Is this the D we will see with Manny calling the plays?

Advertisement
"Superior"?...disagree Bro.
They were statistically better in almost every single defensive category.

#1 in the nation against the pass
#2 in total defense in the nation
#1 in 3rd down defense
#12 in forced turnovers
#9 in sacks
#1 in tackles for loss

I think Golden did better overall at this point based on contributions when I look at the LB’s, DL and CB’s but he may have had more flat out misses.

Were Jaquan and Redwine Golden recruits?
Yes Quan and red were both Golden recruits. But u have to factor in how they were used...imo that factors into overall talent evaluation of a staff. A lot of those guys Golden had only turned into studs after Manny got them into his system that allowed them to ball..Think, chad was a 5 star freak out of HS, with Golden did he ever look like he could reach his potential, no. He never even flashed in that system Imo..Same with Tracey who I think would’ve definitely been more productive in manny’s system..corn Carter, jenks same thing..each had 1 szn in manny’s defense and each looked better than they ever did.

Yes Quan and red were both Golden recruits. But u have to factor in how they were used...imo that factors into overall talent evaluation of a staff. A lot of those guys Golden had only turned into studs after Manny got them into his system that allowed them to ball..Think, chad was a 5 star freak out of HS, with Golden did he ever look like he could reach his potential, no. He never even flashed in that system Imo..Same with Tracey who I think would’ve definitely been more productive in manny’s system..corn Carter, jenks same thing..each had 1 szn in manny’s defense and each looked better than they ever did.
This doesn’t conflict for me one bit. Manny’s a better coach on D than Dorito... and Golden and Dorito didn’t know how to use these players but they made better evals and brought in kids with better traits. That Manny coaches up Golden’s players to perform better than his own recruits has been an issue of evals. Hopefully that’s changed with the last 2 classes.

Advertisement
This doesn’t conflict for me one bit. Manny’s a better coach on D than Dorito... and Golden and Dorito didn’t know how to use these players but they made better evals and brought in kids with better traits. That Manny coaches up Golden’s players to perform better than his own recruits has been an issue of evals. Hopefully that’s changed with the last 2 classes.
But how can u say they made better evaluations if their evaluation led to them sticking guys in the wrong scheme..the scheme they were running did not fit the athletes they brought in..the scheme did not fit the recruiting base (south Florida) they tried to tap into.. .that’s like if NE drafted Lamar Jackson to run Tom Brady’s O. Or if Lashlee tried to run the same scheme with jake Garcia as he does with Kind..that’s bad evaluation to think either of those scenarios can work.

too me evaluations should start with measurables at Each position that will correlate to success after development within your system..if your a wishbone team don’t bring in a 5star Pocket passer and expect him to run it..if you need 4tech DE dont Recruit a 6”3 240 lb edge rusher to play that position

it wasn’t just about coaching them up per se. it was about identifying first what your recruiting base was gonna be. Then making sure what ever scheme your running fits what these kids are familiar with and what fits their athletic profile.

But how can u say they made better evaluations if their evaluation led to them sticking guys in the wrong scheme..the scheme they were running did not fit the athletes they brought in..the scheme did not fit the recruiting base (south Florida) they tried to tap into.. .that’s like if NE drafted Lamar Jackson to run Tom Brady’s O. Or if Lashlee tried to run the same scheme with jake Garcia as he does with Kind..that’s bad evaluation to think either of those scenarios can work.

too me evaluations should start with measurables at Each position that will correlate to success after development within your system..if your a wishbone team don’t bring in a 5star Pocket passer and expect him to run it..if you need 4tech DE dont Recruit a 6”3 240 lb edge rusher to play that position

it wasn’t just about coaching them up per se. it was about identifying first what your recruiting base was gonna be. Then making sure what ever scheme your running fits what these kids are familiar with and what fits their athletic profile.
I can say that because the guys that got drafted from Alf’s recruiting have been better than Manny’s to date. Simple. Stop badgering me. Go to Wingstop or something.

I can say that because the guys that got drafted from Alf’s recruiting have been better than Manny’s to date. Simple. Stop badgering me. Go to Wingstop or something.
It’s Chinese tonight bruh..and I’m only feeding me .. but dawg don’t you have some slurper monitoring to do?

But bruh we gunna disagree to disagree on this one

It’s Chinese tonight bruh..and I’m only feeding me .. but dawg don’t you have some slurper monitoring to do?

But bruh we gunna disagree to disagree on this one
The Slurpers are about to run wild again when we start picking up recruits.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back