IPF - 1.2M remains to fund

Stop posting. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Don’t you have a kitchen job to finish for @Tad Footeball? I heard he’s not too happy about that cheap Chinese dry wall you scammed him on.

By the way, you need to educate yourself about how Miami is a not-for-profit before you go on another ridiculous mind numbing screed that shows your total ignorance.

By the way, I tried to not use curse words to offend you.

Original your weakness is your PRIDE you Waller in it you love it you thrive on it , it consumes you.

PRIDE keeps on constant alert to stick your chest out , you think your a leader your NOT.

BECAUSE YOU DON’T BRING ANYONE WITH YOU , YOUR PRIDE DOESN’T ALLOW YOU TO ACCEPT HUMILITY.

You think your like the DRUM MAJOR ON FAMU BAND , with head WAY WAY BACK WITH PRIDE.

Look everything I say you keep in your gut it eats at you then you vomit it up to prove yourself your PRIDE at work.

ME I’M A SINNER WHOM STRUGGLES IN ALL THINGS .

I ACKNOWLEDGED IT , YOUR SCARED OF IT.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Having an unfinished IPF for however many years while it awaits funding won't be a good look.

Our rivals are sure to use that eyesore against us.

Sarcasm

You would think the major money maker football besides tuition who funds basically everything , when it needs to blow some coin on itself wouldn't have to go to boosters ?

I just find it hard to hear being short for years constantly yet other areas of the school has no problem in getting funds from football. Im guess we'll be hearing this for another year as football tickets , jersey's , hats and so on sells let alone TV ACC contracts yet we have to beg from boosters and other sources.

Pay this thing off and get lazy boosters and fans if you will to help , just hard to understand we got the bucks but don't do anything because it must be booster funded while money flows in from football and can't / won't use it ???

GOCANES

Do you know how many club seats you would need to pay for to equal just one semesters worth of tuition? Tuition the school needs to keep as low as possible in order to make college even remotely affordable. Raise tuition too much and there are no students. No University. Nothing.

Expecting the school to just win consistently without fan contributions (outside of ticket sales) is just entitlement. Pure and simple.

Advertisement
I love the rush to give your hard earned money to a school with a $B endowment they choose to not use for certain purposes..... **** no

As I said up top, that's up to you.
Just like you choose not to, I choose to do so.
No reason to throw out a "****no" like you're all ****ed off about it.

I love the rush to give your hard earned money to a school with a $B endowment they choose to not use for certain purposes..... **** no

I gave $50 plus my family and I have been season ticket holders since the 80s... That being said, a part of me is a little in disbelief that we are still short of the $34m, especially when Richt and the Soffers put in $15m. How the **** have they not been able to raise $19m?? You gotta keep in mind that this is Miami!! Money disappears in this town like you wouldn't believe, especially when there's construction involved! Not saying conclusively whether that is the case here but its hard to give folks the benefit of the doubt in this corrupt town!

I gave $50 plus my family and I have been season ticket holders since the 80s... That being said, a part of me is a little in disbelief that we are still short of the $34m, especially when Richt and the Soffers put in $15m. How the **** have they not been able to raise $19m?? You gotta keep in mind that this is Miami!! Money disappears in this town like you wouldn't believe, especially when there's construction involved! Not saying conclusively whether that is the case here but its hard to give folks the benefit of the doubt in this corrupt town!

Or...
You have a lot of dudes like Juancane who believe Miami has more money than God. and choose not to give.

Advertisement

They haven’t reached their goal because not enough people have donated.

It’s not complicated.

And people that say this is Miami, look at all the people with money, etc. These people just don’t get Miami. They don’t get the people that have money in Miami and their relationship to football.

They also don’t get the incredibly sad number of ignorant fans we have, some posting here in this thread, actively encouraging others not to donate, or proudly proclaiming how “fūck, no” they’re not going to donate.

Or...
You have a lot of dudes like Juancane who believe Miami has more money than God. and choose not to give.

Miami's endowment is relatively paltry, but even if that weren't the case, historically, the money wouldn't be going towards football. The shift in Miami's budgeting priorities that Richt and Frenk have accomplished is unprecedented at The U and nothing short of a miracle.

Counting on uncle Luke!! But if not why not a $2.00 surcharge on each football game ticket. Its almost unnoticeable, it can even stay there permanently for future upgrades and other facility improvements.

I don't mind and that would be great. A beer costs more.

It would be even better IF/When ever we finally start filling up the Rock for every game

Advertisement
Shalala raised $2.5 billion over the past two campaigns. UM's endowment is no longer paltry. Their endowment is top-50, and there are thousands of universities in this country. School is now entrenched in the top-50 and ranked higher than UF academically.

Shalala raised $2.5 billion over the past two campaigns. UM's endowment is no longer paltry. Their endowment is top-50, and there are thousands of universities in this country. School is now entrenched in the top-50 and ranked higher than UF academically.

Can you provide the source you are citing? Per Wikipedia and US News, UM's endowment is under $1bn, which would put them outside of the Top 100 schools with the largest endowments.

You would think the major money maker football besides tuition who funds basically everything , when it needs to blow some coin on itself wouldn't have to go to boosters ?

I just find it hard to hear being short for years constantly yet other areas of the school has no problem in getting funds from football. Im guess we'll be hearing this for another year as football tickets , jersey's , hats and so on sells let alone TV ACC contracts yet we have to beg from boosters and other sources.

