Issiah Walker in transfer portal

What gives you the incorrect impression that this is even possible?

Hey, maybe the IC rules will be changed post-Coronavirus. But at this point, no, we can't take extra guys and "count them towards 2021.

IC rules count as of the beginning of the fall semester. "Waiting" to sign a kid doesn't give you extra ICs, or "future" ICs.
My bad. I had my dates off. Winter term January 2021.

Unless there are better prospects that we can get that is.

Advertisement
I understand your desperation, but he's not as game ready as a Grad Transfer with multiple starts.

I get it, the only thing fans can see is Stars & high school ratings, but none of that shìt matters once you step foot on a college campus. Mekhi Becton, Josh Jones, Robert Hunt all got drafted within the first 3 rounds & none of them were 4-stars in HS.

This kid couldn't handle the environment he wanted to go to so bad, then quit immediately. Offensive Linemen need to be mentally tough more than anything, trust me you don't want no soft kids on your OL, doesn't matter if they're 5-stars or not, if they fold under adversity they're as good as finished.

Idc what happens, if the staff takes him fine, but if they don't I 100% understand & agree with it. But if he's quitting because he's not guaranteed to start that's a huge red flag whether yall wanna acknowledge it or not.

One thing about you, you gone tell it like it is. UM fans still tearing Jarren williams social media up and this is 10 times worse! Smh

I rather take the young kid than the one year rental especially at OL. We need to build continuity at the position. I can't speak to the kids mental and it's def not a great sign for him to be leaving already. Manny can talk all that either join us or get beat by us mess but this program isn't at that point. Whether we take this kid or not, will not change how kids look at Miami right now. We will continue to be the side b**tch as someone put it as long as we are going 6-7 and losing to FIU.
Only way we going to change the way kids look at us is if we win like we are supposed to. Trying to make a point in situation like this won’t do anything but make you look even more stubborn... ANY recruit the last 2 years should have had hesitation of signing with Miami after the last 2 seasons , staff/fans can’t act like we put any suitable product on the field for them to get really excited about when you think about it

Have the Kid Come in Aug 1st... Problem solved with Williams and Walker where you can take both.

Can't for the life of me see kids wanting to play for Hevesy Anyway...?

JC

I rather take the young kid than the one year rental especially at OL. We need to build continuity at the position. I can't speak to the kids mental and it's def not a great sign for him to be leaving already. Manny can talk all that either join us or get beat by us mess but this program isn't at that point. Whether we take this kid or not, will not change how kids look at Miami right now. We will continue to be the side b**tch as someone put it as long as we are going 6-7 and losing to FIU.

Im dying at the people saying we need the other kid to “win now.” If we don’t win the Coastal with King and Lashlee it won’t be bc we took Walker over the grad transfer.

Advertisement
I understand your desperation, but he's not as game ready as a Grad Transfer with multiple starts.

I get it, the only thing fans can see is Stars & high school ratings, but none of that shìt matters once you step foot on a college campus. Mekhi Becton, Josh Jones, Robert Hunt all got drafted within the first 3 rounds & none of them were 4-stars in HS.

This kid couldn't handle the environment he wanted to go to so bad, then quit immediately. Offensive Linemen need to be mentally tough more than anything, trust me you don't want no soft kids on your OL, doesn't matter if they're 5-stars or not, if they fold under adversity they're as good as finished.

Idc what happens, if the staff takes him fine, but if they don't I 100% understand & agree with it. But if he's quitting because he's not guaranteed to start that's a huge red flag whether yall wanna acknowledge it or not.
It doesn’t seem that the issue was him not being guaranteed to start. There looks like uf might be having some problems with a few guys on the staff but idk

That’s exactly my point. The kid worked his *** off and stepped up like a man. And as a freshman not one complaint or whining during an interview.
Not being good enough is one thing but a dude like that stays on the team.
Imo he did better than I thought he would.

Zion shouldn’t have gotten ANY playing time until at least his 3rd year.

We all knew he was a long term project with athletic upside.

Cutting bait on him because he struggled being forced to start wayyyy too early in a terrible offense is just silly too me.

Imagine Zion building on the flashes of good he showed and playing as a redshirt junior who has acclimated to the massive amount of weight he gained.

