Indoor Practice Facility

Advertisement
From a recent Barry Jackson article:
• UM says it has raised $31 million for an indoor practice facility but needs to get to $34 million to begin construction.

My question.... when they DO begin construction, roughly how long does it take to be built?

Liberals... Take notes on how we Conservatives to do it... Beg for a handout first then worry about construction second. Then tell everyone you worked for every dime you ever made!

Wonder how long it will be before the mods finally catch on to your racial and political trolling and slap your silly *** with a band?

Definitely one way for them to go about that...

UM

Calm down it was just a joke to brighten the day... You know we Conservatives like to throw a little jab at the Liberals every now and then. Right, Brother? It was a little something for everyone. If you were a Lib your like HAHA! And if you were a Conserv you were like F** Yeah!, but wait a minute that was Ropa who said that... Did we finally convert him... Just in case F** Yeah & kinda F** Ropa!!!

That was one of the dumbest posts I've ever read, and not because I'm a liberal. It was just dumb as ****.

• UM says it has raised $31 million for an indoor practice facility but needs to get to $34 million to begin construction.

My question.... when they DO begin construction, roughly how long does it take to be built?

Liberals... Take notes on how we Conservatives to do it... Beg for a handout first then worry about construction second. Then tell everyone you worked for every dime you ever made!

Wonder how long it will be before the mods finally catch on to your racial and political trolling and slap your silly *** with a band?

UM

Calm down it was just a joke to brighten the day... You know we Conservatives like to throw a little jab at the Liberals every now and then. Right, Brother? It was a little something for everyone. If you were a Lib your like HAHA! And if you were a Conserv you were like F** Yeah!, but wait a minute that was Ropa who said that... Did we finally convert him... Just in case F** Yeah & kinda F** Ropa!!!

You're a fvckin weirdo...I bet all the kids in your neighborhood are scared as fvck of you and talk about the weird guy down the street they dare each other to trick-or-treat at your house

Last edited:
Advertisement

UM

Darwin curses medical advancements after reading this.

if they wanted to, they could have this thing up in 6 months. No reason not to go with pre fab construction for the exterior walls. Which is basically Most of the structure.

Probably not too long, its mostly hallow for the field with only the office space and weight room as the interior infrastructure. They built that new medical center in just over a year/year and a half, can't imagine the IPF would take as long.

I doubt they'll move the weight room or add offices. This will be like UCF's- just a barn with fans.

Video: Take a tour of Miami Hurricanes indoor football practice facility | Canes Watch

And now you know why nothing ever gets built at UM on time... UCF's was $4M and right next to the field house and they just re-did the offices in what 2013?

Advertisement
Probably not too long, its mostly hallow for the field with only the office space and weight room as the interior infrastructure. They built that new medical center in just over a year/year and a half, can't imagine the IPF would take as long.

I doubt they'll move the weight room or add offices. This will be like UCF's- just a barn with fans.

Video: Take a tour of Miami Hurricanes indoor football practice facility | Canes Watch

And now you know why nothing ever gets built at UM on time... UCF's was $4M and right next to the field house and they just re-did the offices in what 2013?

Yea, let's just build a cheesy one that costs about 1/10th of the one we have planned. Slap up some two by fours and a tin roof and we're good to go.

Yea, let's just build a cheesy one that costs about 1/10th of the one we have planned. Slap up some two by fours and a tin roof and we're good to go.

Have you been in UCF's? It's perfectly fine. What they're admitting is 3 years ago they built/remodeled a facility poorly and wasted money then. I went on the tour, it was nice.

Didn't the player that's commented on this threat admit a kid is stupid if they sign for facilities anyway?

Advertisement

Have you been in UCF's? It's perfectly fine. What they're admitting is 3 years ago they built/remodeled a facility poorly and wasted money then. I went on the tour, it was nice.

Didn't the player that's commented on this threat admit a kid is stupid if they sign for facilities anyway?

Get in touch with Blake James and let him know your thoughts. Your well thought out and knowledgeable alternative building plan will be well received and save the school about $30 million.

We are fortunate as a fan base to have someone with such a thorough grasp of the complex factors involved in this proposed construction. Hopefully, they will take your wise advice and proceed accordingly.

Cheers.

Get in touch with Blake James and let him know your thoughts. Your well thought out and knowledgeable alternative building plan will be well received and save the school about $30 million.

We are fortunate as a fan base to have someone with such a thorough grasp of the complex factors involved in this proposed construction. Hopefully, they will take your wise advice and proceed accordingly.

Cheers.

Adding on an ipf to the already upgraded shwartz center isn't even "admitting 3yrs ago they built/remodeled a facility poorly and wasted money". That makes no sense. Its not like they are tearing it down, they're just adding on to it.

Cheers.

Adding on an ipf to the already upgraded shwartz center isn't even "admitting 3yrs ago they built/remodeled a facility poorly and wasted money". That makes no sense. Its not like they are tearing it down, they're just adding on to it.

People complaining about us spending money deserve no place on this board. This is something that is nice for the players and compatible to other p5 schools, who we are competing against whether you think it matters or not is irrelevant. It can't hurt.

Advertisement

Cheers.

People complaining about us spending money deserve no place on this board. This is something that is nice for the players and compatible to other p5 schools, who we are competing against whether you think it matters or not is irrelevant. It can't hurt.

Yeah I dont get it. What else in the immediate future are we going to need to get significant donations for anyway? Get as much money from donors as you can then in another 5yrs we can get another expensive addition.

We've been $3million away for the past 4 months...

6 months ago many people on this site were saying that ALL of the funding was in and it was a done deal.Just waiting to make the announcement....hmmm.

Now they didn't

So what are you guys trying to say? One man says a **** good one was built for $4 million. Another man says we had all the money 6 months ago. And I'll be damned if Brock done said now we short! To top all of that now there is talk of a new baseball IDF. So what are yawl really trying to say? I say yawl to **** smart, yawl hip to the game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back