Interesting stat on Miami/Mario

What makes it even funnier is that if that really was our next staff our fans would ****** themselves into a coma...

If yall think the Manny Diaz slurpers were bad yall ain’t seen sh*t yet if Mario comes back to Miami lol
Shark Tank Mark GIF by ABC Network

Advertisement
A bunch of coaches Miami would never even be interested in, so it’s irrelevant.

Tbh for most Canes fans sake I wouldn’t really listen to me, I’m not really in the same groove as most of yall are at this point, I 100% believe that the solution to our problems is less Miami & not more Miami.

Meaning, I don’t think overcrowding the program with nothing but former Canes is gonna be a good thing in the long run, it will definitely get everyone excited, but I just mostly believe the whole hiring the Hometown Hero of the Alma Mater HC thing is mostly a wash in college football (when it comes to major programs). Sure there are exceptions to the rule like Ed O & Mike Gundy, but if we’re being honest we all know Orgeron wasn’t really the main catalyst for that 2019 title run, it was Joe Brady’s Offense & LSU’s high powered roster built with the best booster bag money could buy, every time LSU has won a Natty within the last decade it always ended pretty nasty with whoever their HC was because the only way they can ever muster up enough tonnage to box it out with Bama is to cheat to the high Heavens & then hope the penalties on the backend don’t last too long...

I’m more than likely gonna be a stand alone on an island with this one if Mario is the next HC, but I don’t think it’s gonna work out the way everyone else does, but that’s just me. And besides, I’m wrong most of the time anyway so don’t put too much thought into what I say lol.
Here’s the thing. How’s Mario different than what Kirby smart has done? Stack talent until you break through.

I think it's really interesting watching you makeup some completely obscure and random narrative and then post about it non-stop in this thread.

We have multiple people here literally telling us he's interested and they know what they're talking about. It's clearly not a for sure thing but there's a real chance of it happening. And Oregon doesn't have to become "toxic" (i have no idea where this thought came from BTW, makes no sense) for Miami to have a shot. MIAMI has the control to bring in a real AD, make a financial commitment, and then try to seal the deal after making the job more attractive.

Oregon is a good job but it's NOT even close to as good of a job as you're making it out to be.
Don't soften the blow, Oregon isnt a good job AT ALL. That is why they cant keep coaches lately. Mario only is possibly staying strictly out of loyalty to them for giving him a shot. I respect that. But posters who think hes staying because hes got a great thing going and is on the cusp of a natty are really as delusional as they claim the folks who think Mario is coming are.

The whole "Nike money" thing is way overrated. If that was such a big deal, they wouldnt even have needed to hire Mario in the first place. He wasnt a home run hire at all. Folks on here laughed when Oregon hired him. Yeah I remember that vividly. There is a reason why Oregon cant attract elite level HCs even with the Nike bank vault. Its not a good job even with all the resources and limitless money. And it will be an even worse job if USC ever gets back on track.

Advertisement

Tbh for most Canes fans sake I wouldn’t really listen to me, I’m not really in the same groove as most of yall are at this point, I 100% believe that the solution to our problems is less Miami & not more Miami.

Meaning, I don’t think overcrowding the program with nothing but former Canes is gonna be a good thing in the long run, it will definitely get everyone excited, but I just mostly believe the whole hiring the Hometown Hero of the Alma Mater HC thing is mostly a wash in college football (when it comes to major programs). Sure there are exceptions to the rule like Ed O & Mike Gundy, but if we’re being honest we all know Orgeron wasn’t really the main catalyst for that 2019 title run, it was Joe Brady’s Offense & LSU’s high powered roster built with the best booster bag money could buy, every time LSU has won a Natty within the last decade it always ended pretty nasty with whoever their HC was because the only way they can ever muster up enough tonnage to box it out with Bama is to cheat to the high Heavens & then hope the penalties on the backend don’t last too long...

I’m more than likely gonna be a stand alone on an island with this one if Mario is the next HC, but I don’t think it’s gonna work out the way everyone else does, but that’s just me. And besides, I’m wrong most of the time anyway so don’t put too much thought into what I say lol.
Legendary investor George Soros once said,

“It's not whether you're right or wrong, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong.”​

I think the same idea applies to this coaching search. We are at the point where the wrong hire probably all but puts us out of business. Not ******** this up cannot be underestimated and stressed enough. I think the idea with Mario is there is a very very high floor and that minimizes the ramifications of being wrong. I think this hire is more about not being wrong, rather than hitting the homer and being right. We need to win coastal, be fun to watch, beat the teams we are supposed to be most of the time etc etc etc. How can we even think about being a top 5 team right now. The ship is listing, we need to stabilize it. I am not expert but we need to hire smart and safe.

Don't soften the blow, Oregon isnt a good job AT ALL. That is why they cant keep coaches lately. Mario only is possibly staying strictly out of loyalty to them for giving him a shot. I respect that. But posters who think hes staying because hes got a great thing going and is on the cusp of a natty are really as delusional as they claim the folks who think Mario is coming are.

