Isaiah Horton, 2022 WR from Tennessee offered

Pretty sure you havent watched Harry play in the NFL.
Even in HS and college he was never a guy that got crazy separation, just was able to out athlete most people in HS and college and make contested catches. As a Patriots fan that watched all of his film (HS and College) when we drafted him, Horton looks like a better prospect than Harry did at this same stage IMO. Harry was rated higher but most of that was due to his athleticism and projection. Will Horton become a 1st round pick? Most likely not, but we don't need him to be that to be a successful college WR.

Advertisement
Even in HS and college he was never a guy that got crazy separation, just was able to out athlete most people in HS and college and make contested catches. As a Patriots fan that watched all of his film (HS and College) when we drafted him, Horton looks like a better prospect than Harry did at this same stage IMO. Harry was rated higher but most of that was due to his athleticism and projection. Will Horton become a 1st round pick? Most likely not, but we don't need him to be that to be a successful college WR.
Exactly.

I will never forget the day we selected Harry. The scouts stood on the table and wanted AJ Brown really bad. Caserio picks Harry instead. Stupidest move ever.

You ultimately never know with recruits, but this kid looks like a solid receiver. His build reminds me of a bit taller Reggie Wayne. He also looks like a good route runner. Just give me someone who can reliably catch and I'll be happy.

What are your guys thoughts on this kid?

Having watched his hudl I see a good all-around receiver that doesn't wow me in any one particular area. Good speed, can highpoint the ball and get contested catches, pretty decent running with the ball, tall at 6'3".

As I said, nothing wows me about him, although I'd be happy if he could show similar production in college as in high school. I also see he's a 4 star and rated much higher than Ibieta, but based on film alone I like Ibieta more.
Size and ability to catch the football are what we need. Not every WR has to be a burner

Advertisement
No need to check phone. With Horton, you'll Hear a Hoo.
rimshot.gif
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

I definitely haven't watched his HS tape but he wasn't making YAC plays in college or the pros.

Bottom line is Horton is good and Harry isn't/never really was.
I guess just agree to disagree. He was a top 50 player overall out of HS. He was good in HS and had back to back 1,000 yard seasons in college, that classifies as "good" in my book. NFL agree he has been a bust, I typically do not like comps from HS to NFL guys, I was going off HS tape to HS tape.

Pretty sure you havent watched Harry play in the NFL.
I’m not talking about NFL. There’s folk that keep saying not from the NFL and y’all keep saying the same thing. Harry made plays at ASU. He’s a big body WR that didn’t win in college with separation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Need a guy that can win 50/50 balls. Lashlee’s offense requires it. If he can do that regularly and go 3 for 45, he’s a good take for our system
I agree with you there. If he can replicate his high school production at the college level I'd be very happy. A senior-year Rashawn Scott type of player who isn't a superstar, but is a very solid player is a key part of the ****nal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back