Interesting

I’m taking backups that could challenge. It can be done , that’s the point for all those defending Mario couldn’t have brought in a backup. Well read that and then make excuses
For sure, not debating they should’ve gotten someone in the door. Just that it’s more than likely not going to be someone with the production of a Sanders when you have a guy that is established. Probably looking for a somewhat highly recruited guy that doesn’t have the tape to be guaranteed a job elsewhere.

Advertisement
It’s not games. He’s not picking and choosing certain times to make sure his preferred style is run. This is something that is guaranteed brought up on the very first interview with a potential candidate and any coach who says “well I want to run the ball but not at the expense of my offensive system” doesn’t get a second interview. What some people don’t understand is that we’re getting THIS type of offense whether it’s Shannon Dawson, Ken Dorsey, or any other coach. Anyone who doesn’t conform to “Tuff and fizical” will not get a job here. Get used to it and get used to hoping a coordinator change will change anything.
Any HC that isn’t calling plays is going to have input on what they want from the offense. You don’t think Saban did that when he bought in Reese? I’m talking about the whole Mario is meddling only when the offense looks bad. Either he’s been meddling the whole time which includes TAMU, Louisville and today or he’s not. Can’t just have it be only when the qb play is terrible and the offense is turning the ball over like crazy.

- ASU brought in Drew Pyne to challenge Rashada and Bourget
- Bama brought in Buchner to challenge Milroe and Simpson
- Oklahoma St brought in Alec Bowman to challenge Gundy's son and Rangel
- Brohm took Brady Allen from Purdue to challenge Jack Plummer
- Auburn brought in Payton Thorne to challenge Ashford and others
- TCU took Chance Nolan from Oregon St to give Chandler Morris some healthy competition
- Missouri took in Jake Garcia to battle Cook and Horn.

Probably some more examples I'm forgetting.
Here is where Im at brother. These examples are mostly with programs or coaches with more proven offenses. So its not to say it cant be done.

With Marios track record and this years tape, I think the best case is to recruit in a proven quality game 1 clear starter. The 2nd one will not be on the same level and a rung or 2 below. Mario can give coach speak that its an open competition but I think we will all know who the starter is. The 2nd QB would be a backup with some game reps in case of injury.

I hope to **** we bring in 2 clear 1’s and have a great camp battle. But Mario seems to have trouble bringing in 1 let alone 2 QB horses.

Advertisement
Here is where Im at brother. These examples are mostly with programs or coaches with more proven offenses. So its not to say it cant be done.

With Marios track record and this years tape, I think the best case is to recruit in a proven quality game 1 clear starter. The 2nd one will not be on the same level and a rung or 2 below. Mario can give coach speak that its an open competition but I think we will all know who the starter is. The 2nd QB would be a backup with some game reps in case of injury.

I hope to **** we bring in 2 clear 1’s and have a great camp battle. But Mario seems to have trouble bringing in 1 let alone 2 QB horses.
Oh I'm 100% with you. I don't think there's a chance Mario brings in two top-tier QB options.

I just want a competent backup in addition to a starting QB, so that we don't have to turn to an Emory WIlliams (for example) or play an injured starter, and the season goes off the rails like this year.

Do you consider the Ol Coach / HC having a huge hand in the running game and adding to it as meddling? Because I do. Mario is a former OL and wants an identity, that’s just facts. Dawson the last two weeks is a drastic difference. If you choose to be blind to that it’s on you. We saw a good bit of the same stuff as Gattis ran mid season.
caveman geico GIF

Advertisement
You don’t think Louisville and Boston College played any zone the last two weeks? You can’t believe that their coaches watched Miami film and said “**** this kid is struggling against zone coverage but **** it, we’re just going to ignore that and play man all game”? Louisville and BC both threw plenty of zone at him today but he just made smarter decisions. Dawson also made adjustments to make it easier and give more options for check down throws. Notice how many tight end targets there were today?

Pretty sure it was said last week vs. UL they are remaining in man defense by the play-by-play guys, and by the look of motion that we were running, BC was running w/ the motion player. Both teams played a vast majority in man. Yes, I’m sure they played some zone, but it was primarily man.

Advertisement
What about these?

ASU brought in Drew Pyne to challenge Rashada and Bourget
- TCU took Chance Nolan from Oregon St to give Chandler Morris some healthy competition
So you named a bunch of guys being brought in to challenge QB’s who didn’t have job security because none of them were high level starters at any point

He also brought in Walker Howard from LSU. Bama went and added a backup qb as well. You could’ve sold a younger qb at challenging Tvd then having a good chance to start the year after he leaves. That actually goes On. Instead he rode with two qb’s that weren’t ready and one was a true Fr.
I think we’re having different convo’s.

ASU brought in Drew Pyne to challenge Rashada and Bourget
And I would say 4 out of 7 of these have worked, so I'm taking my chances bringing in multiple QBs.

Could've been 5 out of 7 if auburn didn't lose to New Mexico last week blowing their O6.5 win total..

Advertisement
From what I heard, the leg injury was always a day-to-day thing both in terms of pain tolerance and functionality of the leg (he woke up day of Clemson with the intention of playing but couldn't walk).

I don't disagree that the coaches should have stepped in and "saved" TVD from himself, but if the player says he's good to go as a coach you go with it, right?
Umm no. My eyes and his actions mean more than his verbal promise/commitment

Is JB gna be the guy or is miami gna have to try to win a bowl game with walk ons?
Cribby said earlier this week there is a chance the bowl game is played with a walk on at QB. Knowing that Cribby has hidden messages in a lot of what he posts, I think we can figure out what’s going on. Not a good situation for the bowl.

Advertisement
Back