IPF - 1.2M remains to fund

Advertisement
By now everyone knows donors are cold on this even with all the begging , soon we'll see them on the intersection corners asking the public to donate and buy bricks , this getting very old but I guess this is how it works.

THE U can cut the check pay for the remainder owed , then go back to begging donors and working street corners or at Canes game with donation cans posted around the stadium to get there money back to relieve at least some of the embarrassment this has has been going on for years geeeez , if this is how it works someone needs to get fired OMG.

Hate to be NEG but isn't this kind of tiring and if this is S.T.O.P were in sad shape with leadership.

GOCANES

You know what's embarrassing? Fans who complain we aren't winning national championships but pay a fraction of what fans of other schools pay to their programs. How much money do you think fans donated to Alabama, OSU, Clemson or FSU since August?

matchmarcus.com still works, so if you want those donations to go even farther, have Marcus Lemonis chip in an additional 50%!

www.matchmarcus.com

Last edited:
Advertisement
Blake James just said only 400000 needed to be funded to reach goal of 34 million

I think your math is a bit off.

Per give2ipf.com, they've raised roughly $33.3M, which puts them at around $700k short of their $34M goal.

I hope you guys are right.
I received this yesterday.

Whether it's $400k, $700k or $1.2M. We're still short.

We have some conspiracy theorists out there that don't like the fact that UM is asking.
No sweat, it's your well earned cash.
Hopefully you support the team in other ways.

Now for you other slugs....
If RBhurricane87's number is right, it will only take an extra $35 to put this thing to bed.

!!![]__[]!!!

Attachments

• 20180420093209_00001.jpg
    20180420093209_00001.jpg
    961.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
By now everyone knows donors are cold on this even with all the begging , soon we'll see them on the intersection corners asking the public to donate and buy bricks , this getting very old but I guess this is how it works.

THE U can cut the check pay for the remainder owed , then go back to begging donors and working street corners or at Canes game with donation cans posted around the stadium to get there money back to relieve at least some of the embarrassment this has has been going on for years geeeez , if this is how it works someone needs to get fired OMG.

Hate to be NEG but isn't this kind of tiring and if this is S.T.O.P were in sad shape with leadership.

GOCANES

as in the academic entity of the university itself cuts a check, and not the athletic department (which gets a ton of its operating revenue from boosters)? that's not how it works, champ.

as in the academic entity of the university itself cuts a check, and not the athletic department (which gets a ton of its operating revenue from boosters)? that's not how it works, champ.

You would think the major money maker football besides tuition who funds basically everything , when it needs to blow some coin on itself wouldn't have to go to boosters ?

I just find it hard to hear being short for years constantly yet other areas of the school has no problem in getting funds from football. Im guess we'll be hearing this for another year as football tickets , jersey's , hats and so on sells let alone TV ACC contracts yet we have to beg from boosters and other sources.

Pay this thing off and get lazy boosters and fans if you will to help , just hard to understand we got the bucks but don't do anything because it must be booster funded while money flows in from football and can't / won't use it ???

GOCANES

You would think the major money maker football besides tuition who funds basically everything , when it needs to blow some coin on itself wouldn't have to go to boosters ?

I just find it hard to hear being short for years constantly yet other areas of the school has no problem in getting funds from football. Im guess we'll be hearing this for another year as football tickets , jersey's , hats and so on sells let alone TV ACC contracts yet we have to beg from boosters and other sources.

Pay this thing off and get lazy boosters and fans if you will to help , just hard to understand we got the bucks but don't do anything because it must be booster funded while money flows in from football and can't / won't use it ???

GOCANES

you don't know **** about ****. what other areas of the school, outside of the athletic department, gets funds directly from football? spoiler alert: the answer is "none." did you just watch the 30 for 30 and believe that football money paid for campus buildings? football helps advertise the school and get more tuition-paying kids enrolled, but the money made by the program goes back to the athletic department. the big money that isn't tuition that the university gets and operates with is from federal funding and donations.

what football (and basketball) revenues do fund are the rest of the sports in the athletic department, which happens at literally every ncaa school. major conferences won't let schools in that only offer one or two sports, hence the need for an athletic department with non-revenue-generating sports, plus title ix is a thing. do you think we have a women's rowing team because we really give a **** about rowing? there are federal regulations to abide by.

christ, we have the dumbest ******* fan base in america.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm banking on some recent alums to hammer out whatever our small $100 donations don't get lol. Njoku, Duke, Burns, etc. Surely some of them can help close the gap.

