Is it really the Qbs or is it Richt's Offense?

You have two guys who shouldnt be playing for a P5 school and one who should, but isnt a stickler for details and is enjoying college life.

Richt's play calling and playbook are suspect at times, but Golden/Coley ****ed us on this one.

According to whom?
When did this become fact?
I already note the usual roundup of mopes parroting this rumor.

Don't you just love fake-*** fakkits that pretend to be in the know and have special inside info because they maybe heard some third hand rumor.

I see you met Broke.

Advertisement
It's a pro offense..experienced college qb's have problems making the reads once they get to the NFL. Stafford had major issues, especially as a freshman. I would prefer CMR would simply and go to more of a spread to simply the reads and open up the throwing lanes. Look at the struggle the K had last year.....I don't see CMR simplifying though...the O will struggle this year.

HC's biggest job anywhere, especially Miami, is to find and develop the right QB. Failure to do so will cost HC his job. Howard was tops at it, stacking them beyond his tenure. JJ did the same. Dennis ran out of QBs and has to leave. Butch only left the one(his only recruiting failure). Larry sucked at it as did everyone since. This is not UGA, Mark better have his QB on the team, coming in summer or the next class or it will not be a pleasant 4th year. He mortgaged his future giving his son the QB coach job.

Advertisement
Why are people acting like the QB and offense will suck when we haven't even played a game yet?

Richt's playcalling last year was less than exceptional. With that being said he probably was stale after not calling plays for a decade and he seemed to get better at playcalling at the end of the year. (It is debatable how much Richt was actually getting better at playcalling and how much Miami was simply playing worse defenses at the end of the year.)

Last edited:
It's a pro offense..experienced college qb's have problems making the reads once they get to the NFL. Stafford had major issues, especially as a freshman. I would prefer CMR would simply and go to more of a spread to simply the reads and open up the throwing lanes. Look at the struggle the K had last year.....I don't see CMR simplifying though...the O will struggle this year.

That offense last year featured a ton of aspects you don't see much of at all in the NFL

Advertisement

That offense last year featured a ton of aspects you don't see much of at all in the NFL

I totally disagree. What aspects and how?

Plenty of WR's running wide open last year. Plenty of running lanes for the QB to keep it and gash the defense last year.

Neither of those happened much.

Must have been Richt's fault.

Plenty of WR's running wide open last year. Plenty of running lanes for the QB to keep it and gash the defense last year.

Neither of those happened much.

Must have been Richt's fault.

Exactly... it's time to let it go. A coach cant turn a flawed QB into a winner in one season especially if he wouldve never recruited him in the 1st place. Brad Kaaya held back the potential of the offense since he's got here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back