Is Urban coming back???

Advertisement
The old Billy Martin line comes to mind:

“The two of them deserve each other. One’s a born liar and the other’s convicted.”

He'll win.

But he'll leave a giant mess behind when he leaves like he did at UF and OSU.

Meyer is the ultimate sell your soul now for wins, then have **** to pay later.

He'll win.

But he'll leave a giant mess behind when he leaves like he did at UF and OSU.

Meyer is the ultimate sell your soul now for wins, then have **** to pay later.
Where does one sign up to sell their sole? I'll take Meyer as my HC 10/10.

OSU isn't going to fall off like Florida did when he left. They're a much better program.

Advertisement
If Urban returns to coaching, another possible destination could be fsu. Since he has always coached in small to medium sized markets, a jungle like LA may not be for him. Fsu has a great football history and Urban can turn around fsu in a heartbeat, as he did at osu.

If Urban returns to coaching, another possible destination could be fsu. Since he has always coached in small to medium sized markets, a jungle like LA may not be for him. Fsu has a great football history and Urban can turn around fsu in a heartbeat, as he did at osu.
We dont want that happening we want them to stay dead

Advertisement
But you're right, college football was likely at its peak in the early-to-mid 2000's when Miami and USC were dominating in that era.

In all reality, college football is at its peak right now—as it's judged on revenue generated, which has never been anything like we're seeing now.

How is it any different with Clemson and Alabama dominating in this era, playing in three national title games over the past several years, both making the Playoffs every year in their existence, etc.? Miami was a power from 2000-2003 while USC was one from 2003-2005.

I'll gladly agree that those Hurricanes and Trojans teams were more-talented across the board and pumped out more next-level NFL talent that these current Tigers and Tide squads—but there's no way the sport was considered at it's peak in that BCS era 15 years ago in comparison to what we have now; right down to major conferences having their own TV networks and a Playoff system that at least makes it a four-team race, instead of just two.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back