Interview with N'Kosi Perry

View as article
I truly think some of you guys are out of your minds. We cannot waste a championship defense on Perry --a true freshman --that did not play in a sophisticated offense in HS. There is a zero % chance that guy comes in to win the job after missing the spring---ZERO!!

He needs to redshirt, learn the system, enhance his footwork, and learn to read defenses at this level. We must play the best guy, and the besst guy will be either Rosier, Sherrifs or perhaps even Allison, in order to try to win the ACC and perhaps have a shot at the playoffs.

If we start Perry we will have wasted this championship caliber defense. Cannot happen! That's the kind of **** Al Golden would do.

We must try to win NOW!

"Wasting a championship defense on Perry."

I wonder were Bama fans saying the same thing about starting Jalen Hurts this year. He was a true freshman this past season. Granted, I believe he was an EE, but still a true freshman.

that's true about hurts. however:

1) the offenses were/are different, and what he was asked to do from lane kiffin was a bit different than what CMR is going to expect.
2) he had the advantage of being on campus a lot longer his first year than perry will be, and he still didn't start the season as the no. 1 QB
3) for all the success he had as a freshman, some of his failures as a passer hurt alabama down the stretch. it was one of the reasons kiffin and sabag came to blows (almost)

Advertisement
Rick picked a lot of ****** QBs at UGA. He's no miracle QB selector. Good thing Perry is going to hit the ground running and have no learning curve because Rick picked him.
If that's the case, then none of his selections should be trusted, Rosier, Perry, Shirreffs & Sitkow included.

Rick signed Rosier and Shirreffs? When it comes to the QB spot, I need to see them do it while the band is playing.

HS accolades are nice, and Perry is a great talent. But so was Kenny Kelly, and he struggled badly. And he didn't get forced into starting as a true freshmans. A far less talented Dorsey eventually stole his lunch money and made him a minor league baseball player.

This is a whole other level of football when it comes to playing QB. There is so much thinking and information processing that goes into playing QB for Rick that it's almost foolish to think that Perry will come in and win the job in a month.
A lot of dudes on here set Allison up too. Now, he's a bum.

thank you, franchise.

your post should be taped to the forehead of every slurper who thinks: 4.4 40 + strong arm + HS hype = immediate QB stardom

greatness at QB starts between the ears.

what do Kosar, Walsh, Dorsey, Erickson, and Torretta all have in common? Besides great talent around them? they were whip smart at the position.

oh, and another thing they all have in common: championship rings ...

hmmm Brad Kaaya was the smartest QB in cfb the last 3 years yet we still sucked???

and hilarious how you act like those qbs that won QBs on loaded teams were geniuses??? gtfoh

they had very high football IQ's.

and i have no idea what "those qbs that won QB's" means .... must be some game for the lower orders.

It's better for us that its the QB Richt picked, he has trained the offense to Perry's strengths.

Rick picked a lot of ****** QBs at UGA. He's no miracle QB selector. Good thing Perry is going to hit the ground running and have no learning curve because Rick picked him.
If that's the case, then none of his selections should be trusted, Rosier, Perry, Shirreffs & Sitkow included.

Rick signed Rosier and Shirreffs? When it comes to the QB spot, I need to see them do it while the band is playing.

HS accolades are nice, and Perry is a great talent. But so was Kenny Kelly, and he struggled badly. And he didn't get forced into starting as a true freshmans. A far less talented Dorsey eventually stole his lunch money and made him a minor league baseball player.

This is a whole other level of football when it comes to playing QB. There is so much thinking and information processing that goes into playing QB for Rick that it's almost foolish to think that Perry will come in and win the job in a month. A lot of dudes on here set Allison up too. Now, he's a bum.

Kenny says that was the worst decision he ever made. Wish he would've stayed.

So did I.

So Redface assumes Perry is a dummy? He can't be athletic and smart? Franchise wasn't making the argument Redface is making which is that Nkosi is an athletic dummy. Franchise simply said that the other QBs will be way ahead of Perry because they started earlier - have a lot to learn and process within the system, and therefore we shouldn't expect Perry to overtake the other QBs in a couple of months practice, which frankly is a reasonable conclusion. Having said all that, I believe Peter when he says Richt is going to give Perry every chance to win the position.

It's better for us that its the QB Richt picked, he has trained the offense to Perry's strengths.

