Interesting

Advertisement
TVD wasn’t the reason we went 7-5

The inability to bring in a decent option in the portal to back him up and then compete for the job in 2024 is the reason. Emory was there to play but it’s obvious that 50% TVD is the better player. The switch to Emory was solely beneficial only to limit the turnovers

He had a hard time adjusting when his injuries prevented him from being able to making throws he could make a week prior. Watch the hit he took out of bounds at UNC. He got smoked and then got his hand stomped on the sideline.

Windows weren’t the same. Depth wasn’t the same. Lead to the turnover problem and the hesitancy.

The scheme didn’t do him any favors.

I think this offense can take the next step with a quality passer that has some mobility. That was the missing element to bail us out and conflict the defense to really open things up.. run and pass.
Would you take him back?

I would

He looked significantly healthier than even last week. Couldn’t drive the ball at all last week and had some nice zip on it today
The pick he threw against UVA to X should‘ve told the biggest of haters he was hurt badly. He couldn’t drive the ball at all and had X by two steps. He never misses that ball. Fact is he should’ve sat two games after UNC.

The inability to bring in a decent option in the portal to back him up and then compete for the job in 2024 is the reason. Emory was there to play but it’s obvious that 50% TVD is the better player. The switch to Emory was solely beneficial only to limit the turnovers

He had a hard time adjusting when his injuries prevented him from being able to making throws he could make a week prior. Watch the hit he took out of bounds at UNC. He got smoked and then got his hand stomped on the sideline.

Windows weren’t the same. Depth wasn’t the same. Lead to the turnover problem and the hesitancy.

I think this offense can take the next step with a quality passer that has some mobility. That was the missing element to bail us out and conflict the defense to really open things up.. run and pass.
what good qb goes in the portal to be a backup QB?

Advertisement
Only way I take him back is I let him know I’m going to get some to push him out the transfer portal. I’d take Dante Moore let them battle in the spring

Idc if he comes back. Bring in someone good enough to take his job is my only request. We can't go into another season with a developmental QB room.

That leg injury he suffered was a bigger deal than most people care to realize in terms of its affecting TVD's ability to plant and drive through throws as well as just the managing of pain throughout a football game.
Knee and bad shoulder injury which is why he should’ve sat out 3 games vs only 1.

Dawson with a running qb and no meddling would be intriguing.

Advertisement
Would you take him back?

I would
I would.

But I think the best option for both will be to move on. I question his leadership and his relationship with the rest of the team.. possibly after the Alabama thing in the summer.

I think we benefit more by having a mobile QB and having some sort of unknown in Gainesville next year as to what the offense looks like and fresh leadership. I think a change of scenery really goes a long way some times.

IMO… Can’t have both. A decision has to be made and chance will have to be taken.

Money is pretty much only there to have 1 guy if you want the rest of the roster upgrades that are needed.

TVD isn’t cheap. A quality transfer won’t be either
Big time qbs don’t usually enter the portal. So it’s going to be a guy you back channeled or a guy that solid with some tools you think you can get the best out of

Advertisement
I would.

But I think the best option for both will be to move on. I question his leadership and his relationship with the rest of the team.. possibly after the Alabama thing in the summer.

I think we benefit more by having a mobile QB and having some sort of unknown in Gainesville next year as to what the offense looks like and fresh leadership. I think a change of scenery really goes a long way some times.
Where does he end up, if he decides to bounce?

Knee and bad shoulder injury which is why he should’ve sat out 3 games vs only 1.
From what I heard, the leg injury was always a day-to-day thing both in terms of pain tolerance and functionality of the leg (he woke up day of Clemson with the intention of playing but couldn't walk).

I don't disagree that the coaches should have stepped in and "saved" TVD from himself, but if the player says he's good to go as a coach you go with it, right?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back