Isaiah Horton, 2022 WR from Tennessee offered

Advertisement
Hankerson was only top level Hankerson for one season, lol
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Advertisement
I did a breakdown of Ibieta and Quan Lee tape and people seemed to like it, so I will do the same for Horton.

Number one thing that pops out is obviously size and ball skills. Those are very good. In terms of overall tape it’s good, but not eye popping. He is definitely a guy we should be excited about and can have a very high ceiling. Route running needs a bit of work, but it looks like a product of a very simple route tree he ran in high school. Ball carrying and athleticism looks good for his size but will also need to develop some. The competition on tape was not great so it’s tough to really get a good tell on his ability to run after a catch.
To me he is a kid that will need maybe a year or two to really learn the position and contribute in a big way. I think likens can really develop him.
If you were to ask me who would play first based on pure ability at the position, I would say Ibieta over Horton. But in terms of future production and life after college, I think Horton may have some more upside.

Hope we get this commit today!

I did a breakdown of Ibieta and Quan Lee tape and people seemed to like it, so I will do the same for Horton.

Number one thing that pops out is obviously size and ball skills. Those are very good. In terms of overall tape it’s good, but not eye popping. He is definitely a guy we should be excited about and can have a very high ceiling. Route running needs a bit of work, but it looks like a product of a very simple route tree he ran in high school. Ball carrying and athleticism looks good for his size but will also need to develop some. The competition on tape was not great so it’s tough to really get a good tell on his ability to run after a catch.
To me he is a kid that will need maybe a year or two to really learn the position and contribute in a big way. I think likens can really develop him.
If you were to ask me who would play first based on pure ability at the position, I would say Ibieta over Horton. But in terms of future production and life after college, I think Horton may have some more upside.

Hope we get this commit today!
I'd take anyone likens likes. that guy knows wr's

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ibieta is not ranked low because of his film. He does not play for a program known for being a football powerhouse.
Thats not it he's a shorter receiver who projects in the slot at the next level and doesnt have the longest arms. Those guys usually end up 3 stars and many outplay that ranking.

I definitely haven't watched his HS tape but he wasn't making YAC plays in college or the pros.

Bottom line is Horton is good and Harry isn't/never really was.
If you say Harry was never good you dont know what you are talking about at all. Kid was a beast in high school and college and ended up a very high pick. He just didnt pan out in the nfl.

Berrios was another everyone wanted to kick to the curb.
I agree, and countless other players as well. Our fans tend to write everyone off if they didn’t light the world on fire as a true freshman like Duke Johnson did. When the fact is, players like Duke are more the exception rather than the rule.

And yes I’m aware freshman players ball out all of the country every year, that still doesn’t mean that should be the expectation for every guy fresh out of high school competing against grown men who have been in a college program for 3-4 years.

Advertisement
Back