Interesting Take On Garvin

Satch

Recruit
Found this on the Athletic from the Packer's draft review:

Jonathan Garvin:

He declared a year early. According to one scout, multiple contacts in the football program told him they were glad Garvin was leaving. The scout said Garvin’s effort level was downright embarrassing at times.

“He can be difficult to coach,” another scout said. “He does things his way. Does what he wants when things don’t go his way. … Only had five sacks.”

Other scouts said a seventh-round choice for Garvin was appropriate because of his size (6-4, 263), arm length (34) and 40 (4.81).

“He’s a left end (in a 4-3),” one said. “He’s not a great speed rusher. But when you get down there and you’ve got a guy this big and his vert (vertical jump of 36) and broad jump (10-4) numbers were really good, take a shot. There’s some upside to that pick. At that point, it just becomes, ‘Swing the bat.’ ”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good I’m glad people from Miami are glad he’s gone. I didn’t want him back after the effort he gave last year. I don’t take kindly to lazy *** people if you can’t tell.
If they were glad hes leaving they should have sent a message and just flat out stop playing him. The other issue is now the young guys behind him usually learn from the older guys and you dont want them learning from that ****** effort. Thats why you bench them, **** dont even dress them out. Thats how you let the young bucks know were not tolerating this type of effort here. We need to get some dam nasty *** dogs in that locker room that are ready to brawl if you slack in practice much less a game.

Advertisement
If they were glad hes leaving they should have sent a message and just flat out stop playing him. The other issue is now the young guys behind him usually learn from the older guys and you dont want them learning from that ****** effort. Thats why you bench them, **** dont even dress them out. Thats how you let the young bucks know were not tolerating this type of effort here. We need to get some dam nasty *** dogs in that locker room that are ready to brawl if you slack in practice much less a game.
Yes Harvey should have gotten more time but still keep his redshirt. I’m sure the same thing would have happened with Cam Williams but he had to sit all year. Obviously you know the coaches suck so it’s unheard of to bench a guy who doesn’t want to play hard I’m sure according to them.

Miami boys who go to Alabama or Clemson get their asses in line. Because the HC has developed a culture which demands it.

No, they're just usually a lot better players than Jon Garvin.

Has Josh Jobe "got his *** in line" ? He can't get on the field. It's not because his *** is or isn't in line, it's because he's not an elite football player. If Jon Garvin somehow wound up at Alabama or Clemson, he'd be their 8th best edge player and have splinters in his *** from the bench, whether he gave max effort or not. At Miami, half-assed Jon Garvin is still too good to have fetch your water. He's gotta play.

It's just incredible what recruiting better football players will do for your football team.

Good I’m glad people from Miami are glad he’s gone. I didn’t want him back after the effort he gave last year. I don’t take kindly to lazy *** people if you can’t tell.

it takes so much for me to root against a 'Cane. i'm loyal, and just don't do it.

maybe over the (many) years there were 4 or 5 guys that were such program killers, such POS's, guys that went against everything the UM culture and common decency demanded ….. that I wouldn't wish their existence on my worst enemy.

he's one of the ignominious few. congrats, dude.

i hope he gets his *** handed to him and is working at a 7-Eleven in six months, where he belongs.

fack him.

Advertisement
No, they're just usually a lot better players than Jon Garvin.

Has Josh Jobe "got his *** in line" ? He can't get on the field. It's not because his *** is or isn't in line, it's because he's not an elite football player. If Jon Garvin somehow wound up at Alabama or Clemson, he'd be their 8th best edge player and have splinters in his *** from the bench, whether he gave max effort or not. At Miami, half-assed Jon Garvin is still too good to have fetch your water. He's gotta play.

It's just incredible what recruiting better football players will do for your football team.

Jobe played a solid amount last year and will probably start for Bama this year.

Comprehension 101. Example. Clemson won their initial NC over the last 10 years with a class ranking between 10-12 on an average. They had JAGS everywhere on defense. Guys like Harvin would indeed be able to play for them during that time, and they would indeed get their asses in line. Because Swinney wouldn’t tolerate 50%.

You reaching to use one player as an example doesn’t change the facts.

Advertisement
*recruiting
*leadership
*development

We've developed a culture of complacency. Garvin is lazy and uncoachable. Our starting RB and LB have little beer guts. Our most "talented" WR is a ****head who looks like he hasn't stepped into a weight room in years.

Nobody comes here and GETS BETTER.

This site is funny. If manny would of benched garvin and played a lesser player, their would be even more air plane banner talk even though we don't have the inside info.
Now.....he does have a point.....CMD would've practically had to say why he was benching him for it to be accepted. And CMD would not have made it public as to his reasoning. Although, playing a player that's going half-speed/low effort DEFINITELY sends the wrong message to the locker room.

Telling you know, the TEAM effort vs FIU/Duke/LaTech was NOT the same team that showed up for the first 10 games of the season....and that's even WITH the molasses slow starts vs UNC-GT-VT. FIU game we had no respect for our opponent and that's a do NOT do in the world of sports, hence open the books on games where supreme underdogs beat the favorites. But after the FIU loss, the guys checked out, they couldn't get over the fact that they lost to FIU, and THAT, is on CMD.....idc if u bench every starter to get the teams attention, you have to do it so u can send a message that hangovers CANNOT happen. I can go on and on about that, but I won't...

*recruiting
*leadership
*development

We've developed a culture of complacency. Garvin is lazy and uncoachable. Our starting RB and LB have little beer guts. Our most "talented" WR is a ****head who looks like he hasn't stepped into a weight room in years.

Starts with the HC.

*recruiting
*leadership
*development

These kids should know, even if they are playing for a losing team the nfl is always watching. There is always something to play for.

Advertisement
Back