Isaiah Dunson at Opening Atlanta

Dunson looks like the kind of lanky guy who will get bigger and faster. Redwine went from 4.77 to 4.44 while gaining 13 pounds.

Dunson plays like someone who will settle in the 4.6 range. Love his physicality and ball skills.

That would be fine if we were recruiting him at safety but if he's coming in to play cb then we're still not getting back to recruiting miami speed.

Advertisement
Dunson looks like the kind of lanky guy who will get bigger and faster. Redwine went from 4.77 to 4.44 while gaining 13 pounds.

Dunson plays like someone who will settle in the 4.6 range. Love his physicality and ball skills.

Kid can high point like a boss.

Keenan Allen ran a 4.71 at his pro day. Dunson moves like him at the same size.

Speed is incredibly overrated. Chiefs and 49ers have a bunch of 4.5 corners. If only they had DVD and Jhavonte Dean they'd be in the Super Bowl...oh wait.

Advertisement
Dudes still stuck on 40 times 😂😂😂😂

watch the tape and tell me you see him moving at a 4.9.

plus 40s are mostly technique more than anything 🤷🏾‍♂️

had a dude on my HS team 40 would be 4.8 but game time you wasn’t catching that dude on the field so it is what it is.

It's been posted elsewhere, but we aren't signing much else in February and this kid is worth getting excited about.

He's all arms and legs now but should make significant physical gains in college. Measured at 6'2, 175 with 4.22 shuttle and long wingspan. Needs to get faster but I believe he has untapped potential there like Redwine. 22'5 long jump.

Ran a couple 200m's about two years ago in March 2018 and posted a 24.34. No way in **** is he a 4.9 guy. That must be old cam film before Atlanta Opening March 2019.
His 200ms now should be in the mid to upper 22s or a 100m in the lower 11's

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dudes still stuck on 40 times 😂😂😂😂

watch the tape and tell me you see him moving at a 4.9.

plus 40s are mostly technique more than anything 🤷🏾‍♂️

had a dude on my HS team 40 would be 4.8 but game time you wasn’t catching that dude on the field so it is what it is.

Exactly. They don't even realize that he ran that time in 2018. IMO he's a better prospect than Christian Williams, and his shuttle time is faster.

Advertisement
If he runs a 4.9 has a poster just posted, why is he a 4 star?

Believe he’s a fringe 4 star. He’s a tick up from being a 3 star.

If he was 6’0 w a reg wing span, he would’ve been a consensus 3 star, but those extra 2 inches and wing span put him as a fringe 4 star.

He’s got raw tools, and hopefully he can be coached up & developed. He’s a perfect RS candidate, imo.

Keenan Allen ran a 4.71 at his pro day. Dunson moves like him at the same size.

Speed is incredibly overrated. Chiefs and 49ers have a bunch of 4.5 corners. If only they had DVD and Jhavonte Dean they'd be in the Super Bowl...oh wait.

Speed is a preeeeeetty important aspect, bruh. Lol. Miami was built on speed. U heard the terminology, speed kills? That’s because it does.

U (fans, media) can’t keep complaining about being slow and then recruit guys who are not twitchy or fast. That’s how we look like a G5 against FIU, and FIU look like a P5 team. It’s not just enough to have 40 speed, I agree, but you gotta have either 40 speed or football speed, and football speed is knowing how to press against coverage, or understanding angles and deciphering a play before the ball is hiked.

Advertisement
Believe he’s a fringe 4 star. He’s a tick up from being a 3 star.

If he was 6’0 w a reg wing span, he would’ve been a consensus 3 star, but those extra 2 inches and wing span put him as a fringe 4 star.

He’s got raw tools, and hopefully he can be coached up & developed. He’s a perfect RS candidate, imo.

Exactly. Being realistic, he’s not gonna help us this year and is 50/50 at best to ever become a starter.

We’re in a bad spot for both depth and proven talent. We need a transfer corner and we need guys like this to be our #3 or 4 in a class, not our #1 or 2.

Speed is a preeeeeetty important aspect, bruh. Lol. Miami was built on speed. U heard the terminology, speed kills? That’s because it does.

U (fans, media) can’t keep complaining about being slow and then recruit guys who are not twitchy or fast. That’s how we look like a G5 against FIU, and FIU look like a P5 team. It’s not just enough to have 40 speed, I agree, but you gotta have either 40 speed or football speed, and football speed is knowing how to press against coverage, or understanding angles and deciphering a play before the ball is hiked.

I agree on speed being important to an extent. There are certain thresholds that must be met to be effective base for each position. 4.9 is too slow for db, but Dunson doesn't run a 4.9.

I won’t. So deal with it. :cool:

Thats what message boards are about.

Putting your two cents in.

I saw the highlights and wasn’t impressed.

Now go play in traffic
You didn’t watch his tape. Anybody who has can tell you haven’t. You literally can’t be this stupid.

Kid back in February 2018 long jumped 22'5" for first place. The national high school elite mark begins at 22'5". Kid was a 10th grader. He did not participate in track after that.

Look up long jumpers who have made the national elite mark and many run the sprints. The are all in the lower 11s and below.
I will include a site where one can look up and compare long jumps to sprints.

Also look how fluid and fast he is in the Atlanta Camp Opening in 2019 going against invited receivers

Advertisement
Back