Is Urban coming back???

Advertisement
Gainesville is not conservative.
fl_2016.png

I still get your point, though. The problem with LA for Urban is not a conservative vs. liberal one, but whether the area has a cult-like following for their college football team. He needs to be at a school where the community, the press, and even local law enforcement will actively conspire to deceive themselves and sweep wrongdoing under the rug, or even actively cover up crime, as long as it helps them win.

Obviously, Miami and LA are similar in that regard. Clemson, Gainesville, Tuscaloosa, Athens, Columbus on the other hand...
You know I appreciate you and value your opinion, my man. I agree with your entire post, except for the first sentence, regarding Gainesville not being conservative. Even beyond politics, that city is conservative as a ma****er. Because it's a college town, it tends to sway more liberal in terms of voting data. UF was one of my clients for 6 years (I want to vomit, just typing that ****), in which I spent about 2-3 days a week there (again, I need to vomit).

Much like most major college towns that happen to be located in traditional conservative areas (Columbus, Ohio..Tallahassee, Fl.. Gainesville, FL...Athens, GA etc..) the college towns are typically the outlier from the norm.

I hope my response is not coming across as a political agenda, because that is not my intent. I HATE when that happens on this board. I am just pointing out my experience of having to be in that city for a significant amount of time.

I doubt he would go there. For the next three years he will be in Columbus, his son is playing baseball for u of Cincinnati. The Meyer’s seem content in Columbus for now. I could see them moving to Florida but that’s about it. (Shelley loves the state of Florida.)

I doubt he would go there. For the next three years he will be in Columbus, his son is playing baseball for u of Cincinnati. The Meyer’s seem content in Columbus for now. I could see them moving to Florida but that’s about it. (Shelley loves the state of Florida.)
I'm sure she does, since she was Banging the Volleyball coach at UF.....Her and Candy Fisher should Hookup....talk about a Duet...

Advertisement
Urban has taken a job on Fox's new live Game Day competitor where he will get on TV, rehab his image, and worm his way into the minds of ADs, Boosters, and recruist (see Mac Brown, Herm Edwards, Butch Davis) in an effort to raise his price for 2020 season.

At the end of the year he will take either the Auburn or Florida State jobs as his next stop and he will be paid $10M a season.

USC is going to fire Lynn Swann at the end of the year, and their new AD is going to hire James Franklin as their new coach in 2020, much better cultural fit for SoCal and the unique booster culture of USC.

Book it.

Advertisement
What if Saban retires after 2019? Could Urban jump to Alabama? It would be the ultimate test...to try to keep the Crimson Tide factory running on all cylinders

Probably already stated but Notre Dame is his dream was always the rumor. I would wait for Dabo to head to Bama.

From someone close to ***, the only job he would take is the Miami job. Reasoning... he wants a down program woth potential for NC, and he feels he can recruit Florida better than anyone else.

So, if Manny fails, we have that going for us.

Advertisement
Some USC fans said that it's really their AD that is the problem. So basically they're in the same situation we are.

CFB is better when USC is good. They have a few 5 star factories in southern cal just like Miami does in South Florida. I don't think it's a coincidence that Miami and USC happen to be in the two biggest markets in CFB and just so happen to be the quickest schools to be put under investigation by the NCAA.

If you think Blake James is "the problem" you are beyond clueless.

Haven't yall figured out Urby's M/O yet?

He always fakes his own death every time he wants to move on to a new job.

As soon as the rumors came out that ol Urby was stepping down due to "health issues" it was clear as day he was getting out of town because of the Zach Smith debacle & positioning himself for whenever the USC or Notre Dame job opened up.

Both programs will back up the Brinks truck for him, plus he gets to stick it to Oh St after they embarrassed him by suspending him 3 games last year.

Nobody does a better job at faking heart attacks than Urby Liar. As soon as it's time to get out of dodge he immediately goes down on one knee & starts clinching his chest lol.
This ^^^^^. Urban Cryer is the white Red Foxx on Sanford & Son.
Ole fake *** bytch.....

Advertisement
This thread is way behind! Clay Travis of Fox Sports made this prediction months ago, Clay Travis predicted months ago that Meyer would be the next coach at USC. Personally, it wouldn't bother me one bit if Myer died. And why are Miami fans enamored with U. Meyer anyways? F*** him !

Urban has taken a job on Fox's new live Game Day competitor where he will get on TV, rehab his image, and worm his way into the minds of ADs, Boosters, and recruist (see Mac Brown, Herm Edwards, Butch Davis) in an effort to raise his price for 2020 season.

At the end of the year he will take either the Auburn or Florida State jobs as his next stop and he will be paid $10M a season.

USC is going to fire Lynn Swann at the end of the year, and their new AD is going to hire James Franklin as their new coach in 2020, much better cultural fit for SoCal and the unique booster culture of USC.

Book it.
Butch did it as part of his UNC Buyout...He couldn't coach for 4yrs I believe...hence, him taking job with Tampa Bay Bucs as a consultant, and the commentator job....Trust me...he didn't like either....

From someone close to ***, the only job he would take is the Miami job. Reasoning... he wants a down program woth potential for NC, and he feels he can recruit Florida better than anyone else.

So, if Manny fails, we have that going for us.
They are not paying urban 7-8 million a year.

Even though Notre Dame is supposedly his dream job, he had the opportunity to go there and he didn't for some reason.
The reason is because he saw their team had no talent and he felt it would take too long to get it rolling.

Advertisement
Back