Interesting

Advertisement
The pick he threw against UVA to X should‘ve told the biggest of haters he was hurt badly. He couldn’t drive the ball at all and had X by two steps. He never misses that ball. Fact is he should’ve sat two games after UNC.
He didn’t even look like he wanted to throw deep yesterday either. 2nd half of Louisville he was limping the whole game. I guess he needed to cry for everyone to say he’s tough or cares lol

Advertisement
Keep an eye on Syracuse if they hire Mullen as HC.
I can't imagine Mullen wants to head back into College coaching after his rant on the broadcast yesterday about the Transfer Portal.

He hated recruiting as is, I don't think he wants anything to do with the current landscape.

I can't imagine Mullen wants to head back into College coaching after his rant on the broadcast yesterday about the Transfer Portal.

He hated recruiting as is, I don't think he wants anything to do with the current landscape.

He supposedly met with the Syracuse AD. I think you’re right, although he’s still pretty young.

Never happened stop making stuff up

Not sure how close how close Holgorsen was from taking over playcalling but columns were written and beat reporters were asking the question.

Also,I swear I read this on this board multiple times this year….

“But when UH’s offense is beyond ordinary and seemingly getting more conservative late in games with Shannon Dawson calling plays, Holgorsen needs to step in and make more of an imprint.”

After blowing a late nine-point lead that saw a Mountaineer offense total negative seven yards in the fourth quarter, fans and analysts alike were up in arms about West Virginia's play-calling. For Offensive Coordinator Shannon Dawson, the second-guessing is nothing new.

"I wish we would have executed well in the fourth quarter," said Dawson. "If we would have thrown the ball ten more times in the fourth quarter, there’s a chance we would have gotten beat by twenty points. If that’s what people wanted, then that’s fine. In my opinion, I don’t really second guess what we did, more of what the execution of what we did."

Most fans' complaints have been with the decision to run the ball - seven of the nine plays in the fourth quarter. Still, as Dawson pointed out, when Clint Trickett did drop back to pass, the results were not positive.

I‘m sure if google his time at Kentucky similar stories would pop up.

I know Mario is the $85 million dollar boogeyman to some of y’all but maybe just maybe Dawson is just a conservative play caller when the game is tight in the 4th?

Advertisement
That leg injury he suffered was a bigger deal than most people care to realize in terms of its affecting TVD's ability to plant and drive through throws as well as just the managing of pain throughout a football game.
Every year is a new injury with TVD, next year it will be his big toe that affects his throwing arm!

I know Mario is the $85 million dollar boogeyman to some of y’all but maybe just maybe Dawson is just a conservative play caller when the game is tight in the 4th?
No doubt I’ve asked myself this question as well but then same time Dawson is still the one that made the call against A&M yeah?

I hate this continued “meddling” narrative but there’s for sure conversations being had so all we can do is speculate

Not sure how close how close Holgorsen was from taking over playcalling but columns were written and beat reporters were asking the question.

Also,I swear I read this on this board multiple times this year….

“But when UH’s offense is beyond ordinary and seemingly getting more conservative late in games with Shannon Dawson calling plays, Holgorsen needs to step in and make more of an imprint.”

After blowing a late nine-point lead that saw a Mountaineer offense total negative seven yards in the fourth quarter, fans and analysts alike were up in arms about West Virginia's play-calling. For Offensive Coordinator Shannon Dawson, the second-guessing is nothing new.

"I wish we would have executed well in the fourth quarter," said Dawson. "If we would have thrown the ball ten more times in the fourth quarter, there’s a chance we would have gotten beat by twenty points. If that’s what people wanted, then that’s fine. In my opinion, I don’t really second guess what we did, more of what the execution of what we did."

Most fans' complaints have been with the decision to run the ball - seven of the nine plays in the fourth quarter. Still, as Dawson pointed out, when Clint Trickett did drop back to pass, the results were not positive.

I‘m sure if google his time at Kentucky similar stories would pop up.

I worked there and graduated from there I don’t care about any article with all due respect.

I think that was the play-by-play guy who was *****ing about nil & the portal.

Advertisement
****, so Mario really was meddling. His *** gotta stop that **** for real.
Didn't really need an insider to tell you that one. All you have to do is look at Dawson's career tendencies to see it.

As @Memnon mentioned dudes had a 3000 yard passer in all his seasons coaching save for with Cristobal and Stoops both of which have the same conservative Brostyle mindset.

You don't go from the mindset of bombs over Baghdad on 3rd & 9 against A&M talking bout scared money don't make no money to running it in to a stuffed box on 3rd and 9 and "air raid is a mindset" later in the same season.

It's quite obvious Mario got his di*k print on Dawson playsheet.

Advertisement
TVD wasn’t the reason we went 7-5

The inability to bring in a decent option in the portal to back him up and then compete for the job in 2024 is the reason. Emory was there to play but it’s obvious that 50% TVD is the better player. The switch to Emory was solely beneficial only to limit the turnovers

He had a hard time adjusting when his injuries prevented him from being able to making throws he could make a week prior. Watch the hit he took out of bounds at UNC. He got smoked and then got his hand stomped on the sideline.

Windows weren’t the same. Depth wasn’t the same. Lead to the turnover problem and the hesitancy.

The scheme didn’t do him any favors.

I think this offense can take the next step with a quality passer that has some mobility. That was the missing element to bail us out and conflict the defense to really open things up.. run and pass.
You can't make excuses for 12 turnovers in 4-5 games. The only blame you can spread around is to the coaches for putting him out there. The turnovers are why we lost. Even just being a game manager and taking the short throws because of injury would have resulted in 2-3 more wins.

What other starting caliber QB is going to come here if TVD is back? If he does come back you have QB 1 and QB 2 (Emory) on campus. The problem is QB 3 (unknown) and QB 4 (Judd) is a disaster waiting to happen in a year that I suspect Mario really wants to compete.
A competitor. Or at least someone who sees TVD can be streaky and injury prone.

Unfortunately, “playing well” is playing against man defense and poor teams. But you can’t have a QB that can only perform vs man D and poor teams. If your QB is awful against decent teams and zone D then what good is he? All his injuries combined does not make you throw directly at the other color jerseys or force it to X into triple coverage.

God only knows why Dawson and Mario could not do more to help him and Williams. Both were very, very poor here. But the very fact they had to adjust the O just to give TVD a chance at just being decent just proves the point that he is awful and should not be out there.

You cannot defend and give Dorsey a pass and then blame two different OCs for TVD. It’s always an excuse with this guy.

How about he is just a poor QB.
I see this he’s only good vs man thing and i wonder how the qb coach doesn’t get any blame for this lol. Like i remember teams playing sone vs lashlee and this was never a problem

Tvd has a slow clock so yea technically he will struggle vs zone more than man but I always thought if an offense is struggling vs a specific coverage its more the coordinators fault. Especially in our case when u have teams dropping 7 or 8 while we have 3 guys running down field, defenders not getting put in conflict, throwing windows get smaller so yea the qb wil struggle

He made bad decisions but if he keeps doing it i gotta start looking at whose coaching him

Advertisement
Back