Is an OC being pursued?

There are tons of good OC's out there that would be chomping at the bit to run their scheme with our talent.

Unfortunately we won't even interview any of them. Next season will be more of the same and maybe by this time next year some real heat will come down from Frenk and Co.
I’m with you and if it gets to that point I think frenk will have richt find a new OC/Qb coach ... like I said before somewhere on here if we look like dog schit coming off 2 weeks prepping, I feel like changes will be made sooner than later

Advertisement
If Rick is going to get offensive support next year (it won’t happen this year it’s too late for that) he will go with one of his Georgia buddies. Neil Callaway or Mike Bobo are 2 guys he would trust turning the O over to.

They would be my picks if he does anything at all.. He might also try to also get John Lilly for the staff even though Lilly turned him down last time.

If Rick is going to get offensive support next year (it won’t happen this year it’s too late for that) he will go with one of his Georgia buddies. Neil Callaway or Mike Bobo are 2 guys he would trust turning the O over to.

They would be my picks if he does anything at all.. He might also try to also get John Lilly for the staff even though Lilly turned him down last time.
Bobo is HC at Colorado State, don't think he'll leave for OC unless fired. Just looked up his record, he's 3-4 but 2-1 in Conference; NOT that I want him. Just hopefully, he's out by default.

We will bring in a couple guys for interviews, they will not agree to idly sitting by and watching Richt still call plays and his kid coach the QBs. They will leave after spending a week here, and we will say something like "they were here for a consultation." They showed Mark an idea of a modern offense, and he taught them his playbook full of plays that still work 30 years later, if and only if every single man on the field executes his role perfectly.

Advertisement
Pressure huh?

First off, there HAS TO BE an ON FIELD coaching position available to hire an offensive coordinator. Even if someone won the lottery & donated 100 million to the program, he can't just hire an OC without that opening available.

Let's not even go down the "if he moves Jon to a different position" road. That is not happening. Its not me being negative or complaining about Jon again. Yes it makes perfect sense to everyone in the world. But he's NOT demoting Jon. "But what if he's being pressured to". By who? The same people who agreed to Jon being on his staff to get cmr to sign the contract in the first place? Again, no.

"Searels replacement can be oc." Yeah.. Because fixing our O-line while implementing a new play book & calling plays is an attractive walk in the park. He'd also have to HOPE that his boss's son has figured out how to coach QBs so his play calling can be effective. We have no reason to believe cmr is even planning to move on from Searels. So..

I want an offensive coordinator just as much as the rest of you. But without the ON FIELD opening, it can't happen. And so far we have no reason to believe cmr has any intention of creating that opening.

Advertisement

Oh god I hope not

Advertisement
The only possibility, (pipe dream really) is that he gives up playcalling let’s Dugans and Brown be co-oc’s and have Dugans call the plays.... oh wait i just woke back up

Ah, no thanks. I rather the blow up the entire O and start from scratch instead of hiring unqualified people from within. We tried that with Randy, how’d that work out.

Advertisement
I’m with you and if it gets to that point I think frenk will have richt find a new OC/Qb coach ... like I said before somewhere on here if we look like dog schit coming off 2 weeks prepping, I feel like changes will be made sooner than later

It’s almost a certainty we’ll come out looking like **** on offense. We’ve looked poor vs every P5 we faced. It’s not going to change in 2 weeks. There zero chance there is a OC hired mid-season, I don’t think I’ve even heard of that happening before. There maybe a 1% chance we get one during the off-season.

Pressure huh?

First off, there HAS TO BE an ON FIELD coaching position available to hire an offensive coordinator. Even if someone won the lottery & donated 100 million to the program, he can't just hire an OC without that opening available.

Let's not even go down the "if he moves Jon to a different position" road. That is not happening. Its not me being negative or complaining about Jon again. Yes it makes perfect sense to everyone in the world. But he's NOT demoting Jon. "But what if he's being pressured to". By who? The same people who agreed to Jon being on his staff to get cmr to sign the contract in the first place? Again, no.

"Searels replacement can be oc." Yeah.. Because fixing our O-line while implementing a new play book & calling plays is an attractive walk in the park. He'd also have to HOPE that his boss's son has figured out how to coach QBs so his play calling can be effective. We have no reason to believe cmr is even planning to move on from Searels. So..

I want an offensive coordinator just as much as the rest of you. But without the ON FIELD opening, it can't happen. And so far we have no reason to believe cmr has any intention of creating that opening.

I believe this to be 100% true...
all of sudden don’t feel well.. I’m going to go throw up now.

Paul Dee's legacy will forever be not securing the Orange Bowl. That needed to be done in the 90's and wasn't. Not to mention he was complicit in the Pell Grant scandal that almost killed the football program entirely.

You are forgetting the biggest thing, he was a gator. Let’s see, we hire a gator for General Counsel and AD: we have the biggest scandal in history, lose the holiest site in college football, he licks into Butch Davis because the coaches he wanted to hire told him to drop dead, and then gets pushed into hiring Coker but makes up for it buy hiring Randy.

Advertisement
Back