Is it really the Qbs or is it Richt's Offense?

fivecent

Junior
I understand that our Qb talent might not be the best. I understand that we seem to have a helluva defense. I understand that we might still have some work to do on the Oline. But I am not so sure that I can accept that out of these Qbs, all with different skill sets, some who have been in this system for more than a year, that not one of them can put together anything resembling competent Qb play. I am starting to wonder if we have a case of another coach married to a system that simply doesn't fit his talent.

Even under Kaya, A Qb who claimed/seemed to have fully grasped the system, this system was never really that good. Last year, the offense looked very boring at the start against bad teams. Then very bad during the middle against good teams. And then good enough at the end against OK teams. Things seemed to only click when everything was absolutely perfect. I don't know enough about schemes and sets to be able to diagnose what's going on, but I know a pattern when I see one, and I don't believe in coincidences.

It was noted in another thread that Perry has been running something similar to Richt's system for awhile now. Perhaps that is why Richt is so in love with him. However, if Perry gets here and has the same struggles that EVERY other Qb has had, I'm calling bullcrap on, "we don't have talent at QB."

Advertisement
You have two guys who shouldnt be playing for a P5 school and one who should, but isnt a stickler for details and is enjoying college life.

Richt's play calling and playbook are suspect at times, but Golden/Coley ****ed us on this one.

You have two guys who shouldnt be playing for a P5 school and one who should, but isnt a stickler for details and is enjoying college life.

Richt's play calling and playbook are suspect at times, but Golden/Coley ****ed us on this one.

this. the guys we have just aren't that good.

Great analysis of the situation...
Allison has more than enough talent but he needs to focus more

We have not seen anyone play a down in a real game yet in Richt's offense as starter.

Everything is just speculation and conjecture right now as to what we have and what the offense will look like come Fall.

Advertisement
I see the "Allison as party boy Kevin Olsen 2" speculation is rapidly catching fire and becoming internet fact.

We have not seen anyone play a down in a real game yet in Richt's offense as starter.

Everything is just speculation and conjecture right now as to what we have and what the offense will look like come Fall.

This comment is eerily similar to those on the boards who had the "wait and see" approach on Al Golden.

What we are saying is easily seen in spring games, interviews, and from those close to them. Our QB situation sucks and we are praying a incoming freshman is the goods. Richt has been secretive about the starting position, yet has mentioned Kosi in almost every discussion.

I see the "Allison as party boy Kevin Olsen 2" speculation is rapidly catching fire and becoming internet fact.

Where do you see that anywhere in this thread. Simply stated Allison isn't a stickler for details, not that hes getting DUI's and snorting cocaine.

Allison has the talent, but isn't prepared mentally. Theres a reason hes #3 , yet all of us attending the scrimmages keep telling people he looks the most talented.

I say reserve judgment on Ricth until Perry, Weldon, and Sitowski get accumulated to his system. Thosr are the guys he choose to fit his style of offense

Advertisement
Golden has nothing to do with the present and it is a straw man argument to bring up his regime.

Fact is we don't know either way how any of these players will play in September (Perry included.)

To say the QB situations sucks doesn't really add to the conversation other than just sounding like a negative Nancy.

Golden has nothing to do with the present and it is a straw man argument to bring up his regime.

Fact is we don't know either way how any of these players will play in September (Perry included.)

To say the QB situations sucks doesn't really add to the conversation other than just sounding like a negative Nancy.

LOL Golden has everything to do with the present. He recruited the QBs we have on the roster. No?

You havent been paying attention to the spring, the coach, or anyone around the program if youre reserving judgement.

Plain and simple, either Perry comes in and overachieves as a Freshman or we have an 8-5, 9-4 type year.

Walton/Homer/The Defense won't be able to carry our slack all season. They barely could with Kayaa back there.

LOL Golden has everything to do with the present. He recruited the QBs we have on the roster. No?

You havent been paying attention to the spring, the coach, or anyone around the program if youre reserving judgement.

Plain and simple, either Perry comes in and overachieves as a Freshman or we have an 8-5, 9-4 type year.

Walton/Homer/The Defense won't be able to carry our slack all season. They barely could with Kayaa back there.

The context in which you brought up Golden has nothing to do with the conversation and is a straw man fallacy.

As for what I have been paying attention to I can only go by what people are saying in threads on this site. And just like most Spring Practices there are some good things and some bad things being reported.

Advertisement
I'm going to take an early part of the season wait-and-see attitude. I must say based upon last season I was not impressed with this conservative offense. I thought we needed more variety in plays, route options, formations and pace.

Advertisement
When your quarterbacks dropped about 5 snaps and have to abort plays, it transcends coaching. That's middle school ****.

The context in which you brought up Golden has nothing to do with the conversation and is a straw man fallacy.

As for what I have been paying attention to I can only go by what people are saying in threads on this site. And just like most Spring Practices there are some good things and some bad things being reported.

1. The argument was is it richt or the qbs. I am saying it is the QBs and Golden recruited those QBs. So, you're wrong. It is on topic. It is like giving someone oranges and telling him to make lemonade.

2. I have been to two scrimmages and reiterate what almost everyone has said on this board that has been. The QBs are terrible and it is made even worse by our front seven. The QB who looks to have the best intangibles/talent is 3rd string because he doesn't focus on the small things that make a good starting QB. Richt doesn't trust him for that reason and its evident as he is 3rd string.

Everything I have said is true and I bet you were a golden believer until the last minute.

I say reserve judgment on Ricth until Perry, Weldon, and Sitowski get accumulated to his system. Thosr are the guys he choose to fit his style of offense

Weldon will never play a game here unless Sit and Perry are riddled with injury. [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=fact]#fact [/URL]

You have zero fūcking clue what will happen in the future. #fact

Ill be saving this post to come back to in a few years. Weldon wont beat out Perry or Sit.

Advertisement
Back