Is this the D we will see with Manny calling the plays?

Advertisement

Those players were better, they played better together and the DC was better than Baker for certain. Weā€™ll see what happens when that DC wears the HC and DC hats this year. Iā€™ve said that Dorito/Goldenā€™s talent evals were better than Mannyā€™s just like I think McEltoothā€™s evals were better than Dan Mulletā€™s.

That defense played well collectively as a unit regardless if there were NFL draft picks or not. Letā€™s hope we get close to that level of play for ā€˜21 defensively. Because Year #2 in Lashleeā€™s offense should have us pushing 40ppg. If we can get a Top 35 effort on defense weā€™ll see the momentum start swinging in our favor record wise, bowl game wise, and with the ā€˜22 recruiting class. Thatā€™s how we stack depth at all positions and become perennial Top 10 program again.

That defense was far more talented than this years team or last years team. Pretty funny Manny has had more success with Goldenā€™s kids vs his own.

that defense in 16 was stacked with talent
Maybe so but that won't last long. As soon as the young talent on this Defenses begins to develop and gel......WTFO!( Watch the **** Out!!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
That defense was far more talented than this years team or last years team. Pretty funny Manny has had more success with Goldenā€™s kids vs his own.

that defense in 16 was stacked with talent
Don't agree, your only saying that because you kno what they did already! This year u can't say that because we haven't seen them yet!...this defense is talented so was last years, production was the problem! not talent.

Those players were better, they played better together and the DC was better than Baker for certain. Weā€™ll see what happens when that DC wears the HC and DC hats this year. Iā€™ve said that Dorito/Goldenā€™s talent evals were better than Mannyā€™s just like I think McEltoothā€™s evals were better than Dan Mulletā€™s.
I don't necessarily agree about evaluations being better. because if that was the case why was they trying fattening everybody up instead of recruit what they need. Example chick when they switched to a 3-4? We didnt have personnel for a 3-4 but they did it anyway hence why our defense sucked in golden- dorito years.

Don't agree, your only saying that because you kno what they did already! This year u can't say that because we haven't seen them yet!...this defense is talented so was last years, production was the problem! not talent.
That D was loaded. But like u said they saying that with the benefit of hindsight. But Iā€™ll say this, that Defense had NFL talent at each level. And that talent flashed that while here.

now this years group has the ā€œtalentā€. But will they produce at that level collectively is the question especially the LBs and CBS. And the like our group of LBs and CBS From a physical talent standpoint but they gotta produce

Advertisement
stacked? How many defensive players went within the first 3 rounds?
First 3 rounds?? Excluding this year how many kids have we had taken in first 3 rounds defensively over last decade? Every kid on the field that night (outside of the linebackers) has had their shot in league. Many of whom have had success, especially in the 16 secondary. Golden had tons of nfl talent defensively just didnā€™t know how to use, Manny has his flaws but put those guys in far better position To be productive

That defensive line was filled with grown *** men. Being taught by a freak technician in Kuligowski and it showed. I love Simpson and think he is just as good as Kul but we donā€™t have the same type of horses On Dline. Every other position I can see this years defense being on par with though

I don't necessarily agree about evaluations being better. because if that was the case why was they trying fattening everybody up instead of recruit what they need. Example chick when they switched to a 3-4? We didnt have personnel for a 3-4 but they did it anyway hence why our defense sucked in golden- dorito years.
No HS in south Florida runs a 3/4..nobody. Thatā€™s the mistake Golden and them made. U not gunna find those type of recruits annually down here. 4tech DEs, etc etc are not produced down here

Advertisement
That D was loaded. But like u said they saying that with the benefit of hindsight. But Iā€™ll say this, that Defense had NFL talent at each level. And that talent flashed that while here.

now this years group has the ā€œtalentā€. But will they produce at that level collectively is the question especially the LBs and CBS. And the like our group of LBs and CBS From a physical talent standpoint but they gotta produce
Oh i agree! Production has to be there i think we had to trot out mccloud n jennings because they knew da scheme better. Coaches thought the front 4 (dt)would be better then they were so that made da backers a liability because they lack athletic ability n speed that the pups have but this year the pups will shine 2 or 3 yrs in def system will do wonders for the pups!

First 3 rounds?? Excluding this year how many kids have we had taken in first 3 rounds defensively over last decade? Every kid on the field that night (outside of the linebackers) has had their shot in league. Many of whom have had success, especially in the 16 secondary. Golden had tons of nfl talent defensively just didnā€™t know how to use, Manny has his flaws but put those guys in far better position To be productive
Them guys wasnā€™t perceived that way until Mannyā€™s system. Donā€™t get it twisted. Corn was a question mark. Mike Jackson was dead weight according to cis. Red was a bad take based on his Fresh/soph years. Carter and jenks were jags..55 and 56 were true freshman..that system allowed those guys to play football

Them guys wasnā€™t perceived that way until Mannyā€™s system. Donā€™t get it twisted. Corn was a question mark. Mike Jackson was dead weight according to cis. Red was a bad take based on his Fresh/soph years. Carter and jenks were jags..55 and 56 were true freshman..that system allowed those guys to play football
I canā€™t argue those takes were said. But I still look back and say 16 is best team weā€™ve had here in long time. Everything started to click in second half of season and it was beautiful to watch. Something us fans havenā€™t seen in forever, a team that gets better as season goes on. That goes for any UM sport too

That defensive line was filled with grown *** men. Being taught by a freak technician in Kuligowski and it showed. I love Simpson and think he is just as good as Kul but we donā€™t have the same type of horses On Dline. Every other position I can see this years defense being on par with though
That's the point u don't see it don't mean it can't happen.. Nesta, ford, miller, should be these grown as men u talk of now because there entering year 3 for miller and 4 and 5 for nesta and ford we will see though. I like our back 7! talent, depth, experience, young pups pushing vets. Lb pups are gonna shine this year brooks, flagg, cave, huff, davis, trout, johnson.

Advertisement
Back