This is a whole other level of football when it comes to playing QB. There is so much thinking and information processing that goes into playing QB for Rick that it's almost foolish to think that Perry will come in and win the job in a month.

thank you, franchise.

your post should be taped to the forehead of every slurper who thinks: 4.4 40 + strong arm + HS hype = immediate QB stardom

what do Kosar, Walsh, Dorsey, Erickson, and Torretta all have in common? Besides great talent around them? they were whip smart at the position.

Guys get too juiced up over HS highlights from QBs. QB is a totally different animal than any other position on the field. Your QB must know everything he has to do and everything everyone else is doing on every **** play. He is the leader of the offense. If your QB gets in the huddle and doesn't know what's going, it's impossible for him to be an effective leader.

I love Perry's talent. I love Weldon's talent too. They're both physically better talents than anyone else on the roster. Problem is that the game speeds up by a thousand times when you're not comfortable and sure of everything. On top of that, Rick expects his QBs to be perfect and to always make the right read. Great talent like Perry's gets equalized if he's unsure and is thinking too much.

Dudes are expecting way too much from him as a late entry. I'd love to see a list of summer enrollee true freshmans QBs who have started and won conference/national championships. I'm guessing it's a microscopic list of QBs.

Advertisement

This is a whole other level of football when it comes to playing QB. There is so much thinking and information processing that goes into playing QB for Rick that it's almost foolish to think that Perry will come in and win the job in a month. A lot of dudes on here set Allison up too. Now, he's a bum.

Kenny says that was the worst decision he ever made. Wish he would've stayed.

So did I.

Why did you want Kelly to stay? So he could sit on the bench and watch Dorsey play? Because barring injury to Dorsey, which never happened , Kelly wasn't going to play

thank you, franchise.

Guys get too juiced up over HS highlights from QBs. QB is a totally different animal than any other position on the field. Your QB must know everything he has to do and everything everyone else is doing on every **** play. He is the leader of the offense. If your QB gets in the huddle and doesn't know what's going, it's impossible for him to be an effective leader.

I love Perry's talent. I love Weldon's talent too. They're both physically better talents than anyone else on the roster. Problem is that the game speeds up by a thousand times when you're not comfortable and sure of everything. On top of that, Rick expects his QBs to be perfect and to always make the right read. Great talent like Perry's gets equalized if he's unsure and is thinking too much.

Dudes are expecting way too much from him as a late entry. I'd love to see a list of summer enrollee true freshmans QBs who have started and won conference/national championships. I'm guessing it's a microscopic list of QBs.

I looked this up a little while ago. It's a small list and most of the ones on it had 8 or 9 wins tops. Hurts would certainly be on the list, but he's more of a running back playing quarterback.

True freshman QBs who led teams to the best seasons. | Sports on Earth

I truly think some of you guys are out of your minds. We cannot waste a championship defense on Perry --a true freshman --that did not play in a sophisticated offense in HS. There is a zero % chance that guy comes in to win the job after missing the spring---ZERO!!

He needs to redshirt, learn the system, enhance his footwork, and learn to read defenses at this level. We must play the best guy, and the besst guy will be either Rosier, Sherrifs or perhaps even Allison, in order to try to win the ACC and perhaps have a shot at the playoffs.

If we start Perry we will have wasted this championship caliber defense. Cannot happen! That's the kind of **** Al Golden would do.

We must try to win NOW!

It might get wasted with sheriifs or rosier too. Doesnt matter how old the qb is the best guy should start.

I agree, but I think the odds of that guy being Perry, considering all the variables, are near zero %

thank you, franchise.

I looked this up a little while ago. It's a small list and most of the ones on it had 8 or 9 wins tops. Hurts would certainly be on the list, but he's more of a running back playing quarterback.

Thanks, JohnnyB. I don't think Hurts was a summer enrollee though. I'd think the list of summer enrollees who won championships as true freshmans would be even shorter.

I don't know about you guys, but I ain't looking to win 8 or 9 games this year. If we don't win at least 10 regular season games and play for the ACC championship, then this season is a fail.

Advertisement

thank you, franchise.

Thanks, JohnnyB. I don't think Hurts was a summer enrollee though. I'd think the list of summer enrollees who won championships as true freshmans would be even shorter.

I don't know about you guys, but I ain't looking to win 8 or 9 games this year. If we don't win at least 10 regular season games and play for the ACC championship, then this season is a fail.

sheriffs or rosier doesnt guarantee a 10 win season. These dudes are bridge qbs. Basically like what maguire was at fsu. One of them will start to give the younger more talented qbs the chance to get ready.

