IPF - 1.2M remains to fund

I myself even though I don't have a college education ,never really had to rely on cussing or name calling to get a point across. It just seems to take away from communicating or expressing ones point.

Just some people whom claim to be of higher knowledge above others on a subject seem to fall short and deteriorate in expressing there narrative in taking a contrasting point of view as offensive in there reply resulting in foulness.

GOCANES

Advertisement
I myself even though I don't have a college education ,never really had to rely on cussing or name calling to get a point across. It just seems to take away from communicating or expressing ones point.

Just some people whom claim to be of higher knowledge above others on a subject seem to fall short and deteriorate in expressing there narrative in taking a contrasting point of view as offensive in there reply resulting in foulness.

GOCANES

Serious response here. If you place something like “no cursing please” in your permanent footer, I know I and probably most posters will be polite enough to ease up in our responses to you.

Otherwise, you need to consider that a sports message board with mostly sports crazed men between the ages of 18-50 is like an atmosphere at a sports bar or lockerrom, but even more rude and freewheeling, but with even fewer inhibitions because of the anonymous nature. That’s just the nature of the beast.

LOL

You didn’t go to Miami.

You’ve never set foot on campus.

You don’t know anything about the school, the area, the demographics of the fanbase, the alumni, and the size of the alumni base, comparatatively speaking.

I’m not saying this to be rude.

If you knew any of those things, you wouldn’t be asking those questions.

@db305 seems to be the only one that gets it in this thread.

You're right about me not going to Miami (they didn't give me enough scholly $ lol, so I went to an out of state non-rival), but I've been on campus and I totally get what you're saying now. That being said, forget everybody else! Do it for the players! Do it for YOUR football alumni/brethren. Isn't that what "THIS U" is really about?

It's not like these guys don't need a tax break.

And to make it clear, I am talking about football alums, not alumni in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right about me not going to Miami (they didn't give me enough scholly $ lol, so I went to an out of state non-rival), but I've been on campus and I totally get what you're saying now. That being said, forget everybody else! Do it for the players! Do it for YOUR football alumni/brethren. Isn't that what "THIS U" is really about?

It's not like these guys don't need a tax break.

And to make it clear, I am talking about football alums, not alumni in general.

Basically, our alumni base is so small compared to the big schools, and not as rabid about football as they should be. As we win more, that will change.

We do have wealthy alumni, but it’s the same small group over and over again that we have to keep going to. We have to keep growing our donor base, especially the heavy hitters. That’s not easy to do.

As far as football alums, true enough, but we’re only now putting them in the league at the higher salaries like we used to. The guys from the great teams are not playing and no longer drawing multimillion dollar salaries. We have to be realistic about our football alumni too. Guys like Irvin and Sapp aren’t pulling in the scratch they used to, either.

Advertisement
It’s insane how much of a disadvantage the program has financially and still competes. South Florida football...

Advertisement
So many idiots in here. Our IPF is like twice the cost of most others.

Most others cant handle a Cat 5 hurricane. Pay an urban level wage to workers. Plus making it nice is hopefully going to knock out the "Miami has crap facilities" argument from Neg recruiters. Pat Surtain Jr. said "Ya'll trash."

you don't know **** about ****. what other areas of the school, outside of the athletic department, gets funds directly from football? spoiler alert: the answer is "none." did you just watch the 30 for 30 and believe that football money paid for campus buildings? football helps advertise the school and get more tuition-paying kids enrolled, but the money made by the program goes back to the athletic department. the big money that isn't tuition that the university gets and operates with is from federal funding and donations.

what football (and basketball) revenues do fund are the rest of the sports in the athletic department, which happens at literally every ncaa school. major conferences won't let schools in that only offer one or two sports, hence the need for an athletic department with non-revenue-generating sports, plus title ix is a thing. do you think we have a women's rowing team because we really give a **** about rowing? there are federal regulations to abide by.

christ, we have the dumbest ******* fan base in america.

You got the Title Nine stuff right and yeah men’s two big sports fund everything else, but if you think that the slime buckets who run universities do not grab massive amounts of money from every bucket then you are clueless as to the humans they are. These are people who are basically freeloaders who fatten thier wallets just like our beloved politicians do — by taking it from us. Back in the 80’s the administration regularly snatch the bowl and tv money from the football team. Heck Ron Fraser had to force them to just let him keep the money baseball pulled in and keep all the schools funding so he could run a decent program. Like the mob, they always took thier piece of the action before returning funding to the program. Once he told them to keep thier money, he had more the spend.

We might be the dumbest fan base in America but we are not dumb enough to believe the schools isn’t taking a cut.

Literally. There are Miami fans in this thread advocating NOT donating to the football program. You can't make this stuff up. With fans like this...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Literally. There are Miami fans in this thread are advocating NOT donating to the football program. You can't make this stuff up. With fans like this...

The U is in the money making business a huge corporation DO NOT mistake this point.
There’s a board of directors whom must be answered to, and never ever show a lose at any cost OXYMORON statement by oh so true.

PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT

Why pay for something when someone else can do it for you.

So DON’T say fans here don’t want to donate , my idea of donating is spending $200 - $300 dollars per Home games inside the stadium plus Club (level 6) seats season tickets on top of that.

No I think that’s enough

Now many fans can’t do that are blue collar workers but sacrifice to go to Cane games

That also I feel is enough

SO DON’T POINT FINGERS ON YOUR FALSE NARRATIVE OF HOW YOU FEEL FANS HERE ARE FINANCIALLY TO DONATE.

Know one here is say don’t donate we just don’t see why we have to when U has funds to finish it, we can donate after to offset cost after

GOCANES

Advertisement
The U is in the money making business a huge corporation DO NOT mistake this point.
There’s a board of directors whom must be answered to, and never ever show a lose at any cost OXYMORON statement by oh so true.

PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT

Why pay for something when someone else can do it for you.

So DON’T say fans here don’t want to donate , my idea of donating is spending $200 - $300 dollars per Home games inside the stadium plus Club (level 6) seats season tickets on top of that.

No I think that’s enough

Now many fans can’t do that are blue collar workers but sacrifice to go to Cane games

That also I feel is enough

SO DON’T POINT FINGERS ON YOUR FALSE NARRATIVE OF HOW YOU FEEL FANS HERE ARE FINANCIALLY TO DONATE.

Know one here is say don’t donate we just don’t see why we have to when U has funds to finish it, we can donate after to offset cost after

GOCANES

Stop posting. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Don’t you have a kitchen job to finish for @Tad Footeball? I heard he’s not too happy about that cheap Chinese dry wall you scammed him on.

By the way, you need to educate yourself about how Miami is a not-for-profit before you go on another ridiculous mind numbing screed that shows your total ignorance.

By the way, I tried to not use curse words to offend you.

Last edited:
Stop posting. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Don’t you have a kitchen job to finish for @Tad Footeball? I heard he’s not too happy about that cheap Chinese dry wall you scammed him on.

By the way, you need to educate yourself about how Miami is a not-for-profit before you go on another ridiculous mind numbing screed that shows your total ignorance.

By the way, I tried to not use curse words to offend you.

That’s my Original , it’s easy to draw you out.

You’d be easy to dominate on the field of play , easy to get in your head , we’d run in your gap all night long LMAO .

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back