Is this a good decision by the QB?

I’m neither calling out one specific QB, nor overly praising him.

I’m posting this fairly straightforward example to see what people say regarding this play. Again, this is NOT about a particular player, inasmuch as it is about how we evaluate a specific play and/or player. A specific completion, a specific result.

I’ll post my evaluation, and I am admittedly no quarterback expert not even a little bit, later in this thread.

I'll say this, the playmakers make plays, perry has that ability to be a consistent playmaker, that throw he made to jt4 against Fsu up the seem where you couldnt even see jt4, in that moment in that game, if he can consistently do that plus consistently hit the basic an open throws, teams are going to start getting blown out on a regular. Also, perry has the ability to throw it anywhere, so a defense cant nap, so if perry starts consistently displaying the ability to see the whole field close to brad kaaya's level, he's going to start being a consistent problem!

Advertisement
On this particular play, NP was locked in on where he want to throw. A dangerous tendency (if it is) during the season. Some of you posting above about other receivers being open, are right. I hope this is corrected, or we’re gonna be in for a long season if he is the best we have game time.

I was seated in the end zone and Perry clearing staring at target presnap

Advertisement
Not sure if he could maintain this in heated battle, yes he has improved and must continue way more consistency needed and I guess I can say this about all three.

Some one is showing a good grasp then drops off and another does the same.

Coaches have a huge decision, I myself have scares of Kosi plus lingering Koolaide issues I must put behind me .

Well as of now I’m Tate lean not by much though. Other then Tate they’ve had 11/2 years to grow and haven’t, yes MR played apart in holding them back but that doesn’t mean you can’t improve at all though, this is why I’m a Tate lean while the others just went Oh well it is what it is and gave up basically in crazy videos and gain weight and going through the motions every day and settled for mediocrity NOT A GOOD SIGN.

Tate took a huge chance a leap of faith I really like that and came hear and is learning a completely new system.

All Tate in my book , but @OriginalCanesCanesCanes very good points glad to see Kosi improvement, summer is coming and everyone better not take a moments rest season never ends whom ever embraces this and shows up firing on all cylinders WINS.

GOCANES
Sounds like a Tate slurper to me.

On this particular play, NP was locked in on where he want to throw. A dangerous tendency (if it is) during the season. Some of you posting above about other receivers being open, are right. I hope this is corrected, or we’re gonna be in for a long season if he is the best we have game time.
Kosi locked onto his first target from the snap almost every time he threw a ball in a game last season. It is a really bad and dangerous habit.

I’ve never seen Kosi throw a check down to the RB no matter how wide open they are. He forces passes downfield, That is the one knock I have on him.

With Jarren he gives me Brad Kaaya vibes (in a bad way) but to what degree remains to be seen... all the comments about how perfect his throws are, sounds like Kaaya and then gets in the game and its 3 and outs and sacks all day.

With Martell he comes off like a gamer being able to make plays on the run but also comes off like he could cost u a game too... I wanna see more consistency in his throws, more velocity and less ducks.
Jarren is slow motion like Kaaya too

Advertisement
Always a good decsion when you execute a throw and catch 17-yards downfield. It only becomes a bad decison if it was forced and poorley executed, resulting in an INT. The outlet likey doesn't get 17 yards against a fast D.

That's a hero play if it kept a late drive alive for a winning FG or TD, the outlet is just conjecture.

I agree you have to look at context. But it seems obvious that Nkosi was going to his first pre-snap read on this play come **** or high water. Showed tremendous poise and concentration and foot work. But as a coach, I would be looking at it and say "dude, you had an open outlet that was higher percentage and could have gotten you to move the chains". We may not have needed a hero play in that situation.

Sounds like a Tate slurper to me.

No Swampcity German helmets not my thing , because I stated a contrasting viewpoint to whatever your thoughts are does not make me a milkshake dude.

Those we’re my thoughts, what are yours?

Looks like your a pile on type of player with no game and draw to many flags for late hits.

Bring your game or get of the field TNM has no place for name calling and no game to back it up.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Froze it at 0:12-0:13.
Assuming the D is starting to react as Perry starts to throw, there was a "nice" 3-4 yard window that Perry got it in for a 17 yard gain.
DJ is standing at the 38. CB is at the 50. So if he goes there, minimum of 6 with a chance for a big play if he makes the CB miss.

Good play?
If it was 3rd or 4th and 10 on a crucial drive, yes.
1st or 2nd down? No. Take the easy money and deliver a ball where DJ can do something with it.

Montana and Brady are 2 of the best QB's of all time because they made/make a living out of dumping the ball to their RB's.

EDIT:
I watched it again.
It was 2nd and 4.
In this situation get the ball to DJ in the flat.

Last edited:
Once a QB stops thinking and reads reflect to eye hand coordination this QB is the victor.

Stepping up and avoiding pass rushers is great but then can’t pick up secondary even third reads do to thinking that’s an issue.

GOCANES

I’m posting this fairly straightforward example to see what people say regarding this play. Again, this is NOT about a particular player, inasmuch as it is about how we evaluate a specific play and/or player. A specific completion, a specific result.

I’ll post my evaluation, and I am admittedly no quarterback expert not even a little bit, later in this thread.

It was a bad play. Locked in, threw across his body and late over the middle. That play usually ends up in a negative. Similar to Tate's early pass to Mallory that was lauded. It was the correct read but the throw was truly horrific. Side note: For Mallory to be that big and have those hands and body control. He's going to be a beast. Couldn't believe he not only caught it, but then picked up YAC.

Advertisement

Brother without knowing the play call & what the OC wants against that particular coverage/front..No one here knows it if it’s a good decision by the QB.

I do like that he showed ability to buy time in the pocket & threw a strike between two defenders where only the WR could get it & the defenders couldn’t. That’s called being a playmaker

@thinkkaz that's bc you don’t know football in any regard. You prolly think you could call plays for Bill B.

I mean you said without knowing the play no one could decipher if it's a good decision or bad decision. It was just a dumb statement by you. Just own up and say you made a mistake. Best of luck to you.

Advertisement
Back