Interesting

Advertisement
Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

Advertisement
That leg injury he suffered was a bigger deal than most people care to realize in terms of its affecting TVD's ability to plant and drive through throws as well as just the managing of pain throughout a football game.

So that poster who kept telling us that TVD had three separate serious injuries was correct?

That guy is pretty smart...

Advertisement
Advertisement
It will be the Miami way, he'll crush it in a bowl game, fully healthy and then transfer...
I don’t see any way it plays out that way. If I’m understanding it correctly the portal opens up on 12/4 and if he’s not in early he may lose the spot at the place he’s going to. If he’s the starting QB for the bowl game then I’m guessing he’s back next year. Unless I’m not understanding the intricacies of how the portal works.

I’m cool if he comes back but let him know he has to compete and bring in another qb
What other starting caliber QB is going to come here if TVD is back? If he does come back you have QB 1 and QB 2 (Emory) on campus. The problem is QB 3 (unknown) and QB 4 (Judd) is a disaster waiting to happen in a year that I suspect Mario really wants to compete.

Advertisement
TVD wasn’t the reason we went 7-5

The inability to bring in a decent option in the portal to back him up and then compete for the job in 2024 is the reason. Emory was there to play but it’s obvious that 50% TVD is the better player. The switch to Emory was solely beneficial only to limit the turnovers

He had a hard time adjusting when his injuries prevented him from being able to making throws he could make a week prior. Watch the hit he took out of bounds at UNC. He got smoked and then got his hand stomped on the sideline.

Windows weren’t the same. Depth wasn’t the same. Lead to the turnover problem and the hesitancy.

The scheme didn’t do him any favors.

I think this offense can take the next step with a quality passer that has some mobility. That was the missing element to bail us out and conflict the defense to really open things up.. run and pass.

What other starting caliber QB is going to come here if TVD is back? If he does come back you have QB 1 and QB 2 (Emory) on campus. The problem is QB 3 (unknown) and QB 4 (Judd) is a disaster waiting to happen in a year that I suspect Mario really wants to compete.
If you let that qb know the job is open why wouldn’t they come

I’m cool if he comes back but let him know he has to compete and bring in another qb
IMO… Can’t have both. A decision has to be made and chance will have to be taken.

Money is pretty much only there to have 1 guy if you want the rest of the roster upgrades that are needed.

TVD isn’t cheap. A quality transfer won’t be either

Advertisement
Back