Is ANOTHER Hurricane billionaire donor (and player!) about to be minted?

Can you please provide evidence of this? I'm not saying you're wrong, but from what I've read on 3rd party sites (skimmed tbh) it's 100% blue weber agave, small batch, handmade in homemade copper pots, 100% sustainable, family-owned local distillery, organic materials... etc.

Yeah, trust me, I know... a lot of marketing words that can be dicey, but it's a strong accusation, so I'd like to know for sure. You knew about the CM Diageo acquisition, so I have a feeling you know what you speak of. Thanks.
So tequila making is kind of interesting. Technically there are legal requirements for something to be called tequila - it must use only 100% blue agave, must be harvested and cooked and distilled in Jalisco, etc - but it allows for up to 1% by volume in additives. So all the organic and blue agave stuff can be true AND they can add to it (it's mostly a slurry of vanilla spiced agave syrup that is caramel colored). For the record, "small batch" is a generally meaningless term as there's no minimum or maximum to the number of barrels used in a batch so basically anything - even a single barrel release - can be called small batch. Sustainability is kind of the name of the game in agave farming and tequila making in general and a lot of makers are on the bandwagon (some are such small producers, they were "green" before it was even a buzzword) - it's just an efficient use of the resources (pulp fibers given to livestock, etc).

Every tequila has a number on the bottle. This is its NOM (Norma Oficial Mexicana) of origin, or the actual location where the juice is harvested and distilled. Some distilleries produce multiple brands. These NOMs suggest a certain standard in the tequila they are making (the craftsmanship of the master distiller, whether a diffuser is used, cooking methods, type and size of still, etc). Originally, Teremana was intended to be produced at NOM 1416, which makes Avion and Alacran and Campo Azul and others - all of which are fine but generally of a mass produced quality and definitely includes additives. There was a last minute change and a new distillery (NOM 1613) was built just for Teremana. I think this was a smart move overall as quality control can be tighter when it's isolated from other brands. And, they made the choice of employing a copper pot still vs 1416's stainless pot still with a copper coil. (I'm not sure about a few other potential changes, such as whether it's still open air fermentation). But generally, a number of the associated tequila professionals remained involved through the creation of and transition to the new distillery. From what I understand, they all only worked on tequila with additives. Furthermore, the ownership of 1613 and 1416 are the same, despite listing two different corporations, as the addresses listed of each are exactly the same (here's the Teremana Corporation's address and here's Campo Azul's address).

But beyond that, you can absolutely tell when something has additives. Like I said, it's still tasty in the way that Casamigos and Clase Azul and Cincoro are tasty - but that's because they're closer to tequila liqueurs than tequila spirit. There's a prominent vanilla sweetness that is a hallmark of this. That sweet vanilla flavor profile, when produced naturally, comes from the oak aging and tends to be a more subtle characteristic and not necessarily the lead guitar in the band until you reach ultra añejo age. And because it's from the aging, you wouldn't find it as prominent in blancos or reposados as you would in añejos - and when found there's generally a dry tannic component that comes along with it. Also, the additives tend to hide some of the green vegetal flavors that are naturally found in quality distilled agave so the absence or muting of that profile is another indicator. I much prefer the natural non-additive stuff - more complex and interesting flavors, and far less chance of a hangover - and generally don't bother with the additive stuff.

Also, tequilamatchmaker is a great site for a lot of info and they do their own research to certify whether a tequila is produced without additives. Teremana is not certified as such.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He does rep Miami often and whenever he can. Would love to see him as the Gameday guest the next time Miami has a huge home game, or the ACCCG, or NC.

And involvment in NIL deals for Canes.

Also, didn’t he play against Mario in practice? Mario played 89-91, Rock 90-94.
He needs to get Blades Jr into acting. Dude is very charismatic.

pass out turner classic movies GIF by FilmStruck

Advertisement
I don’t know their personal affairs, but isn’t she also a Cane, his manager and a close business partner?
Yes....she has her own money. She has been his manager in the past and they have several businesses together that includes production company and the tequila business. She has been CEO for different places and investor. She is worth almost 100 mill. They met at the U...she graduated with Business degree
Its pretty well known and they are always doing new business ventures...and both are remarried.

Not his endorsement of Biden.

Really wish he'd stayed out of the political arena in the 2020 election cycle. Didn't need to go there. Dude is big enough and un-cancellable—but that Hollywood pressure to pick the "right" side was too much to resist.

Glad he's grown a pair and backed off since—verbal in his backing of Joe Rogan last week as the cancel-culture mob looks to take out another.
One only hates when celebs get into politics when It doesn’t reflect their views.

