2025 Iose Epenesa 5* Edge from IL

Mario smells blood in the water

Iose Epenesa reiterated that he's strongly considering Miami

Water Swimming GIF by Shark Week

Advertisement
Does anyone have any testing numbers? AJ Epenesa is a poor athlete but wins with his motor and length. His brother isn't as big as him but hopefully he has the athleticism to make up for it.
Aj has gotten more burst since entering the league I may be wrong but I think he was a little heavy at Iowa

Advertisement
From an interview with ON3 reporter:

“Iose got to watch a full-pads scrimmage, good action practice,” Epenesa’s father Eppy said. “Sat down film session with NFL Hall of Fame defensive end Jason Taylor and Polynesian Hall of Fame defensive line coach Joe Salave’a learning their schemes/defensive line DL break down and where he fits."

“It comes down to trust and experience in the coaches,” Eppy said. “Mario Cristobal is a legend. Defensive ends coach Jason Taylor is a NFL football Hall of Fame. DL coach Joe Salave’a is an NFL vet and Polynesian Hall of Famer and is like a little brother to me. We grew up together in America Samoa.”

The elder Epenesa played at Iowa, as well as his two other sons AJ and Eric. His daughter Sam played volleyball at Purdue.

Advertisement
Just watched his tape.

You can tell he's been around football since birth. Incredible leverage and technique. His movement skills aren't as good as I'd expect from a near 5 star at his size (6'3.5 230lbs). But he will probably have a higher floor than most just based off his technique and leverage. He will be productive.

Think we have a great shot here.

Just watched his tape.

You can tell he's been around football since birth. Incredible leverage and technique. His movement skills aren't as good as I'd expect from a near 5 star at his size (6'3.5 230lbs). But he will probably have a higher floor than most just based off his technique and leverage. He will be productive.

Think we have a great shot here.

x2

High floor kid indeed that comes from a no non sense family that knows what it takes. We need more of these types, he’d be a helluva pick up.

Advertisement
can we please get this kid away from big 10. Its like his whole fam wen tto those schools but we have the connection and pull...comeone Big Joe this is a guy he h as to land

Advertisement

Cliff Notes: Loy thinks Iowa eventually gets Epenesa, but its going to be a tough battle w/Miami. Cooper says Miami is an absolute nightmare scenario for Iowa after the Proctor fiascos. IDK that Cooper agreed that Iowa wins this one.

Advertisement
Back