Pay this thing off and get lazy boosters and fans if you will to help , just hard to understand we got the bucks but don't do anything because it must be booster funded while money flows in from football and can't / won't use it ???

GOCANES

G05 What many seem to forget is that Miami is 1st and foremost an academic institution. YES it raises millions each year but the vast majority $$$ of it goes to supporting the University's academic & research side. That is standard operating procedure at most other institutions of higher learning. The University President is responsible for overlooking and budgeting for 80 plus departments, programs and interdisciplinary studies including the Athletic Dept.

Universities do not exist to support football & sports. Sports are considered extra-curricular. Most Universities provide the basics are far as facilities go. Things like the IPF are generally outside of the budget and require funding from outside sources. The football program, similar to most other programs, is responsible for raising its own money above and beyond its normal allocation from the University.

Not even the universities that are regarded as football factories DO NOT generally allocate huge sums/ or %'s to their sports department above and beyond its other departments and programs in the University. They get their extra $$ for additional facilities from alums and outside donors. Schools like Bama, UF, FSU, Clemson and OSU receive large blocks of State funding that dwarf the amounts Miami is able to generate, combined with what they receive from far larger alumni base. In addition, they have innumerable fans most of whom NEVER attended the University that donate to the athletic program. So they have a two-fold advantage. Freeloaders are a dime a dozen...fans go to games, and cotribute something however small to the Sports program. The Bama fans that never attended the University that do contribute are actual parts of the program. They have a vested interest in its success.

For Miami to compete on a long term sustainable basis without state funding, and without a large alumni base, Miami MUST ALSO be able to get $$$ from its fans & donors who never attended the University. Just like these larger Universities. Can't afford to give anything now, fine, it gets tight sometimes...but when someone tries to discourage others from giving, no real fan would ever do that. So when I hear someone say..Contribute $ to Miami? F@ck that!! They are basically saying F@ck the Miami Hurricanes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
G05 What many seem to forget is that Miami is 1st and foremost an academic institution. YES it raises millions each year but the vast majority $$$ of it goes to supporting the University's academic & research side. That is standard operating procedure at most other institutions of higher learning. The University President is responsible for overlooking and budgeting for 80 plus departments, programs and interdisciplinary studies including the Athletic Dept.

Universities do not exist to support football & sports. Sports are considered extra-curricular. Most Universities provide the basics are far as facilities go. Things like the IPF are generally outside of the budget and require funding from outside sources. The football program, similar to most other programs, is responsible for raising its own money above and beyond its normal allocation from the University.

Not even the universities that are regarded as football factories DO NOT generally allocate huge sums/ or %'s to their sports department above and beyond its other departments and programs in the University. They get their extra $$ for additional facilities from alums and outside donors. Schools like Bama, UF, FSU, Clemson and OSU receive large blocks of State funding that dwarf the amounts Miami is able to generate, combined with what they receive from far larger alumni base. In addition, they have innumerable fans most of whom NEVER attended the University that donate to the athletic program. So they have a two-fold advantage. Freeloaders are a dime a dozen...fans go to games, and cotribute something however small to the Sports program. The Bama fans that never attended the University that do contribute are actual parts of the program. They have a vested interest in its success.

For Miami to compete on a long term sustainable basis without state funding, and without a large alumni base, Miami MUST ALSO be able to get $$$ from its fans & donors who never attended the University. Just like these larger Universities. Can't afford to give anything now, fine, it gets tight sometimes...but when someone tries to discourage others from giving, no real fan would ever do that. So when I hear someone say..Contribute $ to Miami? F@ck that!! They are basically saying F@ck the Miami Hurricanes.

giphy.gif

Thank you for the well written and thought out post.

Let me add this, so that some of you idiots can see what we’re up against as a program. Compare some of our cheap *** retardo “fans”, telling people either how they don’t donate or actively telling others NOT to donate to this from Alabama. Million dollar and up condos next to the stadium just so people can have a parking place and tailgate 6 times a year. Wonder how many of these Miami would sell? Oh that’s right, we can’t get the last half a million for the IPF.

959A6E56-7A66-45C2-950E-A30BE694E70C.jpeg

32EED7D0-D757-4BD9-8812-993B790D8CB3.jpeg

Football programs need money to operate. When the big boys like Alabama ask their fans for money, they give it to them.

You idiots need to just shut up. If you don’t have the money, no problem, not everyone does. But telling people not to do it? FOH

Can you provide the source you are citing? Per Wikipedia and US News, UM's endowment is under $1bn, which would put them outside of the Top 100 schools with the largest endowments.

Capping off University of Miami President Donna E. Shalala’s last commencement ceremony on May 9, Stuart Miller, chair of UM’s Board of Trustees and of the UM Miller School of Medicine Momentum2 campaign, announced a “breakthrough” gift of $55 million. The gift from longtime UM supporters, the Miller family, was greeted with cheers by the medical school graduates, faculty, families, and friends and lifted the University over its $1.6 billion Momentum2: The Breakthrough Campaign for the University of Miami goal, a stunning accomplishment that occurred more than a year ahead of schedule.

The Miller family’s $55 million gift will provide $50 million to build a new state-of-the-art medical education building on the campus of the Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine, which surpassed its school-based $1 billion fundraising goal. An additional $5 million will support the Phillip and Patricia Frost School of Music.

Combined with the $1.4 billion raised during the first Momentum campaign, President Shalala, who is stepping down at the end of the academic year, has raised more than $3 billion during a stellar 14-year term as president.

Advertisement
Back