I'm banking on some recent alums to hammer out whatever our small $100 donations don't get lol. Njoku, Duke, Burns, etc. Surely some of them can help close the gap.

Or some of the guys getting drafted next week!

you don't know **** about ****. what other areas of the school, outside of the athletic department, gets funds directly from football? spoiler alert: the answer is "none." did you just watch the 30 for 30 and believe that football money paid for campus buildings? football helps advertise the school and get more tuition-paying kids enrolled, but the money made by the program goes back to the athletic department. the big money that isn't tuition that the university gets and operates with is from federal funding and donations.

what football (and basketball) revenues do fund are the rest of the sports in the athletic department, which happens at literally every ncaa school. major conferences won't let schools in that only offer one or two sports, hence the need for an athletic department with non-revenue-generating sports, plus title ix is a thing. do you think we have a women's rowing team because we really give a **** about rowing? there are federal regulations to abide by.

DB305 , you had me understanding and actually shaking my head saying , hmmm 305 sounds on point and spot on educating me who doesn't know what you know and need to hear wisdom on the subject , till you lowered yourself to foul language and took away from a quality reply that would have exalted your point and character plus an opportunity wasted to educate someone has faltered,SAD.

GOCANES

DB305 , you had me understanding and actually shaking my head saying , hmmm 305 sounds on point and spot on educating me who doesn't know what you know and need to hear wisdom on the subject , till you lowered yourself to foul language and took away from a quality reply that would have exalted your point and character plus an opportunity wasted to educate someone has faltered,SAD.

GOCANES

you spent 4 posts here criticizing the athletic department based on completely false conjecture and got called out. if you ignore facts based on me hurting your feelings, then there really isn't any helping you.

Advertisement
Miami football alums have put more towards Miami’s IPF than football alums of nearly any other university have put towards their IPF.

If true then good.. they should continue that tradition! I would think that they're also one of the wealthiest football alumni groups in the country so it makes sense.

If this is true, though, then it's a little shocking that the IPF still isn't funded. You're telling me there aren't 34 alums who can each give a mil?? Or 68 of them who can each give half a mil? Actually, Carol Sofer, et al., donated $14 mil, and Richt gave a mil, so we would only need 19 alums who each have 1 mil! How is this still an issue??

If true then good.. they should continue that tradition! I would think that they're also one of the wealthiest football alumni groups in the country so it makes sense.

If this is true, though, then it's a little shocking that the IPF still isn't funded. You're telling me there aren't 34 alums who can each give a mil?? Or 68 of them who can each give half a mil? Actually, Carol Sofer, et al., donated $14 mil, and Richt gave a mil, so we would only need 19 alums who each have 1 mil! How is this still an issue??

LOL

You didn’t go to Miami.

You’ve never set foot on campus.

You don’t know anything about the school, the area, the demographics of the fanbase, the alumni, and the size of the alumni base, comparatatively speaking.

I’m not saying this to be rude.

If you knew any of those things, you wouldn’t be asking those questions.

@db305 seems to be the only one that gets it in this thread.

After all this time you finally wrote something worth reading. Have a little green check mark, sir, but don't let it go to your head.

Advertisement
you spent 4 posts here criticizing the athletic department based on completely false conjecture and got called out. if you ignore facts based on me hurting your feelings, then there really isn't any helping you.
my feelings aren't hurt at all , you wrote a very nice to the point reply impressive very nice, than trashed it with your vulgarity just doesn't make sense to do that to you self. Just seemed out a character to the nice writing then you lost control just out of place to do that.

GOCANES

Basically the kids from non-affluent families have to pay the way for moochers from affluent families to play sports that don't bring in $h!t to the University...basically welfare.

If not for that this IPF would've been fully funded already.

Basically the kids from non-affluent families have to pay the way for moochers from affluent families to play sports that don't bring in $h!t to the University...basically welfare.

If not for that this IPF would've been fully funded already.

You really don’t get how anything works in the real world do you?

Every single word you posted is wrong. How can one person be so wrong so often?

You’ve posted a lot of stupid ignorant shlt in recent days, this falls right in line.

my feelings aren't hurt at all , you wrote a very nice to the point reply impressive very nice, than trashed it with your vulgarity just doesn't make sense to do that to you self. Just seemed out a character to the nice writing then you lost control just out of place to do that.

you don't message board much, do you?

Advertisement
Back