I find it hard not to believe he will not be at least a solid backup in three years.

Last edited:
Mullen has a hard time keeping kids there already. Didn’t Chris steele leave there after a few months and go home? Bru McCoy left from Texas a place he wanted to go to so bad only to return to usc months later, sometimes it just happens like that
Steele and McCoy both flipped multiple times public/privately during their commitments. Multiple commitments are a red flag, statistically proven. It's not that it just sometimes happens like that. The careers of both of those guys are inconclusive right now as well, so that doesn't exactly bolster your case. It's a red flag that he's leaving after two months on campus. Hopefully the staff vets him, thinks he's a fit and they bring him in.

Advertisement
LOL. Look at us trying to b choosy. EVERY **** IN AMERICA IS A **** TAKE FOR THIS PROGRAM. WTF??!

Never mind; last thing I need to read in 3 yrs is an article stating "Sources w/in the program are happy that Walker is gone. Quote: 'Yeah, he's one of the main reasons why we went 5-7 this season. Complete Cancer.'"

EXACTLY!

Locals look at us as a last resort side option, they know when all else fails they can come back "home" even after they ****ted on us & picked our hated rival.

They'll talk shìt about us, clown us & disrespect us at every turn, but once they realize the grass ain't greener on the other side they'll come crawling back because they know Miami are some desperate hoes that you can treat any kind of way but we'll accept anything so it's okay lol.

That's how Local recruits see us. They don't wanna come here until after they experience that good ol' SEC country confederacy & there are no other options left on the table lol.

Only mentioned the chef comment to illustrate how dedicated he is to his craft and how he knows it would help him ultimately. You don’t see that from most recruits.

regardless Mullen has a hard time keeping kids there already. Didn’t Chris steele leave there after a few months and go home? Bru McCoy left from Texas a place he wanted to go to so bad only to return to usc months later, sometimes it just happens like that

how does he cook his steak?

Advertisement
Locals look at us as a last resort side option, they know when all else fails they can come back "home" even after they ****ted on us & picked our hated rival.

They'll talk shìt about us, clown us & disrespect us at every turn, but once they realize the grass ain't greener on the other side they'll come crawling back because they know Miami are some desperate hoes that you can treat any kind of way but we'll accept anything so it's okay lol.

That's how Local recruits see us. They don't wanna come here until after they experience that good ol' SEC country confederacy & there are no other options left on the table lol.

Miami is some desperate hoes. Perfectly describes the program!! Miami isn't in much of position at the moment to be the chick in the club looking down on homie wearing the Girbaud jeans still

Advertisement
Given the choice between Williams and Walker, I'm taking Williams. I understand it's a one year rental but we NEED an experienced tackle a lot more than another freshman who won't contribute this season. We've got a one year window for Manny, Lashlee and D'Eriq King to show Miami isn't garbage and we can't just keep building for the future hoping this time the 4 star lineman pans out. In a perfect world, you take both but we've only got so many initial counter spots available.

There's really no corner cutting in building a successful CFB program, it'll bite you eventually. I'm not even saying they shouldn't take the kid, from a pure talent perspective, I definitely want him on the roster. Miami just doesn't have to give up the drawls on the first night though. Check the carfax, make him sweat, he's already looking at you as the chick he can have whenever he wants.

If it's between Ike Jr & Jarrid Williams, you take the experienced veteran OT with several starts & continuity with D'Eriq King over a TF who already bailed on his team just a couple months up in Gaynesville.

These South FLA kids wanna drink the Gaytorade so **** bad, let'em. He could've just signed with Miami to begin with in the first place, but nooooo "uF iS sO mUcH bEtTeR tHaN mIaMi!" Let them learn the hard way.

Whatever Coach Lash & Justice decide I'll agree with it, whether they take him or not. Fans are always desperate for talent but if he's not mentally tough enough & comes with a whole bunch drama, no need to waste a scholly on a kid who'll be a bust here anyways.
i agree with this. if its either or you go with who can help now and continue as you were. it doesnt send a good message if kids start thinking they can go else where and if it doesn't work Miami is a fall back option.

Advertisement
Back