Issiah Walker in transfer portal

The coaches who recruited King left. The system that King put up numbers in was no longer there. And he was left with Dana Holgerson running the show and he quickly realized that wasn't it. Walker was recruited by Mullen and the OL coach. He committed to them in September. Early enrolled in January and is bailing after two months. Not clear how this is different?

"Heart" and "guts" and "toughness" and "mental fortitude" only get thrown around when a kid sucks. However, when a kid is good, we all can spin and explain away why that situation is different. It doesn't matter. Is the kid good or not? Can he help us win? If so, let's take a flyer.

Advertisement
"Heart" and "guts" and "toughness" and "mental fortitude" only get thrown around when a kid sucks. However, when a kid is good, we all can spin and explain away why that situation is different. It doesn't matter. Is the kid good or not? Can he help us win? If so, let's take a flyer.
If you think that if the kid is "good or not" is the only criteria that we should have for determining whether not to take transfers then this convo is pretty pointless, and this is coming from someone who wants them to take the kid. No successful team, program, franchise in sports has its criteria for evaluating talent as "good or not".

If you think that if the kid is "good or not" is the only criteria that we should have for determining whether not to take transfers then this convo is pretty pointless, and this is coming from someone who wants them to take the kid. No successful team, program, franchise in sports has its criteria for evaluating talent as "good or not".

No, I agree that character plays a role. Of course it does. But if you want to win in CFB, you need to take risks on kids when the talent is warranted. They're college kids, not saints. Once you amass talent, then it's up to the staff and school to do its job and ensure the kids do their part academically, off the field, etc. But talent rules.

I bet you the Houston fans feel differently.

You're spinning a nice portrait of King because he's a proven commodity. If Walker were a freshman AA, we'd all be jumping on board.

At the end of the day, you have to amass talent. I really don't know if the kid is talented or not (I haven't watched a second of his film!), but if he is, go get him. F* it. I don't think we're in the position of declining talent.
Not spinning at all, that's exactly what happened, there are no parallels between Walker transferring & King's transfer.

And we didn't decline the talent, the talent declined us. Only now everybody is breaking out in convulsions for that very same talent who decided he wanted nothing to do with us just 4 months ago...

Like I said earlier, we some desperate hoes smh lol.

Advertisement
Not spinning at all, that's exactly what happened, there are no parallels between Walker transferring & King's transfer.

And we didn't decline the talent, the talent declined us. Only now everybody is breaking out in convulsions for that very same talent who decided he wanted nothing to do with us just 4 months ago...

We have never won the ACC, brother.

Its 2am, last call just been announced, if you got standards at this point, more power to you.

Naw, man. I can come up with a whole laundry list of excuses for both kids . . . and also find ways to crucify each. At the end of the day, that's spin. That's why for me, it primarily boils down to talent. This new transfer system is going to have more and more kids transferring at the drop of a hat. Talk about the new normal.

We have never won the ACC, brother.

Its 2am, last call just been announced, if you got standards at this point, more power to you.
Walker is not the difference between us winning the ACC or not.

He's just a high rated OL that everybody is drooling over because he's from Miami, if he were from anywhere else this would be a 3 page thread lol.

It's yalls world, I'm not trying to get in the way of celebration, I'm just giving my opinion. Yall want him, I personally don't give AF if he comes here or not. I'm riding with Coach Justice decision, if he wants him I hope he works out better than Herbert did, if not I'll still be good.

But the begging on my knees shìt for these kids ain't me bruh, sorry, just not with it.

He's just a high rated OL that everybody is drooling over because he's from Miami, if he were from anywhere else this would be a 3 page thread lol.

For sure. I think it's because we've been struggling with the 4 and 5 star guys down here for quite some time and those are the ones that we should hypothetically have a better shot getting since they're in our backyard.

Advertisement
To me it’s not a matter of wanting Walker or not. It’s that we have 1 spot left for 2020 and there’s a veteran tackle on the market who has played two seasons with our current quarterback and I’d much rather him get that final counter than someone who in all likelihood won’t be contributing in 2020. If we can’t get a grad transfer, plug and play tackle, go ahead and bring in Walker and let him compete for a position in 2021.

