Interesting

Seeing the game in person today led me to see a few things with TVD, he made a lot of good decisions. What bothered me today with him was he was super super slow on some of the reads. He missed a wide open Riley Williams in the endzone on a beautiful pick/rub play and was watching the WR the whole way. He hit a crossing Xavier Restrepo on the sideline when he had him from about the middle of the field with a step or two on the DB. He's got talent and he's got an arm, but it feels like the mental part of the game he's just never going to get. It is probably in his best interest to find a school with a "QB guru" to get the best out of him

Advertisement
The pick he threw against UVA to X should‘ve told the biggest of haters he was hurt badly. He couldn’t drive the ball at all and had X by two steps. He never misses that ball. Fact is he should’ve sat two games after UNC.
Exactly. Why not sit him and let him get somewhat healthy again?

Advertisement
As I stated in the prediction thread.. injuries were key in our 7-5 run this year. We need a portal QB that's starter quality.... period.
Also need some receivers that TVD isn't allergic to...

I just think TVD got more healthy on his throwing hand and they open the playbook more cause of that. Back in the Viginia game, TVD throws were just off with no zip. The last 2 weeks TVD looked more like the TVD of the first 4 weeks.

Advertisement
Pretty sure it was said last week vs. UL they are remaining in man defense by the play-by-play guys, and by the look of motion that we were running, BC was running w/ the motion player. Both teams played a vast majority in man. Yes, I’m sure they played some zone, but it was primarily man.
Of course there was some man, especially in the second half but rewatch the games. Both teams came out doing the same thing that everyone else did. They dropped seven and didn’t bother bringing extra pressure. I mean, if we’re being honest, most teams play zone a majority of time in college football regardless of the opponent. Miami just did a better job of attacking it the last two weeks. Instead of keeping everyone in to block and sending three receivers into the pattern against 7 DBs, they forced the defense to respect the flats and underneath middle. Coaches aren’t blind. They’re going to try to copy what worked for other teams when they watch film. The whole idea that Van Dyke only played well the last two weeks because the opponents played exclusively man coverage is unrealistic.

Best for everyone for him to move on.

Bring in a dual threat kid who stays healthy. This is 2 years in a row TVD broke and this year he had possibly the best pass protection in America. He can’t move to avoid taking hits. I don’t hate him nearly as much as most of this board does, I think when he’s healthy and engaged he’s a good player, but next year is such an important year for the program I can’t even articulate it right now. Bring me a kid who can run and throw and can avoid injuries.

TVD wasn’t the reason we went 7-5

The inability to bring in a decent option in the portal to back him up and then compete for the job in 2024 is the reason. Emory was there to play but it’s obvious that 50% TVD is the better player. The switch to Emory was solely beneficial only to limit the turnovers

He had a hard time adjusting when his injuries prevented him from being able to making throws he could make a week prior. Watch the hit he took out of bounds at UNC. He got smoked and then got his hand stomped on the sideline.

Windows weren’t the same. Depth wasn’t the same. Lead to the turnover problem and the hesitancy.

The scheme didn’t do him any favors.

I think this offense can take the next step with a quality passer that has some mobility. That was the missing element to bail us out and conflict the defense to really open things up.. run and pass.
And Emory is not mobile either. Need two QB in portal TVD is not coming back

Advertisement
Call me crazy but I’d be ok with him coming back. The last two games he’s looked more like himself. And you got to admire how he did rock-bottom and worked his way out of it.

Obviously still gotta get other QB’s in the portal and HS though. Make him beat out bigger competition. The starting job won’t be guaranteed like this year.

Best for everyone for him to move on.

Bring in a dual threat kid who stays healthy. This is 2 years in a row TVD broke and this year he had possibly the best pass protection in America. He can’t move to avoid taking hits. I don’t hate him nearly as much as most of this board does, I think when he’s healthy and engaged he’s a good player, but next year is such an important year for the program I can’t even articulate it right now. Bring me a kid who can run and throw and can avoid injuries.
Don't even need a dual threat, just someone who can keep plays alive with their legs and pick up the occasion first down

Advertisement
Call me crazy but I’d be ok with him coming back. The last two games he’s looked more like himself. And you got to admire how he did rock-bottom and worked his way out of it.

Obviously still gotta get other QB’s in the portal and HS though. Make him beat out bigger competition. The starting job won’t be guaranteed like this year.
You’re crazy!

They have a plan and good options. We’ll be fine.
@Cribby Any chance they take two portal qbs. Say a veteran guy to be a one year starter plus a younger guy to push the veteran and prepare to be next in case the other developmental guys don’t work out?

Cribby said earlier this week there is a chance the bowl game is played with a walk on at QB. Knowing that Cribby has hidden messages in a lot of what he posts, I think we can figure out what’s going on. Not a good situation for the bowl.
Well that's kinda frustrating. Would be nice to go into the offseason with a few wins in a row

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK
brooooo lol lost my **** on this one hahhaha ty

Advertisement
Back