Interesting

I may be wrong but I thought ACC tie in with OB allows them to select ND instead of ACC team if ND rated higher than available ACC teams. Would tick me off if it happened

Advertisement
Orange Bowl vs uga would be fun, even if a pipe dream

Camping World vs texas would be the other one I'd want to see

Advertisement
Chise................it's all about $$$$$$'s, and promoting teams that have fans that travel well to fill the coffers......bottom line.

I’m not trying to speak for anyone else, but I agreed with his post because of what you just stated.

You would get better attendance, because there would likely be some type of regional rivalry anyway, and it would be shorter travel since it’s regionally-based, so more likelihood for greater attendance due to location and even lower costs.

Makes a whole lot of sense to me. And some of those matchups would be really attractive television matchups as well. Maybe most of them.

I think for example, although it’s probably not likely, a rematch between Miami and Florida again. Lots of interesting stories to hype before the game for the television media, and it would be very well attended.

Advertisement
Best case scenario:
FSU beats the gates relegating them to the OB.
We get payback.
Gates go from potential playoff delusions to last place in the state leading to post holiday season tears till spring ball.
This, this, and moarrrrrrr of THIS!!!!!!!

Everyone saying they want gators. But personally I’m on to the next one. Id rather play someone new. Especially because we don’t get much out of beating the gators, as people will view them as a weak team if we end up beating them. I feel we have more to gain out of beating a new team

I may be wrong but I thought ACC tie in with OB allows them to select ND instead of ACC team if ND rated higher than available ACC teams. Would tick me off if it happened
Wish ND would join the ACC already. They play what 5-6 ACC teams a year? I believe the deal with NBC pays them $15M per and runs through 2025.

Want to play them every single year.

Advertisement
I could totally be dum and not understand the selection process, but wouldn't a WF or the winner of the coastal (who more than likely wont be us) be first in line for an OB appearance?

I feel like a Camping World bowl game is the most realistic one to hope for if that's a good location in your guys mind. It was always my opinion that traveling far away made the whole trip and experience more fun, not going a few hrs down the road to Orlando.

Fortunately I believe you are mistaken. As far as I know Notre Dame can take the spot from the big ten/sec. it cannot take the ACC spot.

Everyone saying they want gators. But personally I’m on to the next one. Id rather play someone new. Especially because we don’t get much out of beating the gators, as people will view them as a weak team if we end up beating them. I feel we have more to gain out of beating a new team

UF is a top 10 team. What do you mean we don't get anything out of beating them? They just beat us. Beating your rival is a recruiting boost for one and shows that we have some sort of momentum heading into next season under a first-year HC.

Would you rather us play Arizona State in El Paso? Liberty or SMU in Charlotte?

Advertisement
I could totally be dum and not understand the selection process, but wouldn't a WF or the winner of the coastal (who more than likely wont be us) be first in line for an OB appearance?

I feel like a Camping World bowl game is the most realistic one to hope for if that's a good location in your guys mind. It was always my opinion that traveling far away made the whole trip and experience more fun, not going a few hrs down the road to Orlando.
Yes they would be more realistic given that either of those options are likely to be ranked. But let’s say wake ***** up and ends up with 8 wins. Let’s say virginia or Virginia tech wins the coastal with single digit wins and gets blown out by Clemson. In those scenarios you can imagine that both wake and the coastal champ end up unranked. Which means we are allowed a shot.

UF is a top 10 team. What do you mean we don't get anything out of beating them? They just beat us. Beating your rival is a recruiting boost for one and shows that we have some sort of momentum heading into next season under a first-year HC.

Would you rather us play Arizona State in El Paso? Liberty or SMU in Charlotte?
No the poster said that this would be in the case that the gators just lost to FSU. They will not be ranked highly if that happens. Also ofc i want OB, but I’d be more excited for a new team rather than gators. But both are fine

My favorite posts. Yes, we should slow down because we don't want to jeopardize our game prep or conditioning. If we talk about potential hypotheticals on a message board, the team will lose focus. Good idea. Let's all stare at our shoes.
I was told players and coaches read cis, oh yeah, recruits too.

Advertisement
Back