Diaz had to win big with this schedule or he needs to be out on his ***.
The athletic dept is taking a huge hit financially, It would have to be awfully bad for them to eat his contract.

Advertisement
Lol at “sloppy”, I’ll take a gifted OT recruit who has NEVER played a down in college and currently at a position WE ******* SUCK AT other than Scaife
Whatever tickles your fancy, bud. If you read El's post? You know he's saying the truth. That's sloppy seconds in my book. His star ranking doesn't influence me one bit.

I understand your desperation, but he's not as game ready as a Grad Transfer with multiple starts.

I get it, the only thing fans can see is Stars & high school ratings, but none of that shìt matters once you step foot on a college campus. Mekhi Becton, Josh Jones, Robert Hunt all got drafted within the first 3 rounds & none of them were 4-stars in HS.

This kid couldn't handle the environment he wanted to go to so bad, then quit immediately. Offensive Linemen need to be mentally tough more than anything, trust me you don't want no soft kids on your OL, doesn't matter if they're 5-stars or not, if they fold under adversity they're as good as finished.

Idc what happens, if the staff takes him fine, but if they don't I 100% understand & agree with it. But if he's quitting because he's not guaranteed to start that's a huge red flag whether yall wanna acknowledge it or not.

I am not picking a side, but I would say that "in addition to" the stars and high school ratings, we also have to think about IC slots.

Do you give your last IC slot to a 1-year BUT GAME-READY rental...

Or do you give your last IC slot to a kid you WOULD HAVE TAKEN 4 months ago, and can play 4 years for your team?

Whatever tickles your fancy, bud. If you read El's post? You know he's saying the truth. That's sloppy seconds in my book. His star ranking doesn't influence me one bit.
It ain’t about star ranking, issiah walker Is a STUD, people just got revisionist history apparently, we ALL wanted walker before he committed to the gators and marveled at how talented this kid was/is. Considering the fact he hasn’t played a down yet in college you take him.

Advertisement
My bad. I had my dates off. Winter term January 2021.

Unless there are better prospects that we can get that is.

Yes, if he waits until mid-year, we could take him.

OR...

Here is a Bobby Axelrod hardcore-number-cruncher/heartless-motherfvcker method:

Let a kid (say, Moise) enrolls at, say, Coastal Carolina...uses a 2020 Coastal Carolina IC..."transfers" to Miami in January 2021...applies for a waiver to be eligible for Fall 2021...counts as a 2021 IC at Miami...

Then:

1. Moise gets to make "academic progress" for 12 or 15 credits in Fall 2020
2. Moise gets to count as a 2021 IC at Miami
3. Moise gets his education paid for at all times
4. Moise does not have to wait 2 years to earn an AA degree

Just let it sink in.

If it's between Ike Jr & Jarrid Williams, you take the experienced veteran OT with several starts & continuity with D'Eriq King over a TF who already bailed on his team just a couple months up in Gaynesville.

These South FLA kids wanna drink the Gaytorade so **** bad, let'em. He could've just signed with Miami to begin with in the first place, but nooooo "uF iS sO mUcH bEtTeR tHaN mIaMi!" Let them learn the hard way.

Whatever Coach Lash & Justice decide I'll agree with it, whether they take him or not. Fans are always desperate for talent but if he's not mentally tough enough & comes with a whole bunch drama, no need to waste a scholly on a kid who'll be a bust here anyways.
That's the part people don't get. Just because a big kid dominates small kids in HS doesn't mean he can be effective at this level if he's got the mindset of a bytch. I don't know what Ike Jr's mindset is, but him being so in love with KKKainesville and then quitting 3 months later doesn't show that he's all that mentally focused.

You need to be an animal to succeed in the trenches at this level of football. This ain't HS where you're 300 pounds facing some 190 pound kid with limited strength and ability that you can just swallow up.

It ain’t about star ranking, issiah walker Is a STUD, people just got revisionist history apparently, we ALL wanted walker before he committed to the gators and marveled at how talented this kid was/is. Considering the fact he hasn’t played a down yet in college you take him.

We all did. And he , or maybe his Pop, decided that the Gator$ had more to offer.... He had a shot. IDC what happens here either - whatever Lashlee and Justice want to do. They have no history with the kid.

Advertisement
It ain’t about star ranking, issiah walker Is a STUD
I'm not saying other wise. He's the best. On the other hand, It's going to be tough to portray a certain image. ***** opened his mouth already. If his Cuban daddy raised him like my Cuban daddy did...
He's going to have to stud his *** somewhere else.

I understand your desperation, but he's not as game ready as a Grad Transfer with multiple starts.

I get it, the only thing fans can see is Stars & high school ratings, but none of that shìt matters once you step foot on a college campus. Mekhi Becton, Josh Jones, Robert Hunt all got drafted within the first 3 rounds & none of them were 4-stars in HS.

This kid couldn't handle the environment he wanted to go to so bad, then quit immediately. Offensive Linemen need to be mentally tough more than anything, trust me you don't want no soft kids on your OL, doesn't matter if they're 5-stars or not, if they fold under adversity they're as good as finished.

Idc what happens, if the staff takes him fine, but if they don't I 100% understand & agree with it. But if he's quitting because he's not guaranteed to start that's a huge red flag whether yall wanna acknowledge it or not.

"This kid couldn't handle the environment he wanted to go to so bad, then quit immediately."

"But if he's quitting because he's not guaranteed to start"

LCE I agree. If these are the reason he is leaving GAYtors then thats a huge red flag.
They need to know exactly why this kid is transferring.

Advertisement
I am not picking a side, but I would say that "in addition to" the stars and high school ratings, we also have to think about IC slots.

Do you give your last IC slot to a 1-year BUT GAME-READY rental...

Or do you give your last IC slot to a kid you WOULD HAVE TAKEN 4 months ago, and can play 4 years for your team?
I'll take the 1 year rental if I know he'll do his job & help us win.

The thing about Walker being in the program for 4 years is not guaranteed. Nobody knows how long that kid would be here, who's to say he wouldn't transfer again if he came here & wasn't guaranteed to start or simply didn't feel like things were going his way?

And does anybody know how good he'll be? Just because he was ranked high in HS doesn't mean he'll be good in college. Both Donaldson & Herbert were a 4-stars too, how did work out with them?

All I'm saying is, everybody ****ing their pants over this kid aren't looking at the bigger picture, they just want him because he's from Miami & was high ranked, that's really it. If he were from anywhere else nobody would care.

At the end of day, Lashlee & Justice will make the best decision, if they take him then great, if not, that's great too. I'm not about to break out in hot flashes over this kid like everybody else though lol.

For those of you suggesting the kid quit, how is it any different from D'Eriq King bailing on his team 4 games into the season to preserve his eligibility . . . to play elsewhere?

It's a new era. These kids view the transfer availability as free agency of sorts. Kids are going to take advantage of it for various reasons. It's not necessarily because they quit, or they're primadonnas or lack heart or guts or whatever other label you want to throw at it.

Advertisement
Back