It’s “smooth” because it’s got additives galore. Similar to Casamigos after being sold to Diageo. It’s low proof and mixed with sweeteners and vanilla and spices, making it tasty and easy to drink like a ****tail. If that’s what you want in a tequila, then get the Kirkland from Costco at a fraction of the price.

If interested in legit tequila, I recommend trying El Tesoro, Tequila Ocho, Fortaleza, Cascahuin, G4… you’d be surprised at the range of flavors you’ll find.
I love the Rock and hope he makes 20 billion from that tequila

But the drink itself sucks

If he’s gonna run for President he better dissapear for a few months. He really stepped on his d*ck with his Biden endorsement and pull back of his Rogan support. Plenty of videos and tweets from him popping up about racist and trans remarks, etc.
If this world wasn't what it previously was known as I'd agree one hundred percent. However this version of America has been made great again apparently. Lol. After years of trump and grabbing them in the pussi and fake news nothing Duane(a dude widely loved by the way) could do to offend like that. Thats what social media has done for everyone's own personal causes. Everyone's cause makes them a victim now and heaven forbid we see it for what it is and don't support. That's why I'm always gonna be me. While I respect people's opinions that don't mean I personally give a fvck about em...

Advertisement
Remember he got divorced, so presumably, Dani got half his fortune.
While he got divorced that hasn't affected his business life at all. She's his manager and partner in everything he does. She writes scripts for him and everything. I remember when she was working at Merrill Lynch building **** for him while still in school. That relationship from a business perspective will never change.

Can you please provide evidence of this? I'm not saying you're wrong, but from what I've read on 3rd party sites (skimmed tbh) it's 100% blue weber agave, small batch, handmade in homemade copper pots, 100% sustainable, family-owned local distillery, organic materials... etc.

Yeah, trust me, I know... a lot of marketing words that can be dicey, but it's a strong accusation, so I'd like to know for sure. You knew about the CM Diageo acquisition, so I have a feeling you know what you speak of. Thanks.
Everyone knew about that diageo acquisition. They buy everything out. Easily 85% of the major liquors we drink in this world are owned and operated by diageo...

hes a billionaire already and if he ever sells that liquor or his energy drinks its gonnna be a tevs billions. still dont mean he gonna do what Ruiz or what texas A M boosters doing. and Ruiz started a new company compared to texas A M who have car dealerships and a bunch of other companies where he can throw money like crazy and back it up. still Ruiz has so far passed the 2 million mark so far.

lets say if Rock did this he could pay what he wants. cause he has companies.

If he’s gonna run for President he better dissapear for a few months. He really stepped on his d*ck with his Biden endorsement and pull back of his Rogan support. Plenty of videos and tweets from him popping up about racist and trans remarks, etc.
Huh The Rock is a Dem the only reason to be embarrassed was of his support of rogan. A$M will never be touched the stories I got on my time there is untouched on how the do business

If this world wasn't what it previously was known as I'd agree one hundred percent. However this version of America has been made great again apparently. Lol. After years of trump and grabbing them in the pussi and fake news nothing Duane(a dude widely loved by the way) could do to offend like that. Thats what social media has done for everyone's own personal causes. Everyone's cause makes them a victim now and heaven forbid we see it for what it is and don't support. That's why I'm always gonna be me. While I respect people's opinions that don't mean I personally give a fvck about em...
I agree with most of what you just said. Idc about tweets and posts from 10 years ago, I was just making the point.

I can compartmentalise. I get what I want out of people. If you’re my favorite actor or coach, idc if you cheat on your wife or your taxes. You’re there to entertain me. Period. I don’t look up to you as a person. I treat my politicians the same.

But this isn’t a non issue. It’s a highly contested issue. A lines been drawn in the sand. You can be widely loved, but once you enter that realm, all that goes out the window. He essentially just failed adding and subtracting 101, while supposedly claiming he’s a math professor.

Advertisement
Everyone knew about that diageo acquisition. They buy everything out. Easily 85% of the major liquors we drink in this world are owned and operated by diageo...

Yay bud I am aware. I've done biz with Diageo. Actually know one of the key people in the CM deal too. I was asking about his statement that the Rock's tequila was full of low-grade additives.

Last edited:
Huh The Rock is a Dem the only reason to be embarrassed was of his support of rogan. A$M will never be touched the stories I got on my time there is untouched on how the do business
I know he is. But he can’t win the dem nomination unless he disavows Rogan. Idk that he’s as bad a lib as it would take to win that nom.

And he deftly worked his way out of the Rogan stuff by falling on his sword and might even get a bump off it. He's being lauded for it right now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back