Iowa State defense vs Clemson

I'm not buying any Clemson stock right now and its not cuz their offense was terrible this year. Dabo ain't a defensive coach and I've seen what they looked like before vs with Venables. Unless they walk into another 1st round QB, I'm highly skeptical of how much help their defense can give them in 2022 with the "promoted from within" DC hire.

Advertisement
C’mon Cuddy. Lol. Oregon lost their HC, & their star RB & LB, along w/ dissension along their WR core. Lol. But I can see the 2017 Miami comparison, especially w/ the QB being sub par.

Like I said El, for Clemson to have a “down year” & still win 10 games, I’m not going to sleep on them.
Exactly the difference maker is the QB you out a great or elite QB on 2017 Miami or the Oregon/Clemson teams this year and they have better seasons. If Klubnik does that then Clemson as back to Atlantic champs and possibly more.

1640870219251.png

1640870253391.png

Advertisement
You can be, Oregon is probably the worst 10 win team in the nation right now.

I would even say 2021 Oregon is basically 2017 Miami.

But as far as Clemson, they’re a very good Defensive team, with an extremely stale offense that has a very limited QB & below average WR corps. But, they will be a different team next year with Cade Klubnik at the helm because he has next level high caliber arm talent.

The key to their season will be the development of their secondary, they have to get Fred Davis & Nate Wiggins ready to play, their CB group will be pretty weak next year after losing Andrew Booth to the draft, they signed Toriano Pride & Jeadyn Lukus in the 22 class, so we’ll see how they look as TF’s.
Stating the obvious but their most dominant teams also had that absurd talent on the DL. Kind of like the Miami teams of the past. Masked a lot of holes they had on the rest of their D

Does not matter. They had crap for offense which will get better and there is still no one in their division that can keep up if their offense gets better and the D stays good.
That is not the definition of a good team.

They are a decent team this year. As a whole college football did not have as much parity in the top 10-15 as usual.

There are three teams (maybe 4) that are better than everyone else and it's not really close. Cincinnati is not one of them IMO, but they could change my mind.

There are a lot of different dynamics this season with Clemson, the biggest one being Dabo and is major conflict with NIL and transfers. They still have a lot of talent, mostly on defense and especially on the defensive line. Offensively, the OL is not good, the RB situation is nowhere near what it has been, and the WR depth is thinning. Sure they're banking on an incoming QB, but that's a roll of the dice with that OL.

What Clemson has done for the last 10-12 years or whatever has been remarkable, but things are changing in Tiger town, and let's of people are going to see how Clemson treads over the new landscape of College Football

All of Clemsons run a 4.77. That offense is not and had not been explosive at all this szn..but that Clemson D will especially the front should be better next szn.

Advertisement
Sure, clemson's got its head up its *** this year, but I think you guys are underestimating the amount of talent on that team. With a few slight corrections, they're a top 10 team again. You don't go from being one of the most stacked teams to being talentless in a year.
Um in cfb yes you do if your not exhausting all resources. Dabo and Clemson, for whatever reason are stead fast against the transfer portal and recruit how they recruit. 2 generational talents at QB took them to elite heights. Surrounded by at least 2 elite College WRs at given points. This kid they have coming in cade Klublink or whatever, Imo, isn’t Lawrence and he isn’t deshaun. I don’t see that kid coming in, with the lack of skill talent around Clemson rn and changing life and a Oline that’s never really been dominant but now don’t have game changers at the skills spots either ..I don’t even see that kid taking DJs job right off the bat either. That front 7 on Defense will continue to hold it down tho. But if I were a Clemson fan I’d be cautiously optimistic. Because stubbornness and reluctance to accept new ideas and processes can kill a program. And despite the past 6-7 years Clemson is NOT immune to falling off. They aren’t Bama and Dabo **** sure ain’t Saban

How was Clemson's QB a 5*?

Can anyone answer that question for me? He is worse than terrible to be quite honest. He's like, really, really bad.

Advertisement
They treated DJ U with kid gloves. No passes beyond 10 yards. Everything short. Ran the ball a majority of the time.

He'll lose his job to the incoming freshman unless he magically transcends himself.
Yep this is why their offense sucked this year. It’s easy to stop the run and everything else Clemson does when you don’t have to worry about getting beat over the top.

If Clemson had any offense they would be in the playoff. They held UGA to 3 points with their D. Think about that.

btw Purdy attempted knock down of his deflected pass was **** funny.

Advertisement
Um in cfb yes you do if your not exhausting all resources. Dabo and Clemson, for whatever reason are stead fast against the transfer portal and recruit how they recruit. 2 generational talents at QB took them to elite heights. Surrounded by at least 2 elite College WRs at given points. This kid they have coming in cade Klublink or whatever, Imo, isn’t Lawrence and he isn’t deshaun. I don’t see that kid coming in, with the lack of skill talent around Clemson rn and changing life and a Oline that’s never really been dominant but now don’t have game changers at the skills spots either ..I don’t even see that kid taking DJs job right off the bat either. That front 7 on Defense will continue to hold it down tho. But if I were a Clemson fan I’d be cautiously optimistic. Because stubbornness and reluctance to accept new ideas and processes can kill a program. And despite the past 6-7 years Clemson is NOT immune to falling off. They aren’t Bama and Dabo **** sure ain’t Saban
I think you’re overstating the lack of talent they’ve got. They didn’t stop recruiting the last few years…this isn’t a lack of talent you’re seeing (other than QB).

Bottom line if we were then you’d be saying we have all the pieces, we’re primed for a NC run next year.

He’s so stubborn against the portal and players getting paid the game is gonna pass him by quickly. You think Jimmy Johnson or Bobby Bowden wouldn’t love nil? Saban looks for every advantage to get top recruits. He embraces all this stuff. Dabo is like naw I wanna keep paying my players under the table. He might not win another one!

Sure, clemson's got its head up its *** this year, but I think you guys are underestimating the amount of talent on that team. With a few slight corrections, they're a top 10 team again. You don't go from being one of the most stacked teams to being talentless in a year.
True. Miami proved you can do it in about 3, maybe a strong 2 if you really try.

Advertisement
Back