The whole "Nike money" thing is way overrated. If that was such a big deal, they wouldnt even have needed to hire Mario in the first place. He wasnt a home run hire at all. Folks on here laughed when Oregon hired him. Yeah I remember that vividly. There is a reason why Oregon cant attract elite level HCs even with the Nike bank vault. Its not a good job even with all the resources and limitless money. And it will be an even worse job if USC ever gets back on track.
It’s a job that needs the bells and whistles to be attractive. Only surrounding state with football talent is cali. Nike money really only goes back to 2004 ish. What have they won of real note in that time? Miami facility wise won’t be Oregon or Bama but doesn’t need to be.

Here’s the thing. How’s Mario different than what Kirby smart has done? Stack talent until you break through.

He's not, and stacking talent is far and away the most important piece of all of this.

Identify talent, acquire it, coach it. It's not hard. You think Nick Saban just keeps losing half his staff every year and somehow hits the coaching lottery and brings in elite coach after elite coach? No. He has the best players and he just surrounds himself with competent people. You don't have to have the best staff ever assembled if you can just be competent and you have the better roster.

Advertisement
It’s a job that needs the bells and whistles to be attractive. Only surrounding state with football talent is cali. Nike money really only goes back to 2004 ish. What have they won of real note in that time? Miami facility wise won’t be Oregon or Bama but doesn’t need to be.
Exactly. I mean come on some of these posters are treating Oregon likes its some elite level gig all of a sudden. Those mofos gave the reins to Mark Helfrich after Chip Kelly left and as soon as the great recruits were gone from the program he bombed out! 4-8! FIRED! No national search. No thorough search. Just handed the keys to the current OC at the time.

Then what did they do? Hired Willie Taggert! You have all the money and resources in the world, according to many on here, and you hire Willie Taggert! Then after he leaves after a season for what many would consider a better job huh? (FSU who came off a 7 win season was STILL considered the better job) ..So, what did Oregon do? A national search? NOPE! Hire Mario Christobal who just so happens to already be on staff. (Why does this series of events sound so familiar btw?)

Look if Mario wants to stay, good luck to him and good riddance. But miss me with the "Oregon is a way better job and it just makes more since for him to stay there instead of coming here" nonsense.

I don't feel Mario ever gets us a title, but I do feel he could bring us off life support - which I'll take.

He could certainly win the ACC.

Advertisement
Exactly. I mean come on some of these posters are treating Oregon likes its some elite level gig all of a sudden. Those mofos gave the reins to Mark Helfrich after Chip Kelly left and as soon as the great recruits were gone from the program he bombed out! 4-8! FIRED! No national search. No thorough search. Just handed the keys to the current OC at the time.

Then what did they do? Hired Willie Taggert! You have all the money and resources in the world, according to many on here, and you hire Willie Taggert! Then after he leaves after a season for what many would consider a better job huh? (FSU who came off a 7 win season was STILL considered the better job) ..So, what did Oregon do? A national search? NOPE! Hire Mario Christobal who just so happens to already be on staff. (Why does this series of events sound so familiar btw?)

Look if Mario wants to stay, good luck to him and good riddance. But miss me with the "Oregon is a way better job and it just makes more since for him to stay there instead of coming here" nonsense.
In Helfrich's first 3 season he was 33-8. He also played in the National Championship in year two.

In season 4 Helfrich went 4-8. Helfrich was immediately fired after that season. What does that tell you? That Oregon is dead serious about their program and takes accountability seriously.

Yeah maybe the Taggert hire was a bad one and they followed that up with what could have been the same mistake they made in Helfrich. But it looks to be working out okay. And you can't tell me that the Oregon program over the last 15-20 years hasn't been a more successful program. They've played 2 national championship games over the last 10 years and since 2000, Oregon has like the 8th most wins of any university out there.

Obviously Miami is the more storied University but over the last few decades it's very clear that Oregon has built the more stable program.

In Helfrich's first 3 season he was 33-8. He also played in the National Championship in year two.

In season 4 Helfrich went 4-8. Helfrich was immediately fired after that season. What does that tell you? That Oregon is dead serious about their program and takes accountability seriously.

Yeah maybe the Taggert hire was a bad one and they followed that up with what could have been the same mistake they made in Helfrich. But it looks to be working out okay. And you can't tell me that the Oregon program over the last 15-20 years hasn't been a more successful program. They've played 2 national championship games over the last 10 years and since 2000, Oregon has like the 8th most wins of any university out there.

Obviously Miami is the more storied University but over the last few decades it's very clear that Oregon has built the more stable program.
The fact that they attracted the likes of taggart tells you something will always be missing.

Advertisement

Hola hermano. You good? Hope all is well on your side. Good seeing you back my G.

This thread is becoming a perfect example of groupthink delusion.

Right now, the odds are close to zero that Mario even comes, or even considers us seriously.

It would take a low probability chain of events for this to become even a viable option for him, from a professional standpoint.

And if Oregon really wants to keep him, they will. They will amend his contract to make it financially irresponsible for him to leave the school. This is something no one has mentioned here.
source.gif

HC - Mario Cristobal
OC/QB’s - Bobby Fresques
WR’s - Justin Flores
RB’s - Brandon Cuevas
TE’s - Dan Hernandez
OL’s - Alex Mirabal

DC/S’s - Ephraim Banda
LB’s - Willie Martinez
OLB’s - Austin Ybarra
CB’s - Paul Gonzales
ST’s - Peter Davila

Frank Ponce, Marcus Arroyo & James Coley were all offered the OC spot but turned it down due to contract disputes.
Give us your real one so we can compare it to the Latino one

Advertisement
Back