Isaiah Dunson at Opening Atlanta

Keenan Allen ran a 4.71 at his pro day. Dunson moves like him at the same size.

Speed is incredibly overrated. Chiefs and 49ers have a bunch of 4.5 corners. If only they had DVD and Jhavonte Dean they'd be in the Super Bowl...oh wait.

Allen wasn't even 100% at his pro day. misleading info on your part plus if you think speed is overrated then your beyond help

Advertisement
I agree. Overall athleticism is paramount but speed is 1 overrated component. It just irks me that casual fans like the porsters on this site think straight-line 40 speed is the be all end all. Even worse they obsess over individual tests without context. Imagine we recruited Myles Garrett - some of these idiots would have you believe he's overrated cause he ran a ~5 second 40. Was he wearing bad shoes, using bad technique, was he injured? These clowns don't care they just put all their attention to 1 set of easily digestable numbers because that's all their feeble minds can comprehend.

In the case of Dunson he's not fast but he's definitely twitchy, so to me he's not "slow" regardless of what 1 40 time from years ago would have you believe.

By far this is the absolute worse fanbase in sports. Some of the bull**** I read on this board makes me realize between video games and the internet common sports sense was lost. 9/10 on this board think if your not running 4.3 or 4.4 in high school you suck. Common sense is never used in this board its become difficult to want to even come and read some of the b.s that's posted on here.

He was running a 4.9 the summer going into his junior year. When he gets on campus it’s 2 years later than that video. The 4.22 shuttle and the vertical, etc don’t translate to a 4.9 40.

Not saying he’s a burner now but I would say 4.7 at worst possibly in the 4.60-4.65 range.

He had sloppy running form in that 40 as well so he’s probably cleaned that up if he ran a 4.22 shuttle at 6’2
He will be a 4.55-4.60 boundary CB at 6-2. With his ball skills, that is **** good. He’s a good prospect and should be a very good college player here.

Advertisement
He's got legit ball skills and he's a big corner prospect.

I think the + attributes end there. He's got a long way to go. I watch his senior tape and think he might be a better WR, tbh.

Advertisement
Back