Issiah Walker in transfer portal

I’m done with this culture sh*t, if anything YOU helped manifest it but I know staff wasn’t complaining about culture when they were winning the first 2 years but after the last 2 seasons when they lose its such a problem. Fvck that, bring walker in, he’s an immense talent

Advertisement
Do you think he fits the Character criteria the staff is aiming for with trying to build a new culture?

doubtful.

you either recruit/draft character and keep your culture that way, (e.g., the Don Shula's, Chris Peterson's of the world) ….
or you better be **** good at keeping the knuckleheads in line (e.g., Jimmy Johnson, Urban Meyer)

If it's between Ike Jr & Jarrid Williams, you take the experienced veteran OT with several starts & continuity with D'Eriq King over a TF who already bailed on his team just a couple months up in Gaynesville.

These South FLA kids wanna drink the Gaytorade so **** bad, let'em. He could've just signed with Miami to begin with in the first place, but nooooo "uF iS sO mUcH bEtTeR tHaN mIaMi!" Let them learn the hard way.

Whatever Coach Lash & Justice decide I'll agree with it, whether they take him or not. Fans are always desperate for talent but if he's not mentally tough enough & comes with a whole bunch drama, no need to waste a scholly on a kid who'll be a bust here anyways.
Rather have the premium young talent who will help us BEYOND this year for multiple seasons. Issiah walker is one of the most game ready lineman we have recruited in a long time. This should be a no brainer, no need to overthink this

Last edited:
i recall Manny and his bravado saying something like "you can either come to the U or you can get your *** beat up by the U."

I would pass on this guy. It is similar to the Jeff Thomas fiasco. Once you are gone, you are gone with very few exceptional exceptions, and this ain't one of them.

Advertisement
I’m done with this culture sh*t, if anything YOU helped manifest it but I know staff wasn’t complaining about culture when they were winning the first 2 years but after the last 2 seasons when they lose its such a problem. Fvck that, bring walker in, he’s an immense talent
You were going off the whole year about Garvin playing at half speed, yet you don't care about culture. Talent ain't everything, clearly. I'm in favor of bringing Walker in too but you sound foolish. If anything, the staff would say the established a culture on defense with guys like Colbert, Jaquan, etc. They definitely were complaining about culture when they first got here.

Does the bagman get a receipt?
Yeah, it works like those cost reimbursement grants. He has $87,000 in credits. But, if the Applebees is outside of Alachua County, he gets denied the reimbursement. Keeps the money in the local economy. Players rarely read the fine print. Occasionally, some are very unhappy with local options.

You were going off the whole year about Garvin playing at half speed, yet you don't care about culture. Talent ain't everything, clearly. I'm in favor of bringing Walker in too but you sound foolish. If anything, the staff would say the established a culture on defense with guys like Colbert, Jaquan, etc. They definitely were complaining about culture when they first got here.
Walker isn’t a culture problem kid, he works out hard, eats right(cooks his own healthy meals ) and transformed his body before his senior season/entering college. Bringing in a talented kid like that at tackle isn’t a problem at all

Advertisement
i recall Manny and his bravado saying something like "you can either come to the U or you can get your *** beat up by the U."

I would pass on this guy. It is similar to the Jeff Thomas fiasco. Once you are gone, you are gone with very few exceptional exceptions, and this ain't one of them.
Every recruit isn’t the same, no need to equate everyone like it is. Greg olsen passed up on the u too and all he did was transfer to Miami shortly after and became our best tight end in the league ever and one of our best pro canes representing Miami.

Advertisement
Rather have the premium young talent who will help us BEYOND this year for my little seasons. Issiah walker is one of the most game ready lineman we have recruited in a long time. This should be a no brained, no need to overthink this
I understand your desperation, but he's not as game ready as a Grad Transfer with multiple starts.

I get it, the only thing fans can see is Stars & high school ratings, but none of that shìt matters once you step foot on a college campus. Mekhi Becton, Josh Jones, Robert Hunt all got drafted within the first 3 rounds & none of them were 4-stars in HS.

This kid couldn't handle the environment he wanted to go to so bad, then quit immediately. Offensive Linemen need to be mentally tough more than anything, trust me you don't want no soft kids on your OL, doesn't matter if they're 5-stars or not, if they fold under adversity they're as good as finished.

Idc what happens, if the staff takes him fine, but if they don't I 100% understand & agree with it. But if he's quitting because he's not guaranteed to start that's a huge red flag whether yall wanna acknowledge it or not.

Advertisement
Walker isn’t a culture problem kid, he works out hard, eats right(cooks his own healthy meals ) and transformed his body before his senior season/entering college. Bringing in a talented kid like that at tackle isn’t a problem at all
You telling me about his chef skills while ignoring that he quit on his team after 2 months of being on campus. That doesn't give you any pause for concern at all? They should definitely do some vetting first.

You telling me about his chef skills while ignoring that he quit on his team after 2 months of being on campus. That doesn't give you any pause for concern at all? They should definitely do some vetting first.
Only mentioned the chef comment to illustrate how dedicated he is to his craft and how he knows it would help him ultimately. You don’t see that from most recruits.

regardless Mullen has a hard time keeping kids there already. Didn’t Chris steele leave there after a few months and go home? Bru McCoy left from Texas a place he wanted to go to so bad only to return to usc months later, sometimes it just happens like that

Last edited:

Transferring in the off-season isn’t quitting on your team. He never suited up for UF. He was sold a bag of BS and decided he didn’t want any part of it.

Not all situations are the same. King decided to take a redshirt after 4 games so he could transfer. Is he a quitter too?

I rather take the young kid than the one year rental especially at OL. We need to build continuity at the position. I can't speak to the kids mental and it's def not a great sign for him to be leaving already. Manny can talk all that either join us or get beat by us mess but this program isn't at that point. Whether we take this kid or not, will not change how kids look at Miami right now. We will continue to be the side b**tch as someone put it as long as we are going 6-7 and losing to FIU.

Advertisement
Back