Is D’Eriq King really stepping up his competition?

This is a thread about D’Eriq King.

If you want to revisit this tired argument, and type the word “Evaluations” as if it is a new insight, we can do it in September. That’s when the NFL rosters are released. I suspect we will continue to rank among the elite programs in the nation despite having “mediocre talent” for a decade.
QP thinks we’ve had good roster talent, yet despite being asked over and over, he refuses to discuss actual roster ralent, just posts ‘nfl lists’ and then trolls the discussion without engaging.

What do you think the relevance is to our actual game talent of empty scholarships beyond what most teams have? Of lack of depth and inexperience? Of unbalanced position groups, and roster holes including often on the LOS? Of terrible QBs?

Also, why pretend this is just about King? You start thread after thread about UM nfl talent over a long time, then now start a thread about coastal division weakness right after others have pointed out and discussed that this draft flies in the face of your nfl talent theories and threads. When asked about it you claim this is ‘just’ a King thread? Come on man.

Advertisement
QP thinks we’ve had good roster talent, yet despite being asked over and over, he refuses to discuss actual roster ralent, just posts ‘nfl lists’ and then trolls the discussion without engaging.

QP doesn’t accept NFL lists, or recruiting rankings, or any other objective measure.

He simply posts the word “Evaluations,” as if he discovered this concept, followed by an essay bereft of any statistical support.

This is a thread about D’Eriq King and his transition from AAC to ACC Coastal. While our chats may stay at the forefront of your mind, they do not for me. There are more important things going on, such as the addition of a 50 TD QB to our roster. Let’s talk about that instead of copying and pasting our old posts.

I projected him as being significantly more productive.

Definitely passing for more than 3100yds & 35-40TD's, plus a good 600-700+yards rushing with 7-10TD's.
This would be fantastic, and no reason King shouldn't be as much or more productive this year at Miami given the weak schedule and weapons at his disposal. Diaz shouldn't be given an extension by James if he wins 10 or more games this year but that will probably happen.

Only seven non-Miami players drafted from the ACC Coastal. The AAC had 17.

ACC had a down year for NFL draft picks, but that will change big time next year. Just in the Coastal division..Duke and Pittsburgh will have very good DL’s.

Lots of bigtime talent poised for 2021 draft:

Trevor Lawrence
Travis Etienne
Justyn Ross
Greg Rousseau
Brevin Jordan
Marvin Wilson
Tamarron Terry
Chris Rumph
Quincy Roche
Hamsah Nasirildeen
Victor Dimukeje
Caleb Farley
Jaylen Twyman
Patrick Jones

His completion percentage doesn’t bother me bc of how great of an athlete he is. Idc what level he played at. He’s an angle eraser. He’s the best athlete on our roster. Lashlee will get guys open for him and when they aren’t, he excels in scramble drills. You have to be brain dead to not be foaming at the mouth to watch this kid play for us this fall.

Advertisement
Advertisement
QP doesn’t accept NFL lists, or recruiting rankings, or any other objective measure.

He simply posts the word “Evaluations,” as if he discovered this concept, followed by an essay bereft of any statistical support.

This is a thread about D’Eriq King and his transition from AAC to ACC Coastal. While our chats may stay at the forefront of your mind, they do not for me. There are more important things going on, such as the addition of a 50 TD QB to our roster. Let’s talk about that instead of copying and pasting our old posts.
Lol. Anytime you wanna talk about roster talent more in depth than just looking at nfl lists, cool.

as for King, I’m excited. We have not had a legit qb since dorsey.

The battles coming out of spring are Ousman Traore v. Jalen Rivers at LG and Kai’leon Herbert v. Zion Nelson at RT.

LT is Campbell, C is Gaynor and RG is Scaife.
Where do you see reed, donaldson and clark in the mix?

Where do you see reed, donaldson and clark in the mix?

Reed has some athleticism and height issues. Depth for now although he is strong.

Between the knee injury and the lockdown, I worry about Donaldson’s health. He needs to lose weight for the sake of his future. I hope he redshirts because he has a tough road to play this year.

Clark is the backup C to Gaynor. I wonder if they want to redshirt him. He is good enough to play but I suspect they want more size at G.

Advertisement
Reed has some athleticism and height issues. Depth for now although he is strong.

Between the knee injury and the lockdown, I worry about Donaldson’s health. He needs to lose weight for the sake of his future. I hope he redshirts because he has a tough road to play this year.

Clark is the backup C to Gaynor. I wonder if they want to redshirt him. He is good enough to play but I suspect they want more size at G.
That makes sense but is depressing. Donaldson may have regressed moe than any kid I can recall the past decade.

Come on now just a few years ago the ACC had the most draft picks of any conference. Last few years have been bad, but you also had a **** ton of turnover in the coaching dept of almost every ACC team.

The SEC has led in draft picks for 14 years straight. Some of those years the ACC was third or fourth.

The ACC was 4th last year and 5th this year.

Advertisement
And the caveat with King is that he'll have more weapons at Miami than he's ever had at Houston.

You take King, put him in Lashlee's SMU-Air Raid/Auburn-Arkansas run game offense, give him our RB stable, the WR group full of 4-stars & two highly athletic TE's & that's a top 25 offense on scheme alone.

Aside from UVA who lost their best DB's, what Defense in the Coastal even has enough horses to slow down that Offense? And UVA at their best still couldn't beat a poorly coached Enox offense with Perry at the helm, wtf are they gonna do with an electric dynamic talent like King coached by an uptempo high octane minded Lashlee?

Whenever we do play this year, I buying high on us winning, Idc about how bad we've been in the past & what the odds may say.

If he does meet his potential, it'll still be a flash in the pan season. We don't have a QB behind him who has his abilities. Assuming we play in Fall 2020, I think we should have a successful season, and then we will quickly be brought back down to earth in 2021 (See 2017 to 2018).

He’ll be playing
Mich st
Florida st

Yeah it’ll be an upgrade in talent consistently through the season.. not the two cupcakes before facing a tough navy/temple match up
That Michigan State team is horrendous and I don't get why everyone keeps mentioning fspoo like they're good. It's the equivalent of them mentioning us. Right now none of the three are good football teams.

This schedule is trash, King and Lashlee as a tandem are a steep upgrade over what we've had (knock on wood)

If Manny can't produce a good season with this schedule, UM should be in the market for a new coach.
U good brother?

Advertisement
Back