There's nothing left to argue on the matter, it'll be Rosier or Shirreffs...

We'll find out what they're made of on 9/16 & 10/28.

There's nothing left to argue on the matter, it'll be Rosier or Shirreffs...

We'll find out what they're made of on 9/16 & 10/28.

Unc isnt going to be that good this year especially on defense. I would put vt instead of them. Vt defense still should be good because they got quite a few guys coming back.

Advertisement
I see this playing out very similar to 3 yrs ago when Kaaya got here. If one of the guys already on campus separate themselves and takes charge it's their job. If no one really shows out, Perry will have a legit shot to come in and show what he's got. If he can be on par with or very close he could win the job.

He could still win the job, but because he's a not-early-enrolling freshmans, I personally believe the odds are low.

This is NOTHING like Bard's freshmans year. The projected starter doesn't have a shredded knee.
Yeah but Perry can throw it 67 yards and Rick compared him to Charlie Ward who started from day one as a true freshmans at FSU.

Ward redshirted his second year in Tally(1990). I'm sure of it. Also Ward was a true freshman in 89 and did not get any meaningful playing time until he won the job in 92 his 4th year in the program.

No ****.
[MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION] No need to get upset my friend. Sometimes your sarcasm doesn't register immediately. It's not that important.

Last edited:

thank you, franchise.

The Living Legend always holds it down.

Advertisement
I see this playing out very similar to 3 yrs ago when Kaaya got here. If one of the guys already on campus separate themselves and takes charge it's their job. If no one really shows out, Perry will have a legit shot to come in and show what he's got. If he can be on par with or very close he could win the job.

He could still win the job, but because he's a not-early-enrolling freshmans, I personally believe the odds are low.

This is NOTHING like Bard's freshmans year. The projected starter doesn't have a shredded knee.
Yeah but Perry can throw it 67 yards and Rick compared him to Charlie Ward who started from day one as a true freshmans at FSU.

Yes, Charlie Ward started day one as a true freshman--as the punter. Peter Tom Willis started the entire year in 1989. Ward redshirted in 1990. Weldon platooned with Brad Johnson in 1990 and was the full-time starter in 1991. Ward didn't start until 1992.

For Perry to start in my opinion, he needs to be clearly better than Rosier and Shirreffs by the second week in fall camp and by an extremely wide margin. Or the latter two need to be mediocre at best. We'll see.

No, Casey Weldon was the full time starter in 91.

LoL, that's what I wrote.

thank you, franchise.

sheriffs or rosier doesnt guarantee a 10 win season. These dudes are bridge qbs. Basically like what maguire was at fsu. One of them will start to give the younger more talented qbs the chance to get ready.

No QB guarantees anything. You're constantly talking to me about guarantees when you've never seen me mention anything about guarantees.

It's a game of odds and probabilities. Rick knows he should have a great defense this year and can make a big move with this team THIS YEAR if his QB can hit some easy passes, distribute the ball and not make a lot of dumb freshmans mistakes.

Rick has a chance to have an excellent season, and he's going to play the odds. The odds are that a veteran QB with less talent can make less killer mistakes and cost the team less games. Anything else would be a major disservice to the rest of the team.

It's a game of odds and probabilities. Rick knows he should have a great defense this year and can make a big move with this team THIS YEAR if his QB can hit some easy passes, distribute the ball and not make a lot of dumb freshmans mistakes.

Here's the counter to that: if you're going to pare down the offense anyway, shouldn't you do it for a freshman instead of an old guy? Our best chance to win big is having a big-time QB, and this season can put Perry ahead of the curve.

It's too early to make predictions and we haven't even seen Perry. He could be way over his head. But I'm not convinced the two guys we have are necessarily safe options. They make bad mistakes, too.

No QB guarantees anything. You're constantly talking to me about guarantees when you've never seen me mention anything about guarantees.

Rick has a chance to have an excellent season, and he's going to play the odds. The odds are that a veteran QB with less talent can make less killer mistakes and cost the team less games. Anything else would be a major disservice to the rest of the team.

Pardon me, sir, but you must have missed that breathtaking, shirtless photo of Perry with Mr. Crablegs. Anybody who is anybody should be able to observe such a marvelous spectacle and determine without a shadow of a doubt that Perry, as true freshman, will: be a starter, win the Heisman trophy, and lead us to the playoffs. This Evan fellow seems out of his league, per say.

Advertisement
Back