Iowa State defense vs Clemson

Advertisement
Advertisement
Clemson has been ravaged by injuries all year too.

They get some starters back and return majority of their defense for 2022.

Clemson still won 10 games in an “off year.” I’m not taking them lightly, at all. Reminds me of when everybody thought we were through in 1990. Clemson has a lot of young talent & depth.
Clemson is gonna be fine yes

I’m glad Venables is gone but still, if they continue to invest that way they won’t be having issues especially in this conference

Advertisement
Clemson still won 10 games in an “off year.” I’m not taking them lightly, at all. Reminds me of when everybody thought we were through in 1990. Clemson has a lot of young talent & depth.

Depth?

TrumpyCane has to disagree

Dabo doesn’t want to rely on transfer portal, they will have a bunch of guys coming back for season ending injuries, who knows how they recover

This years recruiting class only has 12 guys committed and without Dabo hitting the portal not sure where they will make up the bodies

Add in injuries during spring/summer, add in more portal departures, add in opt outs and Clemson won’t be looking too hot

Advertisement
Depth?

TrumpyCane has to disagree

Dabo doesn’t want to rely on transfer portal, they will have a bunch of guys coming back for season ending injuries, who knows how they recover

This years recruiting class only has 12 guys committed and without Dabo hitting the portal not sure where they will make up the bodies

Add in injuries during spring/summer, add in more portal departures, add in opt outs and Clemson won’t be looking too hot

I’m sure they’ll get more guys committed, but go peep their depth chart. They’re a fairly young team. Now this is assuming they don’t have portal departures, which I’m not sure of. But there’s a handful of guys who will be moving on, but a slew of guys returning. Again, assuming they r not decimated by the portal. Now if they are, then u’re spot on.

I would usually agree to this but Clemson was a bad 10 win team this year. FSU almost won at their place. Clemson talent level has dropped a lot. This is what happen to us you can see things are falling apart. Still will be a good team but their not a powerhouse team anymore

I would usually agree to this but Clemson was a bad 10 win team this year. FSU almost won at their place. Clemson talent level has dropped a lot. This is what happen to us you can see things are falling apart. Still will be a good team but their not a powerhouse team anymore

Not sure if u can be a bad 10 win team. Lol.

They lost a total of 3 games by a combined 23 points. What that showed was their offense that no longer had Lawrence, Etienne, Mellusi, Rodgers, Powell, Gallaway (injury), Carman, etc.

Advertisement
Not sure if u can be a bad 10 win team. Lol.

They lost a total of 3 games by a combined 23 points. What that showed was their offense that no longer had Lawrence, Etienne, Mellusi, Rodgers, Powell, Gallaway (injury), Carman, etc.
You can be, Oregon is probably the worst 10 win team in the nation right now.

I would even say 2021 Oregon is basically 2017 Miami.

But as far as Clemson, they’re a very good Defensive team, with an extremely stale offense that has a very limited QB & below average WR corps. But, they will be a different team next year with Cade Klubnik at the helm because he has next level high caliber arm talent.

The key to their season will be the development of their secondary, they have to get Fred Davis & Nate Wiggins ready to play, their CB group will be pretty weak next year after losing Andrew Booth to the draft, they signed Toriano Pride & Jeadyn Lukus in the 22 class, so we’ll see how they look as TF’s.

You can be, Oregon is probably the worst 10 win team in the nation right now.

I would even say 2021 Oregon is basically 2017 Miami.

But as far as Clemson, they’re a very good Defensive team, with an extremely stale offense that has a very limited QB & below average WR corps. But, they will be a different team next year with Cade Klubnik at the helm because he has next level high caliber arm talent.

The key to their season will be the development of their secondary, they have to get Fred Davis & Nate Wiggins ready to play, their CB group will be pretty weak next year after losing Andrew Booth to the draft, they signed Toriano Pride & Jeadyn Lukus in the 22 class, so we’ll see how they look as TF’s.

C’mon Cuddy. Lol. Oregon lost their HC, & their star RB & LB, along w/ dissension along their WR core. Lol. But I can see the 2017 Miami comparison, especially w/ the QB being sub par.

Like I said El, for Clemson to have a “down year” & still win 10 games, I’m not going to sleep on them.

Advertisement
Back