Is it play-calling or concepts/system?....

Jeff Thomas having 16 offensive touches thru 6 games is downright criminal. Guy should be touching the ball 6-8 times a game minimum.

Miami has 6 important games left in the regular season, if he doesn't touch it offensively 30 times in those games the OC has failed plain and simple.
richt should have 6-8 plays a game designed just to get Thomas and DJ the ball in the open field .in fact we have several weapons that we could do that away as well keep defense guessing.

Advertisement
The problem I have is we pretend the issues we have dont happen at other schools. Not everyone recruits OL like BAMA. Some schools have similar issues we have but they scheme around it. They get the ball into their playmakers hands in a variety of ways and keep teams off balance. CMR is depending on the team to just out skill everyone and we dont have the talent for that. And we may never have the pure talent to just show up and win like we use to. We need a coach!

“As ESPN’s Dan Orlovsky, the former NFL backup quarterback said Saturday, and as I stated in a column two weeks ago, more motion is needed in UM’s offense.

“They are stationary before the snap,” Orlovsky said. “If you are not using presnap motions, you’re behind the times.”

Orlovsky went another step, adding the Hurricanes “have to hire someone who is on the cutting edge of offensive innovation.”

Advertisement
“As ESPN’s Dan Orlovsky, the former NFL backup quarterback said Saturday, and as I stated in a column two weeks ago, more motion is needed in UM’s offense.

“They are stationary before the snap,” Orlovsky said. “If you are not using presnap motions, you’re behind the times.”

Orlovsky went another step, adding the Hurricanes “have to hire someone who is on the cutting edge of offensive innovation.”

Can we get him for AD? At least he gets it

Can you remember the last time a commentator was that blunt in his assessment of play-calling/system?

That made watching this latest quagmire worthwhile...

I think our mass substitution philosophy is a big reason for this problem.

Agreed. There’s no reason on Earth to substitute as much as we do. Especially on the OL where there’s something to be said about continuity, which breeds consistency. I also concur that we can run the same routes per say, but change up the formations you run them out of to throw off the defense some. Why we don’t get our RB’s out in to space bewilders me. Screens, throws into the flats, anything that would put them 1-1 against a LB. we’d win that battle 90% of the time, especially with the WR’s blocking down field. I also believe that if you get some easy throws in and spread the ball around doing so, you can keep the wideouts and TE’s engaged in the flow and ebb of the game. After chunking it downfield 35+ yards and coming up empty handed means JT and Co. just don’t wish to play that hard particularly when we aren’t moving the ball with any resemblance of consistency. Get them involved more so and watch their intensity rise.

Advertisement
Back