Is this the D we will see with Manny calling the plays?

We saw em' last year, and they weren't all that. We had/have huuuuuuuuuuge question marks at LB, & we have to replace Phillips & Roche. If we had the 16' & 17' defenses, no way do they allow UNC to run for almost 6 bills.
Wasnt that our issue in 16 @17 cuz when we player lame they were saying how mcglinchy n nelson would run all over us?

Advertisement
I think that's the problem we had with golden he from penn or the northeast! That type of ball or thinking don't work in sfl! But, were a victim of our own success what worked in 80, 90, and 2000's don't work now if we go small and fast against bama in the trenches its gonna be unc all over again!
You gotta be big up front... need players that eat blocks up front.

Teams did that against us last year to mess with our guards.

They didn’t know how to use the players they had, especially on defense, but they brought in better players. Go look at who recruited which players since year 1 of Golden. Look at who was drafted. His players were better. Someone else recently raised that his were more boom or bust but there were more boom players from Alf than the others since.

What is the basis to determine who brought in better players?
College production, NFL draft round or NFL careers.
If it's the nfl, mosr players brought in since Diaz has been here are still in college so it's to be determined.

If it's the nfl, mosr players brought in since Diaz has been here are still in college so it's to be determined.
I was talking about this in another thread. Any of those are legit on their own or combined I think. I’m looking at how they do here and the draft myself.

You gotta be big up front... need players that eat blocks up front.

Teams did that against us last year to mess with our guards.
I agree if golden did that coupled with the offenses he had back then. Well hindsight is 20/20. Don't think he would still be here but things may be slightly different.

Advertisement
Even if true, it can be determined because diaz got here 16 or 17? That means he at least has 1 or 2 classes that has came and went plus people leaving early like rj, norton, joe jack, garvin, gr15, jp, bandy, or transfer patchan, joyner, williams, etc!!

I think that's the problem we had with golden he from penn or the northeast! That type of ball or thinking don't work in sfl! But, were a victim of our own success what worked in 80, 90, and 2000's don't work now if we go small and fast against bama in the trenches its gonna be unc all over again!
That UNC game was a bunch of guys out of position. Some tryna do too much and getting angled blocked...Carter got Greg jonesd smh.

as for Golden yeah. If your gunna recruit down here u need a scheme that fits what Florida produces annually..if you want to go 3/4 you better be able to recruit national at a very high level

That UNC game was a bunch of guys out of position. Some tryna do too much and getting angled blocked...Carter got Greg jonesd smh.

as for Golden yeah. If your gunna recruit down here u need a scheme that fits what Florida produces annually..if you want to go 3/4 you better be able to recruit national at a very high level
We just got back to recruiting the trenches like we should. when richt n diaz got here! and, turned what golden left us into what were known for now de-u! But when golden got here we couldn't recruit nationally because of sanctions and we sucked that's why he did that i believe.

Advertisement
Mannnnn that was probably the best I’ve felt about Miami in a loooonnng time. Freshmen were balling out. I thought we were destined to win the natty in 2017/2018.

so many what if’s:
If Kaaya stated
If Richards/young never got hurt
If we had competent special teams in 17 and 18.

Looking back on it, that 18 season was probably rock bottom for me as a Miami fan.

I was talking about this in another thread. Any of those are legit on their own or combined I think. I’m looking at how they do here and the draft myself.

Even if true, it can be determined because diaz got here 16 or 17? That means he at least has 1 or 2 classes that has came and went plus people leaving early like rj, norton, joe jack, garvin, gr15, jp, bandy, or transfer patchan, joyner, williams, etc!!

From 2011 to 2015 Al Golden brought in

1. Mark walton
2. Jaquan Johnson
3. Kendrick Norton
4. RJ McIntosh
5. Chad Thomas
6. Yearby
7. Brad Kaaya
8. Berrios
9. Trent Harris
10. David Njoku
11. Nick Linder
12. Cris Herndon
13. Stacey Coley
14. Artie Burns
15. Corn Elder
16. Gus Edwards
17. Duke Johnson
18. Tracy Howard
19. Deon Bush
20. Ereck Flowers
21. Dorsett
22. Chickillo
23. Perryman
24. Dallas Crawford
25. Olsen Pierre

Thats 25 good to above average players. Maybe someone might add a few more but in my opinion those are the best. That's an average of 5 good players per year.

From 2016 to present time Manny Diaz has brought in.

(2016-18 counted only defensive players)

1. Quarterman
2. Joe Jackson
3. Pinckney
4. Bandy
5. Garvin
6. Silvera
7. Blades jr
8. Frierson
9. Rousseau
10. Jalean Phillips
11. Roche
12. Bolden
13. Zion Nelson
14. Tecory Couch
15. Knighton
16. Chaney jr
17. Jalen Rivers
18. Avante Williams
19. Chantz Williams
20. Issiah Walker jr
21. Arroyo
22. Leonard Taylor
23. James Williams
24. Romello Brinson
25. Jacolby George

Is just my opinion but I don't see where's Golden advantage. Most of Diaz players are still in college but to me is about the same. If the young players develop Manny can easily surpass him.

fwiw when teams turn the corner from fake, to pretender and than to contender, it’s about stacking classes and depth. I truly believe we’re moving on from fake this year. With the portal and covid, we’ve got depth and two classes now with additional seniority. We are on the verge of something that’s really going to challenge the mope narrative.

