Is it play-calling or concepts/system?....

im not as knowledgable as some others here, but here's my observation on the first question you asked...

Last year when the Rock was lit at the beginning of the game vs VT and ND, we ran the reverse pass back to the QB and wildcat respectively.. I dont know if it can be considered a reproducible factor, but it just seemed to set the team and crowd into orbit.. it also happened against Wisconsin with wildcat with Deejay before Maliks dreadful pic..also in those games Richt went with Rosier designed runs in the first drive as well, so I dont know if we necessarily have to run the ball to start the game in a traditional way...

to me vs FSU it almost seemed like that 1st possession 2 Homer runs to the A Gap with the Thomas drop set the tone for the shaky start, I believe LSU was a similar sequence and of course its followed by the shank you very much punt team..

Bottom line I think we need to be more creative at the beginning of games

Advertisement
I think the very average effectiveness of the offense is combination of all, design, play calling and lack of play diversity. Put simply, by pulling guards/tackles, counter tre, screens and TE traps, trips tight or wide, it keeps the DL from just firing off and looking to see whats happening before committing. IMO the offense is too bland and simple.

Advertisement
I think the very average effectiveness of the offense is combination of all, design, play calling and lack of play diversity. Put simply, by pulling guards/tackles, counter tre, screens and TE traps, trips tight or wide, it keeps the DL from just firing off and looking to see whats happening before committing. IMO the offense is too bland and simple.

Correct, that is why it is a very unfriendly scheme for an OL. We every rarely make the defense second guess their eyes, see ball, get ball. I'm guessing its the easiest week opposing DCs have all year.

So when people say our OL is weak, while true on some levels, its not as weak as they look. Unless you think Samford, Cuse, UL have more talent on their OL then Miami.

can you make that permament?

I could. But I won’t.

Can’t let some soy-built fruit pop like you dictate any conversations with your profound:

Duh....do you think it’s playcalling or execution? Gems after years of the same questions everyday

Advertisement
I could. But I won’t.

Can’t let some soy-built fruit pop like you dictate any conversations with your profound:

Duh....do you think it’s playcalling or execution? Gems after years of the same questions everyday

lol, the irony of this coming from you. But did you wave bye?

But thanks for reading, as always

It’s no question the scheme. There’s no motion, no creativity, & no misdirection. Give Lincoln Riley this team we’re playing Bama in the national title.
LOL HAHAHA. Or you can give Richt the Heisman winner/5* game experienced QB and an Oline that is consistently one of the best in CFB and lets see what he can do.

Not bagging Riley, but lets not act like the situations are at all comparable. Dude walked into a gift situation after what Stoops built. What did our dude walk into?

LOL HAHAHA. Or you can give Richt the Heisman winner/5* game experienced QB and an Oline that is consistently one of the best in CFB and lets see what he can do.

Not bagging Riley, but lets not act like the situations are at all comparable. Dude walked into a gift situation after what Stoops built. What did our dude walk into?

Playing in the Big 12 helps, too. With that said, Riley is very innovative, I'm a fan of his stuff

lol, the irony of this coming from you. But did you wave bye?

But thanks for reading, as always
Some “I know you are but what am I ****”

You’re awful.

You’re lucky I saved this abortion of a thread.

Advertisement
It’s no question the scheme. There’s no motion, no creativity, & no misdirection. Give Lincoln Riley this team we’re playing Bama in the national title.

Didn’t someone nickname you 9er the slant eyed whiner?

You’re the same guy right?

Some “I know you are but what am I ****”

You’re awful.

You’re lucky I saved this abortion of a thread.

No. an abortion is what your parents decided on with you ( ohhhhh, snap!!)

Anyways, thanks for dropping by

Advertisement
Playing in the Big 12 helps, too. With that said, Riley is very innovative, I'm a fan of his stuff
You can do whatever you want as a playcaller and innovator when you have AMAZING OLINE and AMAZING QB play, and as you said, plays in a conference that they don't play D.

U mad, bro?
Did you just blow a fuse?

It all makes sense now.

Bro I didn’t realize I was picking on a mental midget. My bad man, you really DO think this is a good topic to bring up.

Enjoy your day, friend. And leave your helmet where you can find it again next time.

Advertisement
Back