Tears Irish Tears

Boston Celtics Basketball GIF by NBC Sports Boston

Boston Celtics Basketball GIF by NBC Sports Boston

Boston Celtics Basketball GIF by NBC Sports Boston

Boston Celtics Basketball GIF by NBC Sports Boston

Boston Celtics Basketball GIF by NBC Sports Boston
 
As much as I would love beating them, our focus really should be winning the acc this year. If you told me we go 12-1 this year with the only loss to ND and a guaranteed playoff spot, I’d take it.
 
As much as I would love beating them, our focus really should be winning the acc this year. If you told me we go 12-1 this year with the only loss to ND and a guaranteed playoff spot, I’d take it.


Hey, that's an undefeated season by F$U standards...
 
Got?

Miami is responsible for scheduling 3 of its 12 games. One of those three is against Notre Dame.

Notre Dame is responsible for scheduling 12 of its 12 games. One of those twelve is against Miami.
technicially that is the ACC scheduling agreement rotation to be fair, but you know we would schedule them every year if they would sign ala Clemson who does have a deal outside of the ACC to play them more
 
technicially that is the ACC scheduling agreement rotation to be fair, but you know we would schedule them every year if they would sign ala Clemson who does have a deal outside of the ACC to play them more


But if we weren't playing Notre Dame this year, it would be another P4 team.

Again, the issue is that 9 of our 12 games are outside of our control, and it's not right for people to try to blame Miami for having a somewhat lesser strength of schedule. We can't change conferences every few years just to improve our SOS.

At least ND could do anything it wants to improve its own SOS. I don't think there's a P4 team that would turn down a home-and-home with ND.
 
I'll never get tired of reposting this:

2025 Common Opponents
Head to head: Miami
NC State: Miami 41-7 Notre Dame 36-7
Pittsburgh: Miami 38-7 Notre Dame 37-15
Syracuse: Notre Dame 70-7 (walk on QB) Miami 38-10
Stanford: Miami 42-7 Notre Dame 49-20
Texas A&M: Miami 10-3 Notre Dame 40-41 (L)
Ohio State: Miami 24-14 Notre Dame 23-34 (L) (Technically played in 2025)
 
We better destroy them because those refs are going to do everything in their power to make them win. Last year in Miami they were terrible. Imagine in there house.
That is correct to say the least. I remember the game so well in 1988 that I attended at ND that the refs rob of us the National Championship. As the refs made a horrible call at the goal line with Cleveland Gary and we lost 31-30. That and the debacle in AZ against OSU are my two worst Canes memories where we were robbed by the crooked officials. Mario MUST pour it on and do not give the chance for the officials to determine the outcome. GO CANES!
 
Back
Top