1. Mark walton
2. Jaquan Johnson
3. Kendrick Norton
4. RJ McIntosh
5. Chad Thomas
6. Yearby
7. Brad Kaaya
8. Berrios
9. Trent Harris
10. David Njoku
11. Nick Linder
12. Cris Herndon
13. Stacey Coley
14. Artie Burns
15. Corn Elder
16. Gus Edwards
17. Duke Johnson
18. Tracy Howard
19. Deon Bush
20. Ereck Flowers
21. Dorsett
22. Chickillo
23. Perryman
24. Dallas Crawford
25. Olsen Pierre

Thats 25 good to above average players. Maybe someone might add a few more but in my opinion those are the best. That's an average of 5 good players per year.

1. Quarterman
2. Joe Jackson
3. Pinckney
4. Bandy
5. Garvin
6. Silvera
7. Blades jr
8. Frierson
9. Rousseau
10. Jalean Phillips
11. Roche
12. Bolden
13. Zion Nelson
14. Tecory Couch
15. Knighton
16. Chaney jr
17. Jalen Rivers
18. Avante Williams
19. Chantz Williams
20. Issiah Walker jr
21. Arroyo
22. Leonard Taylor
23. James Williams
24. Romello Brinson
25. Jacolby George

Is just my opinion but I don't see where's Golden advantage. Most of Diaz players are still in college but to me is about the same. If the young players develop Manny can easily surpass him.
You can’t make this conclusion at this time because it’s too soon. 17-25 on your list haven’t even played a down.

Don’t look at class rank and player rank without performance on the field. That’s been a concern for a bunch of us. Rankings, 7 on 7 Superstars... That we got Pope & Wiggins and missed on Tutu and Elijah Moore is one example of us making the wrong choices.

Advertisement
You can’t make this conclusion at this time because it’s too soon. 17-25 on your list haven’t even played a down.

Don’t look at class rank and player rank without performance on the field. That’s been a concern for a bunch of us. Rankings, 7 on 7 Superstars... That we got Pope & Wiggins and missed on Tutu and Elijah Moore is one example of us making the wrong choices.

That was my point, to be determined.
But you are stating as fact that Golden brought in better talent.

1. Mark walton
2. Jaquan Johnson
3. Kendrick Norton
4. RJ McIntosh
5. Chad Thomas
6. Yearby
7. Brad Kaaya
8. Berrios
9. Trent Harris
10. David Njoku
11. Nick Linder
12. Cris Herndon
13. Stacey Coley
14. Artie Burns
15. Corn Elder
16. Gus Edwards
17. Duke Johnson
18. Tracy Howard
19. Deon Bush
20. Ereck Flowers
21. Dorsett
22. Chickillo
23. Perryman
24. Dallas Crawford
25. Olsen Pierre

1. Quarterman
2. Joe Jackson
3. Pinckney
4. Bandy
5. Garvin
6. Silvera
7. Blades jr
8. Frierson
9. Rousseau
10. Jalean Phillips
11. Roche
12. Bolden
13. Zion Nelson
14. Tecory Couch
15. Knighton
16. Chaney jr
17. Jalen Rivers
18. Avante Williams
19. Chantz Williams
20. Issiah Walker jr
21. Arroyo
22. Leonard Taylor
23. James Williams
24. Romello Brinson
25. Jacolby George

I agree with your list! But golden was top heavy his gambles were horrible evals place holders, scholly fillers or numbers evals! Diaz is top heavy but well rounded and no more reaches like pierre, blue, lewis jr or yearby or shirrefs, dykstra, milo, baxa, feagles, aj highsmith.....etc!!

fwiw when teams turn the corner from fake, to pretender and than to contender, it’s about stacking classes and depth. I truly believe we’re moving on from fake this year. With the portal and covid, we’ve got depth and two classes now with additional seniority. We are on the verge of something that’s really going to challenge the mope narrative.
I agree 100% because I do have faith, contrary to what my slurping friends may think, that these latest classes will prove to be different. We still have to see it but the difference to me is that in years past, we heard from the guys with knowledge who coach high school in the area, about all the “should’ve offered” guys. That’s been less and less. Plus, it seems that a number of them were “legit” wants of top schools.

I’m looking forward to Manny and the team to take a step up this year.

Advertisement
I agree 100% because I do have faith, contrary to what my slurping friends may think, that these latest classes will prove to be different. We still have to see it but the difference to me is that in years past, we heard from the guys with knowledge who coach high school in the area, about all the “should’ve offered” guys. That’s been less and less. Plus, it seems that a number of them were “legit” wants of top schools.

I’m looking forward to Manny and the team to take a step up this year.
Agree on all fronts. Excluding the UNC massacre. My biggest complaint of manny thus far is not having his teams ready to play from the jump. If he figures that out I think he will have a lot of success. I’m not sold on his scheme to win at the top tier level, but the coastal absolutely. His teams sleep walk early, but I will give him credit that his teams have shown fight.

you are on point boar! I thought 18' was the start of what your talkin about. But if u sandwhich 18- 21 classes on paper were stacked but some bad evals- mccloud, hillery, herbert, hall? Carter..etc injuries- ar, wilder, young, blissett, jordan, hall?, attrition- joyner, williams, burns, patchan, gus..etc thats 16 that i remember im sure there is more?

Advertisement
Back