Is it really the Qbs or is it Richt's Offense?

Its not Richts offense...its the players in it.

If your going to point to last season look at the OL and how quick Kaaya had to get rid of the ball. Now part of that was on him as well, but you game plan according to your strengths and weaknesses

And ill add this... Richt is now recruiting differently. We all know where the best athletes in CFB come from and that's Fla. Look at our recruits and the guys they target and want. You don't think this team will look and perform differently compared to those UGA teams.

UGA may be the Dawgs, but the Dawgs on the field are in our players from SFLA

Advertisement
Golden has nothing to do with the present and it is a straw man argument to bring up his regime.

Fact is we don't know either way how any of these players will play in September (Perry included.)

To say the QB situations sucks doesn't really add to the conversation other than just sounding like a negative Nancy.

LOL Golden has everything to do with the present. He recruited the QBs we have on the roster. No?

You havent been paying attention to the spring, the coach, or anyone around the program if youre reserving judgement.

Plain and simple, either Perry comes in and overachieves as a Freshman or we have an 8-5, 9-4 type year.

Walton/Homer/The Defense won't be able to carry our slack all season. They barely could with Kayaa back there.

The context in which you brought up Golden has nothing to do with the conversation and is a straw man fallacy.

As for what I have been paying attention to I can only go by what people are saying in threads on this site. And just like most Spring Practices there are some good things and some bad things being reported.

1. The argument was is it richt or the qbs. I am saying it is the QBs and Golden recruited those QBs. So, you're wrong. It is on topic. It is like giving someone oranges and telling him to make lemonade.

2. I have been to two scrimmages and reiterate what almost everyone has said on this board that has been. The QBs are terrible and it is made even worse by our front seven. The QB who looks to have the best intangibles/talent is 3rd string because he doesn't focus on the small things that make a good starting QB. Richt doesn't trust him for that reason and its evident as he is 3rd string.

Everything I have said is true and I bet you were a golden believer until the last minute.

You're thinking of Brock.

I still think that come August it's Allison that will be competing with Perry for the job.

Richt has to see that neither Rosier or Sheriffs can make enough plays or is good enough to lead this team.

I think Richt sits JA down and tries to get through to him and see if the light goes on.Most every Cane fan jizzed a little when this kid committed here and I still think he's the most talented kid on the roster.Hopefully Richt can sit him down and show him that he's throwing his future away for a piece of a** and a boat ride ,if this Is his problem,and make him understand that the boats and the broads only get bigger and better if he's a starting QB.

If the light doesn't go on then I think it's Perry to lead this team and I think Richt is willing to sink of swim with him.I don't believe for a minute that Richt starts either Rosier or Sheriffs come the first game...jmo

I think some people are taking my comments out of context. I am not saying that Allison is out there every day on a boat or with his girlfriend every single minute of the day (he does do both of those thing often, though).

Allison is the most talented out of the QBs on campus, he just needs to work on the mental/preparation side of his game. That is where is lacking. Everything from getting the offense lined up, to reading the defense, to not turning the ball over.

Throwing the ball isn't his issue.

I still think that come August it's Allison that will be competing with Perry for the job.

Richt has to see that neither Rosier or Sheriffs can make enough plays or is good enough to lead this team.

I think Richt sits JA down and tries to get through to him and see if the light goes on.Most every Cane fan jizzed a little when this kid committed here and I still think he's the most talented kid on the roster.Hopefully Richt can sit him down and show him that he's throwing his future away for a piece of a** and a boat ride ,if this Is his problem,and make him understand that the boats and the broads only get bigger and better if he's a starting QB.

If the light doesn't go on then I think it's Perry to lead this team and I think Richt is willing to sink of swim with him.I don't believe for a minute that Richt starts either Rosier or Sheriffs come the first game...jmo
I've seen this sentiment expressed in several threads across multiple message boards yet I've seen no indication from Richt that he views Allison as a potential starter. Richt basically relegated Allison to Co-clipboard holder with Testaverde in his comments yesterday. To be clear, I'm not anti-Allison. In fact I'd like to see him win the job. But for whatever reason he does not seem to be on Richt's radar.

Advertisement
I like that Richt isn't pumping sunshine up everyone's areseholes, which is what Gorlden would have done, and people like the OP would have slurped it all up...

