Interesting take from A&M writer

Advertisement
First pic is the Blue Chip Ratio of the past couple championship teams. Second pic is this years top BCRsView attachment 256553View attachment 256554
I’m not saying he’s right when he says we have the talent to be title contenders… but based upon the numbers…. He’s lowkey not wrong 😂. Could very much be a LSU 2019 type year

First of all, there are at least 10 teams with a higher blue-chip ratio than us. Second of all, look at who’s right above us with a 3% higher blue chip ratio, the GATURDS. They are not expected to win more than four or five games this year, if they’re lucky.

You basically just confirmed that this is not a championship level blue chip ratio.

This is the kind of post that then results in people having meltdowns when their expectations aren’t met.

We are still looking at a 9-3 team, more or less. Preseason I had us at 8–4, I’m leaning more towards 9–3, since we’ve beaten Texas A&M. But we are super ******* thin in terms of 2-3 deep talent. A lot of good starters, but the injury bug can put a BIG knife in our back.

Get a hold of yourself saying this is a “championship roster“. That’s about as delusional as you can get.
^this

Folks need to pump the brakes on here. I been positive about the season all summer but posters are getting ahead of themselves. We beat a 24 ranked team, a team who is poorly coached and with poor culture, and suddenly folks on here think we are playoff bound

Anything is possible but we are pumping so much sunshine right now that the first loss is going to feel way worse than it should.

First of all, there are at least 10 teams with a higher blue-chip ratio than us. Second of all, look at who’s right above us with a 3% higher blue chip ratio, the GATURDS. They are not expected to win more than four or five games this year, if they’re lucky.

You basically just confirmed that this is not a championship level blue chip ratio.
Are there 10 teams with more talent than us AND better coaching?

Advertisement
Talent retention is on the coach. The recruiting at other positions has been fine. He fails to mention that they lost two 4 stars and a 5 star to the transfer portal. To replace them they brought in two four star corners. Dude is full of **** and making excuses.
I don't think he is making excuses at all, rather a subtle dig at Jimbo for not recruiting well across the board

Brother.

Let’s not let one win go to our heads. C’mon man lol. Let’s beat UNC on the road and Clemson at home before we start thinking like that.
Agree. Don’t yet have the necessary depth to declare such a thing.

Advertisement
Don’t care … still clapped.

===========

And this is the problem I have with the all “SEC” talk.

Outside of 2.5 teams. The rest of their conference is overrated. Then when other teams smack them
It’s “oh the roster isn’t great it just the recruiting ranking we’re great…” WHO GAVE THEM
THOSE RANKINGS?

But he has recruited well. They just left
True, but too much emphasis on the DL with similar type players vs recruiting quality complementary players. IMO Jimbo is too enamored with the # of stars a player has vs recruiting to fit the team's needs. Mario has done a real good job of recruiting quality players and fitting team needs at the same time. Bottom line glad Jimbo is failing miserably lol

Advertisement
This is why the "stack chips" mentality can hurt your program. Sure it looks great in the recruiting rankings if you sign the top 5 linebackers in the country but the facts are you can only play so many at one time. You're also going to neglect other areas to over-fortify one specific spot. A&M would gladly trade one of their 280lb 5 star defensive linemen for a serviceable offensive tackle.

That said, they're not a bad team. They're lightyears better than the team that went 5-7 last year. They fell off in the secondary but made a hypersonic jump in the offensive passing game. Weigman is a solid QB who can make plays and they have some really solid receivers. Now are they any better than an 8-9 win team in the SEC? Probably not. They're likely still 8-4 again but that's not trash. It's just not great.

I don't believe the issue A&M has is 'stacking chips' as much as its developing talent and coaching.

There is no reason A&M shouldn't be a playoff team every year. They spend more, and make more, than anyone else in CFB. They are located in THE talent rich state. For years, the even had the advantage of being the only Texas SEC school and having a mediocre UTexas program to 'compete' with.

A&Ms issue has been their inability to hire the right HC. Looking at how Jimbo left FSU, it's not surprising how his time at A&M has been. They 'stole' Jimbo and gave him an absolutely ridiculous contract. And then gave him a 10 year extension is '21. Mind you, he's never won more than 9 games, in a season, at A&M.

Previously, Alabama, and, most recently, Georgia, have built dynasties with 'stacking chips'. Alabama's coaching fell off, and, so did their shine.

If I'm A&M, I'm already talking to urban and asking him to put a staff together. And, then I'm preparing to whatever 'health scare' he eventually has.

Advertisement
Bluechip ratio says we do...

And...again...someone JUST POINTED OUT that the Gaytors have a higher blue chip ratio than we do...AND THEY SUCK.

How a kid was rated in high school is nice, but that doesn't constitute a "championship roster". It just doesn't. And you saying "bluechip ratio says we do" in your Salacious Crumb voice doesn't make it so.

And...again...someone JUST POINTED OUT that the Gaytors have a higher blue chip ratio than we do...AND THEY SUCK.

How a kid was rated in high school is nice, but that doesn't constitute a "championship roster". It just doesn't. And you saying "bluechip ratio says we do" in your Salacious Crumb voice doesn't make it so.
I have a 60 player team with 30 4 star cornerbacks and 30 4 star linebackers on the roster. My blue chip ratio is kick ***.

The Gators suck because they dont have coaching, not because the players suck. Which is why I brought up coaching. Its amazing you understand the intricacies of football but cant follow a conversation.

Advertisement
Back