Iowa State defense vs Clemson

He’s so stubborn against the portal and players getting paid the game is gonna pass him by quickly. You think Jimmy Johnson or Bobby Bowden wouldn’t love nil? Saban looks for every advantage to get top recruits. He embraces all this stuff. Dabo is like naw I wanna keep paying my players under the table. He might not win another one!
Actually Saban was against all of this and was one of the first to speak out against the direction the sport was heading with the new transfer rules and NIL. **** he even spoke out against the RPO movement lol…but winners adapt

Advertisement
I think you’re overstating the lack of talent they’ve got. They didn’t stop recruiting the last few years…this isn’t a lack of talent you’re seeing (other than QB).

Bottom line if we were then you’d be saying we have all the pieces, we’re primed for a NC run next year.
No I wouldn’t. Because I’ve watched that team play. They have holes at RB, WR, Oline, Edge rusher and in the secondary. Coming into the year those holes were GLARING. And they didn’t address it in the 2020 class/transfer nor in 21..their top 2 prospects decomitted. They lost their top 2 assistants and Dabo decided to promote within..

Actually Saban was against all of this and was one of the first to speak out against the direction the sport was heading with the new transfer rules and NIL. **** he even spoke out against the RPO movement lol…but winners adapt

True he told Texas high school coaches Bryce Young was close to a million in NIL deals. You know he did that for recruiting. Guess a tiger can change their stripes

True he told Texas high school coaches Bryce Young was close to a million in NIL deals. You know he did that for recruiting. Guess a tiger can change their stripes
It’s called adapting. If Dabo doesn’t he’ll be left behind. Clemson and some fans in CFB seem to think they are on automatic drive. You have to keep evolving..are you end up like Us the last 15 years

Sometimes the star system fails. Sometimes the star system doesn't consider the development factor.
I get all of that, I really do. But this dude is beyond bad. He makes robots look fluid. The star system fails because writers, not scouts, are making the designation of stars in college football. Most of them have never played, coached, or scouted in their life.

The head of 247 scouting played at Harvard, but I think he’s the o lay one that played any ball in college. However anyone who turns on the tape of DJ would know he was no where close to a 5* QB

Advertisement
Clemson's offensive system was catered to a QB that was in the program a few years ago and nobody updated the program for the past couple QBs. At least that's what it looks like. Terrible

Have you seen Cade Klublick? He’s losing the job. Dabo gonna call him into the office and go “Son, have you ever thought of TE before?”
I expect DJ to spin his way to the transfer portal. Perhaps somewhere near home in Cali.

The bowl game was an indictment on what the Clemson coaching staff thinks of him. Only safe throws. Zero deep ball attempts.

I don't know anything about Klubnik other than being rated the #1/#2 QB prospect. I expect Clemson will start the season with DJ U. Klubnik will take over at some point during the season.

Clemson will wind up with only 1 scholarship QB on the roster as they have now.

Aside from their worst in the league QB, Clemson's offensive line is just average at best. Their defense will keep them in games.

Yep this is why their offense sucked this year. It’s easy to stop the run and everything else Clemson does when you don’t have to worry about getting beat over the top.
I think the bigger issue is that Clemson didn't run the ball that well early in the season where it exposed DJ U. Even in the bowl game, they were clearly run 1st and the passing game was all short to very intermediate throws.

Without a strong running game DJ U can't carry the team. Next year, I expect Clemson's opponents to play tight coverage with extras in the box taking away the running game and short throws forcing DJ U to beat them deep. Ironically,that is Clemson's game plan on defense.

I think the bigger issue is that Clemson didn't run the ball that well early in the season where it exposed DJ U. Even in the bowl game, they were clearly run 1st and the passing game was all short to very intermediate throws.

Without a strong running game DJ U can't carry the team. Next year, I expect Clemson's opponents to play tight coverage with extras in the box taking away the running game and short throws forcing DJ U to beat them deep. Ironically,that is Clemson's game plan on defense.
Hard to have a strong running game when no one is more than 8 yards off the ball bc the QB can’t throw

Advertisement
How was Clemson's QB a 5*?

Can anyone answer that question for me? He is worse than terrible to be quite honest. He's like, really, really bad.
He was 6'4 240-250 and played at a major high school program.

He sucks..doesnt process well...and they dont trust him. Dude is essentially CAM NEWTON without the running ability or toughness. He's just big

Clemson also has a 5 star rb...that aint really a 5 star either.

BUTTTTTT......THEY HAVE BEEN RECRUITING AT A HIGH CLIP DONT LET THIS YEAR FOOL YOU TOTALLY. THEIR SKILLS ON O ARENT THAT EXPLOSIVE BUT THAT DEFENSE IS STACKING TALENT.

He was 6'4 240-250 and played at a major high school program.

He sucks..doesnt process well...and they dont trust him. Dude is essentially CAM NEWTON without the running ability or toughness. He's just big
This is all true. Cam could process tho too

About the next comment you made. During the game last night the commentators said that out of all of clemsons turnovers on the year only 24 points came off those turnovers….and 21 were scored on the TO itself!!!! That defense this year was ELITE AF amd they wasted it with that QB

Yea Shipley has no patience, vision, wiggle, or slippery ness.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back