Remember how Diaz was downplaying the progress of the defense last year? Elite guys know what to say to the media to keep the players motivated on improving. Getting the fan base pumped to later be disappointed is a Golden/Shannon trait. No thank you

I understand that our Qb talent might not be the best. I understand that we seem to have a helluva defense. I understand that we might still have some work to do on the Oline. But I am not so sure that I can accept that out of these Qbs, all with different skill sets, some who have been in this system for more than a year, that not one of them can put together anything resembling competent Qb play. I am starting to wonder if we have a case of another coach married to a system that simply doesn't fit his talent.

Even under Kaya, A Qb who claimed/seemed to have fully grasped the system, this system was never really that good. Last year, the offense looked very boring at the start against bad teams. Then very bad during the middle against good teams. And then good enough at the end against OK teams. Things seemed to only click when everything was absolutely perfect. I don't know enough about schemes and sets to be able to diagnose what's going on, but I know a pattern when I see one, and I don't believe in coincidences.

It was noted in another thread that Perry has been running something similar to Richt's system for awhile now. Perhaps that is why Richt is so in love with him. However, if Perry gets here and has the same struggles that EVERY other Qb has had, I'm calling bullcrap on, "we don't have talent at QB."

This is the crux of your confusion. You don't know what you're looking at and take a simplistic approach to analyzing a complex problem.

Saying you understand we "still have work to do on the oline"(which is a constant with all QBs/Offensive execution) and a "helluva defense", then not being able to "accept" why none of the QBs can put together "competent" play is counter-logic.

Richt is a proven QBs coach, OC, & HC in college football. The longer he delays putting his proven system in place (for the lack of ability among position groups), the longer he puts the entire offensive unit & team behind in development & success. Kaaya's mental grasp of the system is irrelevant for the reasons stated above, as well as the need for talent (speed) from skill players.

It was a transition year where we won 9 games playing inconsistently, in a new system with pieces that didn't fit. Offense is different than defense in rhythm, timing, and execution; you can't put your best 11 out there, line em up, simplify the reads, and tell them play fast.

You have to give this thing some time.. We will have better tempo and score this season but the accuracy from QBs isn't a system problem, it's a talent problem.

Last edited:
Its not Richts offense...its the players in it.

If your going to point to last season look at the OL and how quick Kaaya had to get rid of the ball.

Depending on the offense, a QB has to get rid of the ball quick regardless of the talent level of the OL. ****, even Dorsey had to get rid of the ball in 3 seconds or better most of the time. Some of that crap Richt was running during that 4 game losing streak wouldn't even have worked with the 00' & 01' OLs...SMH @ 4-Vertz vs Max Blitz against VT.

I understand that our Qb talent might not be the best. I understand that we seem to have a helluva defense. I understand that we might still have some work to do on the Oline. But I am not so sure that I can accept that out of these Qbs, all with different skill sets, some who have been in this system for more than a year, that not one of them can put together anything resembling competent Qb play. I am starting to wonder if we have a case of another coach married to a system that simply doesn't fit his talent.

Even under Kaya, A Qb who claimed/seemed to have fully grasped the system, this system was never really that good. Last year, the offense looked very boring at the start against bad teams. Then very bad during the middle against good teams. And then good enough at the end against OK teams. Things seemed to only click when everything was absolutely perfect. I don't know enough about schemes and sets to be able to diagnose what's going on, but I know a pattern when I see one, and I don't believe in coincidences.

It was noted in another thread that Perry has been running something similar to Richt's system for awhile now. Perhaps that is why Richt is so in love with him. However, if Perry gets here and has the same struggles that EVERY other Qb has had, I'm calling bullcrap on, "we don't have talent at QB."

This is the crux of your confusion. You don't know what you're looking at and take a simplistic approach to analyzing a complex problem.

Saying you understand we "still have work to do on the oline"(which is a constant with all QBs/Offensive execution) and a "helluva defense", then not being able to "accept" why none of the QBs can put together "competent" play is counter-logic.

Richt is a proven QBs coach, OC, & HC in college football. The longer he delays putting his proven system in place (for the lack of ability among position groups), the longer he puts the entire offensive unit & team behind in development & success. Kaaya's mental grasp of the system is irrelevant for the reasons stated above, as well as the need for talent (speed) from skill players.

It was a transition year where we won 9 games playing inconsistently, in a new system with pieces that didn't fit. Offense is different than defense in rhythm, timing, and execution; you can't put your best 11 out there, line em up, simplify the reads, and tell them play fast.

