Is D’Eriq King really stepping up his competition?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Temple had more draft picks than both of those schools combined.
Exactly.

that temple game would have been the game of the year for the Houston program.. for us it should be a win no matter what.

expectations are higher here... the quality of talent around him is higher here.. and that means he won’t have any lesser cupcakes besides Wagner that were inferior

Advertisement
I had this argument with people on here a few months back in my Lashlee/King thread.

The idea that there's some big gap in competition between Miami & the G5 schools is a myth, I mean could it be even more clearer than what happened when we played CMU, FIU & La Tech?

King even as a G5 QB is light years ahead of any QB we've had in the last decade, HS rankings be damned.

The competition he faced at Houston is not much different than what he'll playing here at Miami. There's not one team on our schedule that has an above 50% Blue chip ratio except for FSU, who had the King of Corches Taggart leading them.

I mean, does anybody who's not a completely blind homer really think the 2019 Hurricanes would've beat UCF, Memphis, SMU & Cincinnati? Boise St & San Diego St would've rolled our *** had we played them last year.

That's why I've been so high on the Lashlee/King combo since getting here, the two of them with our stacked DLine is enough to get us a 10 wins & coastal title easy. Even Manny for his faults & mishaps couldn't fúck that up if he simply gets out of Lash's way & lets him run his offense.

If it wasn't for this God forsaken Wuhan virus we'd be in prime position to have a very good season with how weak our schedule is overall. Unfortunately, it's looking like the season will probably be pushed back a few months, so who TF knows how any of this will turn out.

Advertisement
And the caveat with King is that he'll have more weapons at Miami than he's ever had at Houston.

You take King, put him in Lashlee's SMU-Air Raid/Auburn-Arkansas run game offense, give him our RB stable, the WR group full of 4-stars & two highly athletic TE's & that's a top 25 offense on scheme alone.

Aside from UVA who lost their best DB's, what Defense in the Coastal even has enough horses to slow down that Offense? And UVA at their best still couldn't beat a poorly coached Enox offense with Perry at the helm, wtf are they gonna do with an electric dynamic talent like King coached by an uptempo high octane minded Lashlee?

Whenever we do play this year, I buying high on us winning, Idc about how bad we've been in the past & what the odds may say.

Advertisement
I think the talent level of ACC & AAC teams are closer recently than people would think. Especially recently when the AAC has been up, and ACC has been down.

But I don't think there's any argument that the ACC is a step up in talent.

I had this argument with people on here a few months back in my Lashlee/King thread.

The idea that there's some big gap in competition between Miami & the G5 schools is a myth, I mean could it be even more clearer than what happened when we played CMU, FIU & La Tech?

King even as a G5 QB is light years ahead of any QB we've had in the last decade, HS rankings be damned.

The competition he faced at Houston is not much different than what he'll playing here at Miami. There's not one team on our schedule that has an above 50% Blue chip ratio except for FSU, who had the King of Corches Taggart leading them.

I mean, does anybody who's not a completely blind homer really think the 2019 Hurricanes would've beat UCF, Memphis, SMU & Cincinnati? Boise St & San Diego St would've rolled our *** had we played them last year.

That's why I've been so high on the Lashlee/King combo since getting here, the two of them with our stacked DLine is enough to get us a 10 wins & coastal title easy. Even Manny for his faults & mishaps couldn't fúck that up if he simply gets out of Lash's way & lets him run his offense.

If it wasn't for this God forsaken Wuhan virus we'd be in prime position to have a very good season with how weak our schedule is overall. Unfortunately, it's looking like the season will probably be pushed back a few months, so who TF knows how any of this will turn out.

Bro u spot on with this one. I told ppl last year FAU would beat miami by minnimum 14 points and ppl thought i was crazy.

Advertisement
Back