Interesting note on grad transfers

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
It is very likely that Miami pursues grad transfers at BOTH corner and safety.

Not saying they will actually land two guys, but if everything works the way they want, then it is very much in the picture for them to land two grad guys at DB.

Dee Delaney from The Citadel is visiting this weekend and Miami likes him at CB. No safety names set in stone just yet but remember more names will emerge after spring as some guys decide to move on from their current schools.

Advertisement

Not saying they will actually land two guys, but if everything works the way they want, then it is very much in the picture for them to land two grad guys at DB.

Dee Delaney from The Citadel is visiting this weekend and Miami likes him at CB. No safety names set in stone just yet but remember more names will emerge after spring as some guys decide to move on from their current schools.

Honestly I think we just need to build with the talent we have. Got to get the young guys experience in order to be ready for lsu next year. I guess we should take Dee Delaney but one stop gaps don't help the future like that in regards to building depth

Edit: take Delaney, not sure if another guy is necessary

Last edited:

Honestly I think we just need to build with the talent we have. Got to get the young guys experience in order to be ready for lsu next year. I guess we should take Dee Delaney but one stop gaps don't help the future like that in regards to building depth

I gotta disagree, young guys will get pt through injuries, blowouts, etc, if this can help us win double digit games in 2017 you gotta get him

Can't agree with you on this one Brock. Clearly Mark Richt both understands the fan's expectations for 2017 and also has those same high expectations of the team for 2017. No way can they use 2017 as a way to groom the young guys. If they find grad transfers at CB and at S for 2017, I'm great with that. There will be plenty of time, especially with a couple of cream puffs before FSU, to let the young guys get some experience and then sprinkle them in for the rest of the season.

I gotta trust Brock here. I don't think the coaching staff has nearly the grasp of the roster situation as he does.

Advertisement

Brock you used be a sensible guy. I think you should get tested for lyme disease before you have a wyatt sexton type freakout. Sexton repeatedly referred to himself as 'God'

Delaney would be a huge addition for us. He would most likely start from the outside opposite of Dean/Young. It really seems like Bandy will most likely get to start at NCB. That worries me a bit but he'll have to take his lumps.

Pete, any word on the Miss State S/CB grad transfer Cedric Jiles that was rumored to be looking at Miami?

Advertisement

Delaney is an NFL corner that we can rent for a year at our weakest position in terms of depth. Absolute no-brainer.#

I hear your point a little more with regard to safety, but we have no one that is a proven consistent player there and we need to solidify the group if we are going to make a run at the ACC Championship Game, which we should expect this season. If a guy comes in and it is even close between him and one of the young guys, gotta figure the coaches will favor the young guy.

You bring in upperclassmen to start especially when you have FSU so early is huge especially when you're adding at least 1 NFL draft prospect who can be an early pick

Delaney would be a huge addition for us. He would most likely start from the outside opposite of Dean/Young. It really seems like Bandy will most likely get to start at NCB. That worries me a bit but he'll have to take his lumps.

Pete, any word on the Miss State S/CB grad transfer Cedric Jiles that was rumored to be looking at Miami?

If we get Delaney my hope is that MYoung is the Nickel and we can ease Bandy into that Dime spot.

Can't agree with you on this one Brock. Clearly Mark Richt both understands the fan's expectations for 2017 and also has those same high expectations of the team for 2017. No way can they use 2017 as a way to groom the young guys. If they find grad transfers at CB and at S for 2017, I'm great with that. There will be plenty of time, especially with a couple of cream puffs before FSU, to let the young guys get some experience and then sprinkle them in for the rest of the season.

This. We need to win and win now. No time to babysit. Schedule screams of a 10 win season and an ACC title game berth. Richt knows that. He isnt being given a "3 year rebuild" layout here. It was "take your lumps in Year 1 and get ready to kick a$$ in Year 2" type deal.

We are on the cusp of potentially bringing in a top 3 recruiting class..cannot ***** up the momentum hoping that the light turns on for guys like Mayes, Bandy, MYoung, etc.

Advertisement
Its imperative we win NOW. We cant always play the young guy card, especially breaking in no experience at qb. For years our class has started strong then fall off when season starts. This class is too talented for us not to go all in on this season. We cant miss this chance

Adding grad transfers is a no brainer. Especially this year. We can't afford to lose games because of our depth. People saying we shouldn't get a grad transfer realize that if we start losing games we will also start losing our recruits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delaney is an NFL corner that we can rent for a year at our weakest position in terms of depth. Absolute no-brainer.#

I hear your point a little more with regard to safety, but we have no one that is a proven consistent player there and we need to solidify the group if we are going to make a run at the ACC Championship Game, which we should expect this season. If a guy comes in and it is even close between him and one of the young guys, gotta figure the coaches will favor the young guy.

Yeah I also think we should take Delaney but I'm talking about taking another grad transfer on top of that seem alittle excessive. Let's see what Jaquan, Finley, dean, bandy, redwine, Jackson,carter,smith young, delaney can do.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Yeah I also think we should take Delaney but I'm talking about taking another grad transfer on top of that seem alittle excessive

Thought you were leaving the board?

Adding grad transfers is a no brainer. Especially this year. We can't afford to lose games because of our depth. People saying we shouldn't get a grad transfer realize that if we start losing games we will also start losing our recruits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. It's a no brainer to seek grad transfers, given our woeful depth.

And even if we hit the lottery with the freshmen defensive backs (as we did last year with the LBs), it could have the unintended effect of hurting the db recruiting, as the recruits might see less of an opportunity.

Yeah I also think we should take Delaney but I'm talking about taking another grad transfer on top of that seem alittle excessive. Let's see what Jaquan, Finley, dean, bandy, redwine, Jackson,carter,smith young, delaney can do.

This team isn't on "wait and see" anymore. We are in a win now mode, none of that ***** crap.

Yeah I also think we should take Delaney but I'm talking about taking another grad transfer on top of that seem alittle excessive

Thought you were leaving the board?

Bull ****, naturally

Advertisement
Back