It's yalls world, I'm not trying to get in the way of celebration, I'm just giving my opinion. Yall want him, I personally don't give AF if he comes here or not. I'm riding with Coach Justice decision, if he wants him I hope he works out better than Herbert did, if not I'll still be good.

But the begging on my knees shìt for these kids ain't me bruh, sorry, just not with it.

No one is begging except Walker.

Door should be open and we are not in a position to be grandstanding or taking a high road, especially when on its face he just looks like he wants to come home.

If there is some reason that emerges where he committed a crime or is less than desirable as a man and thats why hes leaving UF, different story, but being too proud because he signed with another program? Are we that hurt and in our feelings?

Feels like a Thomas return situation. It’s one dude, and we need him (if) he can be a positive influence to his teammates. If he can’t you’re just perpetuating the cause of losing after every bye week

Pretty sure we do more begging on the recruiting trail than the transfer market. We aren't making cookie cakes for transfers and inviting uncles to macaroni dinners at the rusty pelican.

Advertisement
To me it’s not a matter of wanting Walker or not. It’s that we have 1 spot left for 2020 and there’s a veteran tackle on the market who has played two seasons with our current quarterback and I’d much rather him get that final counter than someone who in all likelihood won’t be contributing in 2020. If we can’t get a grad transfer, plug and play tackle, go ahead and bring in Walker and let him compete for a position in 2021.

I thought 2 spots since it doesn't look like Moise will be in the class.

For those of you suggesting the kid quit, how is it any different from D'Eriq King bailing on his team 4 games into the season to preserve his eligibility . . . to play elsewhere?

It's a new era. These kids view the transfer availability as free agency of sorts. Kids are going to take advantage of it for various reasons. It's not necessarily because they quit, or they're primadonnas or lack heart or guts or whatever other label you want to throw at it.

I'll take it one further...

The kid didn't want to come play for our OC and OL coach. The same coaches Diaz then fired. Basically, the HC and recruit agreed. How can Diaz get all high and mighty about a kid not wanting to play for two horrible coaches that he himself fired and not take him?

Advertisement
Look, we've all heard about the culture of the team last year. Plenty of rumors that Manny was lax. Not a disciplinarian. Team wasn't tough, etc. You can argue Manny made mistakes bringing JT4 and Reed back. That all may be true. But ultimately, what contributed to losing was a coaching and talent deficit. That was 90%+ of the reasons for what transpired last year. When talent is equal, than maybe some of those intangibles matter. But we're just not good enough talent-wise. Period. Let's bring in talent so winning is easier and watch how folks fall in line fast. We're not the only school that deals with "low character" or "questionable character" kids on the squad.

I’m done with this culture sh*t, if anything YOU helped manifest it but I know staff wasn’t complaining about culture when they were winning the first 2 years but after the last 2 seasons when they lose its such a problem. Fvck that, bring walker in, he’s an immense talent

For real, for real.

Assuming there are no major issues coming out of Walker’s desire to leave UF, hey he choice of who the spot comes down to which player helps us best this year against who will help us more in the future.
If Williams is viewed as an instant plug & play OT who can help us right now win games, then we need to go with him. We win this year, we keep our current OL commits and maybe add another 1 or 2 high ranking OL on our board. Future is bright. If we don’t view Williams as that type of player or he simply isn’t much of an upgrade from what we have, you roll with Walker. I believe enough in the offense that the OL issues will be mitigated so Walker will be a key piece in 21

No one is begging except Walker.

Door should be open and we are not in a position to be grandstanding or taking a high road, especially when on its face he just looks like he wants to come home.

If there is some reason that emerges where he committed a crime or is less than desirable as a man and thats why hes leaving UF, different story, but being too proud because he signed with another program? Are we that hurt and in our feelings?
Nah quite a few of yall are definitely begging lol.

"He just wants come home"... Aww poor kid, It's almost as if he could've done that from beginning, I wonder why he didn't? What happened from January to March? UF was the better decision, but now all of the sudden he just wants to come home, why is that?

It ain't got shìt to do with being hurt or in feelings, it's about recognizing that we're not a Hotel & we deserve more respect than we get especially from kids who live in our backyard...

But this is Miami, we have no standards or self respect, you can come here no matter what, just put the puppy dog eyes on & ask nicely and you'll have an entire fan base throwing rose petals at your feet because they some desperate hoes lol.

Advertisement
Back