Is Urban coming back???

Advertisement
Meant like do anything to win a win at all costs mentality. Obviously they have never done that before......i meant wanting to win and doing anything to win.

I get that, but I don’t think you have the right idea about what happened.

Miami was NEVER this “win at all costs” mentality the way you mean it, the landscape of college football changed, but Miami didn’t. That’s what happened.

You know I appreciate you and value your opinion, my man. I agree with your entire post, except for the first sentence, regarding Gainesville not being conservative. Even beyond politics, that city is conservative as a ma****er. Because it's a college town, it tends to sway more liberal in terms of voting data. UF was one of my clients for 6 years (I want to vomit, just typing that ****), in which I spent about 2-3 days a week there (again, I need to vomit).

Much like most major college towns that happen to be located in traditional conservative areas (Columbus, Ohio..Tallahassee, Fl.. Gainesville, FL...Athens, GA etc..) the college towns are typically the outlier from the norm.

I hope my response is not coming across as a political agenda, because that is not my intent. I HATE when that happens on this board. I am just pointing out my experience of having to be in that city for a significant amount of time.

Well ****. I respected you until I just learned that you did work with UF and went to that **** hole 2-3 days a week without ever burning down a campus building.

We’re good man, I got what you were saying, just thought I could also try to put it in a little different terms. I do think the cult-following and single-minded insiders vs outsiders aspect is more important to programs getting away with dirty deeds than any social or political leaning. Sports fans come from all perspectives and I can guarantee you Urban don’t give a f about who his bag men vote for, just that they would rather drown their own grandmother than see their team lose a game or a recruit.

Well ****. I respected you until I just learned that you did work with UF and went to that **** hole 2-3 days a week without ever burning down a campus building.

We’re good man, I got what you were saying, just thought I could also try to put it in a little different terms. I do think the cult-following and single-minded insiders vs outsiders aspect is more important to programs getting away with dirty deeds than any social or political leaning. Sports fans come from all perspectives and I can guarantee you Urban don’t give a f about who his bag men vote for, just that they would rather drown their own grandmother than see their team lose a game or a recruit.
Trust me, my friend. Going to Gainesville that often was not ideal, but when a client the size of UF calls, in my profession, you answer that call. I found solace in knowing that those ma****ers were paying my bills for a while. Driving on 301, through Starke, FL is not something that I would recommend. I would call the wife to tell her and the kids that I loved them before every trip back to Jax, because I knew if I got pulled over in Starke or caught a flat tire, I would not make it back to Jacksonville alive. Lol.

Advertisement
Trust me, my friend. Going to Gainesville that often was not ideal, but when a client the size of UF calls, in my profession, you answer that call. I found solace in knowing that those ma****ers was paying my bills for a while. Driving on 301, through Starke, FL is not something that I would recommend. I would call the wife to tell her and the kids that I loved them before every trip back to Jax, because I knew if I got pulled over in Starke or caught a flat tire, I would not make it back to Jacksonville alive. Lol.

I drive over to Tampa like once a month or so. Someone needs to tell someone up in Tallahassee what those mofos are doing around there with their fuggin speed limits. Starke sucks... just keep your head down and keep moving. I am strictly on cruise control through that section of the state, so frustrating. Got to change speeds literally constantly and there are speed traps waiting EVERYWHERE. Always a relief to get back on I-10.

I drive over to Tampa like once a month or so. Someone needs to tell someone up in Tallahassee what those mofos are doing around there with their fuggin speed limits. Starke sucks... just keep your head down and keep moving. I am strictly on cruise control through that section of the state, so frustrating. Got to change speeds literally constantly and there are speed traps waiting EVERYWHERE. Always a relief to get back on I-10.
Man, that's crazy....I am in Tampa for a week every other month for work. I hated 301 so much that I started coming back via Orlando on I-4. After a couple of times being stuck on I-4 for 3 hours, I was like, f'uck that......I'll take my chances with Starke. Lol

Man, that's crazy....I am in Tampa for a week every other month for work. I hated 301 so much that I started coming back via Orlando on I-4. After a couple of times being stuck on I-4 for 3 hours, I was like, f'uck that......I'll take my chances with Starke. Lol

Lol. Starke may be risking your life... Driving through Orlando on that route makes you not want to live anyway! After 2-3 passes down I-4, I swore I’d never do it again. Need Silver Air or someone to get that non-stop flight back up and running, pronto.

On Wednesday, Meyer responded to Bush's comments to the Los Angeles Times. For Ohio State fans who hope not to see Meyer coaching another college football program down the road, his comments weren't exactly convincing.

"I believe I'm done, but I've also learned to just live in the moment," Meyer told the Times. "I love what I'm doing, and I hope I do this for a long time."

Lol urban will be in SoCal by January

Advertisement
Come on, guys, there's only one place Urban Liar can go. It has to be Notre Lame.

That's his dream job. And it would complete the infamous trifecta of coaching at three places that are despised above all others by most Canes fans.

If Brian Kelly has a down year, expect to see Meyer on the sideline in South Bend in 2020 or 2021.

true.

but I wonder if ND can weather the PR sh*tstorm of hiring the worst scumbag in college coaching, and that includes Saban, (the second worst)

If Urban Liar came to the U, with the scrutiny we get, he’d get us the death penalty in 5 years with all the s!it he pulls. USC can have his sorry ***.

Despite all of the ill will towards him........ no matter how much you hope it won't happen.......there are several P-5 schools that WOULD take Urban tomorrow .....and feel good about doing it

We're living in the days where crime seems to pay

Advertisement
If Urban Liar came to the U, with the scrutiny we get, he’d get us the death penalty in 5 years with all the s!it he pulls. USC can have his sorry ***.
Not disputing what you said but he'd leave at least one title on his way out and the roster would be absolutely stacked for years.

Not disputing what you said but he'd leave at least one title on his way out and the roster would be absolutely stacked for years.
He can recruit for sure. But at what cost? My concern would be the possible collateral damage. Ohio Taint weathered the storm but could the U?

Advertisement
Urban would crush it at USC. Washington not doing much and I am sure Oregon does not scare him and some how USC still recruits like crazy in down years for him to build the base

Despite all of the ill will towards him........ no matter how much you hope it won't happen.......there are several P-5 schools that WOULD take Urban tomorrow .....and feel good about doing it

We're living in the days where crime seems to pay

Unless it's us.

Urban isn’t going to go to a place that doesn’t look the other way.
He’s salivating for an sec gig to open up.
If not he knows the good ole folks in the panhandle will welcome all kinds of shenanigans and law breaking and spouse abuse. I wouldn’t in the least bit be surprised if he’s already greasing the wheels for a comeback if Willie keeps dancing and wearing his whistle on game day.

Advertisement
Back