Isaiah Horton, 2022 WR from Tennessee offered

Advertisement
What are your guys thoughts on this kid?

Having watched his hudl I see a good all-around receiver that doesn't wow me in any one particular area. Good speed, can highpoint the ball and get contested catches, pretty decent running with the ball, tall at 6'3".

As I said, nothing wows me about him, although I'd be happy if he could show similar production in college as in high school. I also see he's a 4 star and rated much higher than Ibieta, but based on film alone I like Ibieta more.

Having watched his hudl I see a good all-around receiver that doesn't wow me in any one particular area. Good speed, can highpoint the ball and get contested catches, pretty decent running with the ball, tall at 6'3".

As I said, nothing wows me about him, although I'd be happy if he could show similar production in college as in high school. I also see he's a 4 star and rated much higher than Ibieta, but based on film alone I like Ibieta more.
Ibieta is not ranked low because of his film. He does not play for a program known for being a football powerhouse.

Which of the two plays the better competition? I know Louisiana plays pretty good football but I'm not knowledgeable about how big football in Tennessee is at the high school level.

No expert, but he plays on a loaded high school team and the State turns out good players early. I like Horton and he adds that size at receiver we need. But he doesn’t look 6-3 on film

Advertisement

Agree with this assessment. Horton actually reminds a bit of a more athletic, less stiff, version of Hightower. Would be a great addition to our WR room for the simple fact that we are desperately lacking size at the position.

Agree with this assessment. Horton actually reminds a bit of a more athletic, less stiff, version of Hightower. Would be a great addition to our WR room for the simple fact that we are desperately lacking size at the position.
Not a bad comp, I know he is a little on the thinner side and not as highly coveted but somewhat reminds me of N'Keal Harry who Likens coached at ASU and I imagine him being used in a similar role to how Harry was. Did not have great separation or speed but good hands and body control.

Advertisement
Son of a *****. I thought he was committing today and kept checking my phone....
No need to check phone. With Horton, you'll Hear a Hoo.
rimshot.gif

Honestly, i agree. I'm fine if we get him, fine if we dont. We'll have 8-10 kids coming back at WR next year, plus a potential switch to WR by Curtis. Add in just Ibieta and i'm honestly fine with this unit going into 2022. We also have the portal to make up for any unexpected attrition by a kid like Payton or if both Pope and Wiggins leave.

Advertisement

Yup

WR seems weak this season. Next year are the dogs

You talking NFL? Watch his HS highlights, full of him making plays after the catch similar to Horton.
I definitely haven't watched his HS tape but he wasn't making YAC plays in college or the pros.

Bottom line is Horton is good and Harry isn't/never really was.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back