Isaiah Johnson Welcome To The U

Advertisement
He reminds me of a bigger anquan bolden, hes a strong kid with some quickness coach beard is gonna get him right i see him playing day 1

Advertisement
http://miami.scout.com/story/1518013-six-foot-4-wr-will-stay-in-south-florida?s=13

SIX-FOOT-4 WR WILL STAY IN SOUTH FLORIDA
Corey BenderCorey Bender
Florida Recruiting Analyst
This story was originally published on ScoutFootball.com.
Six-foot-4 wide receiver Isaiah Johnson is no longer committed to Louisville and is staying in the Sunshine State to suit up for Al Golden and the Miami Hurricanes.

Joining high school teammate and highly-touted sophomore signal caller, Todd Centeio, 6-foot-4 Palm Beach Gardens (Fla.) Dwyer wide receiver Isaiah Johnson followed his heart and committed to Al Golden and the Miami Hurricanes on Monday afternoon, flipping his pledge from Louisville.
Johnson, who snagged 39 catches for 791 yards and eight touchdowns for Jack Daniels and the 7-4 Panthers in 2014, is a lifelong fan of Miami who's brimming with joy to extend his stay in balmy South Florida.
"It's a nice school with great education," Johnson said. "It's my favorite school from when I was a kid and I always dreamed about playing for Miami. It's down the street because I'm from West Palm.
"I'm a home boy and it's a dream come true for me. Al Golden was just happy and we were talking for about 45 minutes and had a long conversation."
Johnson, who has fielded additional offers from the likes of Illinois, North Carolina State, South Florida, Temple and Utah State, is excited to build chemistry with Centeio leading up to their collegiate careers in nearby Coral Gables.
"It played a pretty big role (having Todd committed there)," Johnson said. "Playing together in high school, it carries over to the college level with us playing together right now. We can be together all of those years."
Scout's Take:
Measuring in at 6-foot-4, 210-pounds, Johnson is a fluid athlete with top-notch size for the position, as well as impressive deep speed. Johnson, who reeled in an offer from the Hurricanes just a few days ago, has a long frame that can pack on an additional 15-20 pounds without losing much athleticism moving forward.
The wide receiver is a load to bring down and runs crisp routes for such a big athlete. Johnson does a good job of planting his foot in the grass and extending plays by making defenders miss. Johnson is a matchup problem for defensive backs and has a lot of upside on the perimeter heading into his senior year.
Al Golden and his staff have placed a strong emphasis on attacking their backyard on the recruiting trail and have done an outstanding job doing so early on, with all 16 of their 2016 commitments hailing from the state of Florida.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Someone mentioned Irvin Jr. saying he better commit as spots are filling up. I don't know that any of that matters, I can't imagine them not having a spot for him.

Having said that, there's nothing more telling than him not being a verbal commit at this time what him and dad think about the state of things. Time will tell, perhaps he wants to take trips, but he could still do that as a verbal.

Regarding roster spots, what's the max that we can sign in 2016 with regards to the scholarship reductions?

Advertisement
This kid is so smooth. I see that Brandon Marshall comparison. Kid with a college s@c will be a 215-220 pd beast. Love the pick up, hope he sticks

Advertisement
Back