Indoor Practice Facility

From a recent Barry Jackson article:
• UM says it has raised $31 million for an indoor practice facility but needs to get to $34 million to begin construction.

My question.... when they DO begin construction, roughly how long does it take to be built?

If Trump had negotiated the deal, they would have to pay $25MM.

Advertisement
From a recent Barry Jackson article:
• UM says it has raised $31 million for an indoor practice facility but needs to get to $34 million to begin construction.

My question.... when they DO begin construction, roughly how long does it take to be built?

Liberals... Take notes on how we Conservatives to do it... Beg for a handout first then worry about construction second. Then tell everyone you worked for every dime you ever made!

Wonder how long it will be before the mods finally catch on to your racial and political trolling and slap your silly *** with a band?

not soon enough

Over 31 millions is raised. Within the next few months they will begin construction of the ipf I can imagine. Marcus lemonis has his campaign going to raise funding for 3 million too where he's going to match half

Last edited:
Probably not too long, its mostly hallow for the field with only the office space and weight room as the interior infrastructure. They built that new medical center in just over a year/year and a half, can't imagine the IPF would take as long.

I doubt they'll move the weight room or add offices. This will be like UCF's- just a barn with fans.

Video: Take a tour of Miami Hurricanes indoor football practice facility | Canes Watch

And now you know why nothing ever gets built at UM on time... UCF's was $4M and right next to the field house and they just re-did the offices in what 2013?

Yea, let's just build a cheesy one that costs about 1/10th of the one we have planned. Slap up some two by fours and a tin roof and we're good to go.

good for recruiting

I doubt they'll move the weight room or add offices. This will be like UCF's- just a barn with fans.

Video: Take a tour of Miami Hurricanes indoor football practice facility | Canes Watch

And now you know why nothing ever gets built at UM on time... UCF's was $4M and right next to the field house and they just re-did the offices in what 2013?

Yea, let's just build a cheesy one that costs about 1/10th of the one we have planned. Slap up some two by fours and a tin roof and we're good to go.

Have you been in UCF's? It's perfectly fine. What they're admitting is 3 years ago they built/remodeled a facility poorly and wasted money then. I went on the tour, it was nice.

Didn't the player that's commented on this threat admit a kid is stupid if they sign for facilities anyway?

we're not looking for "perfectly fine." we're looking for a great facility. "perfectly fine" for ucf shouldn't even register as a blip on the radar for us.

Advertisement
We've been $3million away for the past 4 months...

6 months ago many people on this site were saying that ALL of the funding was in and it was a done deal.Just waiting to make the announcement....hmmm.

Now they didn't
Band Ropa said:
So what are you guys trying to say? One man says a **** good one was built for $4 million. Another man says we had all the money 6 months ago. And I'll be damned if Brock done said now we short! To top all of that now there is talk of a new baseball IDF. So what are yawl really trying to say? I say yawl to **** smart, yawl hip to the game.

IMG_3538.GIF

Last edited:
We've been $3million away for the past 4 months...

6 months ago many people on this site were saying that ALL of the funding was in and it was a done deal.Just waiting to make the announcement....hmmm.

I'm pretty sure, in one of the recruiting threads, Brooklyndee or someone else said that they had the money donated but during the vetting process they had to return 3 million because the donors involved where either in trouble or being sued for something else. Apparently they're doing the due diligence they neglected to do with Shapiro. Live and learn.

Funds stayed on a plateau thru bag season. Should be under construction within 4 months

Probably not too long, its mostly hallow for the field with only the office space and weight room as the interior infrastructure. They built that new medical center in just over a year/year and a half, can't imagine the IPF would take as long.

Sounds good. It's not like Miami is in tornado alley, so it should be fine.

Advertisement
Uga is just now having their grand opening at the same price and it has taken 12 mos....construction cost must be a lot more in Miami though....uga's a lot nicer...too bad cmr is not getting his due there because theirs is because of him and Pruitt going over the ad's' head...and one reason Right got fired...shaming the ad.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Have you been in UCF's? It's perfectly fine. What they're admitting is 3 years ago they built/remodeled a facility poorly and wasted money then. I went on the tour, it was nice.

Didn't the player that's commented on this threat admit a kid is stupid if they sign for facilities anyway?

we're not looking for "perfectly fine." we're looking for a great facility. "perfectly fine" for ucf shouldn't even register as a blip on the radar for us.

UCF beat Miami to an IPF by how many years? Shoot to your level, and Miami's level financially is UCF, not SEC/Big10

But under the Florida building code, Miami is obviously part the "high velocity hurricane zone" which means that we follow different building guidelines than Orlando and Gainesville. That equals better material and more labor. Which ends up costing a lot more than an XL tool shed

We can't just build a barn that will be outdated as soon as it's finished. We are Miami, so we need to build something on par with how we envision the program. Elite!

Looking at the map there is obvious windows they will need to work in to not interfere with practice. I would wager UM has this planned out pretty well.

Advertisement

But under the Florida building code, Miami is obviously part the "high velocity hurricane zone" which means that we follow different building guidelines than Orlando and Gainesville. That equals better material and more labor. Which ends up costing a lot more than an XL tool shed

We can't just build a barn that will be outdated as soon as it's finished. We are Miami, so we need to build something on par with how we envision the program. Elite!

Are you sure? I don't remember the last time Miami had a typhoon, so I don't see why there would be a problem with doing this on the cheap. Basically save money on the structure and just make it look pretty for recruiting. ****, Miami doesn't even have earthquakes so there shouldn't be any reason for extra building rules.

Are you sure? I don't remember the last time Miami had a typhoon, so I don't see why there would be a problem with doing this on the cheap. Basically save money on the structure and just make it look pretty for recruiting. ****, Miami doesn't even have earthquakes so there shouldn't be any reason for extra building rules.

http://www.floridabuilding.org/fbc/Wind_2010/Flyer_Wind_January2012.pdf

image.jpg

UCF beat Miami to an IPF by how many years? Shoot to your level, and Miami's level financially is UCF, not SEC/Big10

Your blog sucks and so does your posting. Go slap a Knights shirt on and root for that 3rd rate "University".

http://www.floridabuilding.org/fbc/Wind_2010/Flyer_Wind_January2012.pdf

View attachment 42852

Huh, who knew? Global warming must have changed the weather patterns down there.

Advertisement
Back