You have to give this thing some time.. We will have better tempo and score this season but the accuracy from QBs isn't a system problem, it's a talent problem.

Agreed - we have had a bad OL for a while & the majority of these QBs werent heavily recruited.
- I think this is another transition year bc of the QB situation
- we will be better - and might get into the ACC title game but until the OL can show me they can get a first down on 3rd and 1 & the QBs can get to 55% pass completion - hard to start thinking playoffs

Advertisement
Kaaya never looked like he even came close to understanding how to play in the pocket, let alone grasping Richt's offense. It didn't look like he got something as simple as the RPO down until the bowl game.

Allison problem is not his ability or arm.
Richt said it yesterday, "he's a very talented pocket passer" just needs to be more consistent and focus more.

I see the "Allison as party boy Kevin Olsen 2" speculation is rapidly catching fire and becoming internet fact.

Where do you see that anywhere in this thread. Simply stated Allison isn't a stickler for details, not that hes getting DUI's and snorting cocaine.

Allison has the talent, but isn't prepared mentally. Theres a reason hes #3 , yet all of us attending the scrimmages keep telling people he looks the most talented.

You guys go ahead and run with the party boy narrative on Allison because you heard some dude who doesn't know speculate that Allison doesn't prepare. I don't know how diligent he is, and neither do you. You guys are running with this narrative because you think it's the only plausible explanation for him not running away from Rosier and Shirreffs.

Truth about Allison is he's always been a big arm guy who has never dominated on the football field. When the game starts he's always been an inaccurate guy who throws a lot of picks and not that many TDs.

This post is comical at best. Guys are really trying to dissect the qb play based upon their performance against a very talented defense who knows the offensive playbook just as well as the offense.

Just wow. Some of you are so fuqin dense

Advertisement
ShiitKowski as his teammates call him is Allison on steroids...looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.....Go look at his numbers he plays like shiit.... DOnt act like Richt is some QB whisperer..Did yall see Georgia at teh QB position his last few years? Im not pinning my hopes and dreams on that dude.... Its Nkosi or shireffs for our future. I still like Rosier this year..Id rather go down swinging then not swinging at all

Last edited:

So now a guy with a girlfriend who goes on a boat occasionally can't play QB. CIS is pure gold. College and NFL record books and championships are littered with crazy QBs who drank, smoked and caroused through all hours of the night.

Allison's problems are the same he's always had. He's inaccurate and throws a lot of picks. Those are the same reasons I wasn't all that excited about him when most of CIS had the anointing oils out. They saw that height and rocket arm and boyish good looks and got all gaga.

Anyone who has ever coached or played the position will tell you how important accuracy is and how it's not an easy thing to fix. Most great QBs are born accurate.

The question soon becomes why didn't Richt recruit a JUCO QB or Grad Transfer with playing experience?

A steady hand would lead this team to 10 wins and it's readily apparent that we don't have that at this point.

Advertisement
ShiitKowski as his teammates call him is Allison on steroids...looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.....Go look at his numbers he plays like shiit.... DOnt act like Richt is some QB whisperer..Did yall see Georgia at teh QB position his last few years? Im not pinning my hopes and dreams on that dude.... Its Nkosi or shireffs for our future. I still like Rosier this year..Id rather go down swinging then not swinging at all

Shut up.

Sitowski will be a project when he gets here, even if he has a good senior year.

Which by the way would be his first good year ever as a quarterback

Golden has nothing to do with the present and it is a straw man argument to bring up his regime.

Fact is we don't know either way how any of these players will play in September (Perry included.)

To say the QB situations sucks doesn't really add to the conversation other than just sounding like a negative Nancy.

LOL Golden has everything to do with the present. He recruited the QBs we have on the roster. No?

You havent been paying attention to the spring, the coach, or anyone around the program if youre reserving judgement.

Plain and simple, either Perry comes in and overachieves as a Freshman or we have an 8-5, 9-4 type year.

Walton/Homer/The Defense won't be able to carry our slack all season. They barely could with Kayaa back there.

Lest we forget - at least two of our losses last year was due to really ****-poor play calling.

Period.

Lest we forget - at least two of our losses last year was due to really ****-poor play calling.

Period.

Add that to **** poor non p5 abs or a freshman being average and you have a 8-5 or 9-4 yr

Advertisement
Back