Interesting

Advertisement
I don't know how, but Clemson has become the most underrated team in the country.

They've been bulldozing everyone and will likely bulldoze someone in the playoffs. They've been favored three scores or better in every game this season and they are 7-3 versus the spread. The three losses against the spread -- 14 pt win against aTm (favored by 16)...1pt win against North Carolina...45pt win over Wofford (they were -47.5).

People's only memory of Clemson was that narrow win over a bowl eligible UNC team...they've otherwise bulldozed EVERY-BODY.

No the poster said that this would be in the case that the gators just lost to FSU. They will not be ranked highly if that happens. Also ofc i want OB, but I’d be more excited for a new team rather than gators. But both are fine
Oh ok. Didn't read it that way.

Advertisement
Yes they would be more realistic given that either of those options are likely to be ranked. But let’s say wake ***** up and ends up with 8 wins. Let’s say virginia or Virginia tech wins the coastal with single digit wins and gets blown out by Clemson. In those scenarios you can imagine that both wake and the coastal champ end up unranked. Which means we are allowed a shot.
Gotcha, thanks for the response!

Chise................it's all about $$$$$$'s, and promoting teams that have fans that travel well to fill the coffers......bottom line.
Yeah except most bowl games are played in empty stadiums. If they put Memphis against UT or Kentucky in Nashville they’ll sell that **** bowl out. If they put Memphis against UT in NY they’ll get 400 people. They really should start doing more regional matchups for bowls to fill the stadiums.

As I said in the other thread we need style points to make sure we're ranked ahead of a potential 9 - 3 team.

We have to blow out FIU and Duke and shut them out if possible.

Last edited:
Yeah except most bowl games are played in empty stadiums. If they put Memphis against UT or Kentucky in Nashville they’ll sell that **** bowl out. If they put Memphis against UT in NY they’ll get 400 people. They really should start doing more regional matchups for bowls to fill the stadiums.

I don’t know how you pulled this out of your ***, but it’s a really **** good idea. Actually one of the better ideas proposed in the cesspool for a long long time. I hate your fūcking guts because I didn’t think of it. Honestly, I haven’t seen this anywhere else.

Advertisement
I don’t know how you pulled this out of your ***, but it’s a really **** good idea. Actually one of the better ideas proposed in the cesspool for a long long time. I hate your fūcking guts because I didn’t think of it. Honestly, I haven’t seen this anywhere else.
I’m an idea guy, brother. I’m sure others have thought of this, but I’ve never heard anyone else talk about it. It makes sense to me to regionalize these bowl games to make them more interesting to the teams and the fans and definitely put more butts in the seats.

I’d love to see a bunch of bowl games between rivals with bitter blood between them instead of a game between Boise and Boston College played in Louisiana.

Advertisement
Beating ND in the orange bowl would be a great end to the season. Giving us a lot of momentum going into 2020.

I’m an idea guy, brother. I’m sure others have thought of this, but I’ve never heard anyone else talk about it. It makes sense to me to regionalize these bowl games to make them more interesting to the teams and the fans and definitely put more butts in the seats.

I’d love to see a bunch of bowl games between rivals with bitter blood between them instead of a game between Boise and Boston College played in Louisiana.

Yeah the reason this idea jumped out at me is I remember thinking last January bowl season how empty most of the stadiums looked, especially now with the playoffs, in addition to how lame and uninteresting some of the matchups were.

There was just not a lot of interest.

I mean think back to how bowls used to be when we were in college, it wasn’t that long ago that...either during the BCS era, and especially before the BCS era. There were a lot of big time bowl games either December 31 and of course on January 1. All that is gone. All that fanfare and excitement. Some are just almost like meaningless exhibition games at this point. I hate to say it.

miami herald article lays out a path for us to reach the orange bowl without winning the coastal or ACC..and it’s not to far fetched once you read it..would you guys rather win the coastal and play Clemson or lose the coastal out right, but finish the season 8-4 with a shot at playing in the Rock for a primeTime matchup

Play Clemson all the way. It would be a great way to see how much we really have improved. Would be awesome if we beat those **** suckers.

Advertisement
Yeah the reason this idea jumped out at me is I remember thinking last January bowl season how empty most of the stadiums looked, especially now with the playoffs, in addition to how lame and uninteresting some of the matchups were.

There was just not a lot of interest.

I mean think back to how bowls used to be when we were in college, it wasn’t that long ago that...either during the BCS era, and especially before the BCS era. There were a lot of big time bowl games either December 31 and of course on January 1. All that is gone. All that fanfare and excitement. Some are just almost like meaningless exhibition games at this point. I hate to say it.
Chise and OCCC you got to remember that these games are Corpotate sponsored for National not Regional consumption. That means the Corp. $$$$$'s all call the shots. Great idea though.

I can’t wait to watch them crush it as a DOG lmao
I watched them on Saturday, they looked real good. I know NCSU is not a good team this year, but they had absolutely no chance. Wouldn't be shocked to see them win it all again this year.

Advertisement
Back